1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Very Soon"

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by JalapenoShat, Feb 11, 2014.

1. JalapenoShat

JalapenoShat New Cupcake

So I know a lot of you have seen the new "Wildstar Adventure" flick. At the end he says we will see you very soon. Many people think this is a hint of a release date.

Are people just looking to much into it, or do you think carbine put that in there for a reason?

Thoughts?
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Just this.....nothing more, nothing less :D

And this has been the case for.......the last year (to say the least!)
    Taher, Ianpact and Kataryna like this.
  3. Latt

Latt New Cupcake

I am more inclined to believe that there will be another Wildstar flick very soon rather than a release date announcement. I doubt it means nothing simply because the script was surely looked over with a fine tooth comb and every word approved by multiple levels in the organization.

Either way, something is coming soon which is always nice to hear :)
  4. Elthic

Elthic Cupcake-About-Town

Well considering they are still targeting spring 2014 as the release date. That would give them till the middle of June at the latest to meet that deadline. That is about 4 months away.

Honestly, we should be hearing something by at least march if they want to meet that. Considering they will want to do preorders, and what not too.

As for the video teasing us, I doubt it meant much. But who knows :p
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Somethings comming.....oke, but that has been the case ever since they began sending out WSW's tbh.

Yes, we still need info on a LOT of things 2 of the main parts of the game:
    Warplots
    Raids
    (the two i'm most curious about)

But there is indeed always something comming, weither it is ''big'' in someones eye's or not, that's all up to their expectations eventually.
    Release date? Not going to happen in some time! People WANT it too much :p
  6. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

Did these kids never get told that a watched pot never boils? No matter the time it takes to get here it will be excruciating if you just concentrate on it. Low expectations and patience added to "soon" is the best realistic release date. Not unheard of to push projects back or to give a wrong estimate, just how things are.
    Ianpact likes this.
  7. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Still lots of flick information to toss out. Shiphands, Warplots, etc.
  8. Alex F

Alex F Cupcake

Information and flicks can still come after the release date has been posted, they can still come after the game has been released, I think they call it advertising.

That being said, something regarding the release has to become public, people are getting inpatient and it's understandable, honestly because it's reasonable - I want to know what the big plan is and I am interested in facts not assumptions. So while I'm not stomping my foot and saying "I WANT TO PLAY NOW" (which I do want) asking for some information about when that may happen is acceptable, IMO.

As for the flick, don't read too much into it. Games in development have the bad habit of putting emphasis on "It's coming!" and "Soon". For all we know it's may release in 2014, then again we thought it would release in 2013 ... in 2013.
  9. Equinox

Equinox New Cupcake

In the MMO community, the first day after release they need to announce their first major content patch in order to quell the masses :) They could launch with more content than 10 years of WoW and people would still be banging down their door.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Trust me after (atleast) 3 years of following WS patiently you get full with all those questions about when will it be released.
    Specially if in those 3 years you haven't really asked that question yourself :p

I personally loved it when they said ''it's done when it's done'' :D that's the kind of attitude that I love and I wish they do the same with the release/open-beta dates :coffee:
  11. Soximus

Soximus New Cupcake

I think we all need to try and let the game go through it's courses, I just hope it doesn't pull a starcraft ghost and cease to exist, but I highly doubt that :p. but the "very soon" quote, it's a really focused part of the flick I think people are right to speculate something is coming, but my "adult" brain kicks in making me just assume it's a marketing ploy. which I extremely hope it isn't.
  12. Weeablade

Weeablade New Cupcake

I admire developers who work by their own schedule.
  13. MadMac

MadMac The Cupcake is a Lie

14. JackyVee

JackyVee Cupcake

15. Andrew O'Keefe

Andrew O'Keefe New Cupcake

I really hope "very soon" means they are gonna release "very soon" :)