1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Viability of Settler

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Zoker, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Zoker

Zoker New Cupcake

After all the towns have been built up what will the settler do? Do they do other things besides upgrading towns?
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

All speculation!!!

In PvP: Warplots! They need to build turrets/walls repair them etc. etc.
    In PvE: Rebuild! They need to rebuild their stuff since not everything is there for eternity (didn't someone posted a link to a post saying things slowly disappear so you need to build them again?).

Well, and then there is ofcourse you own little house! When it's under attack don't think you can keep your barn without taking damage :D Unless you use the cows as protection, nothing beats plasma roasted cows in the morning :laugh:
    ruff_ethereal and Zoker like this.
  3. Zoker

Zoker New Cupcake

Thank you :D
    That sounds awesome, I have been looking forward to Settler since path reveal, its good to see that settlers always have something to do.
  4. Taters

Taters Cupcake

I would guess anything a settler does in open world can be ransacked by the opposite faction.
  5. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

6. Zoker

Zoker New Cupcake

That would be either hilarious or annoying. What I think is important for the patch system would be all of the paths working together. An explorer, or group of them should be able to open up outposts and settlers should be able to expand on them which offers quests for soldiers some of which should be protecting the new settlements. Vendors should have new equipment or consumables to help in the current environment depending on the research done by scientists.
  7. nomotog

nomotog Cupcake-About-Town

In this day and age where mmos can spawn instances, I'm not worried about building clutter. They can do like COH did. When a zone gets too full, you would spawn another instance of it.
  8. Rush

Rush Cupcake

My theory is that it happens in Contested Zones. You build up a town to make it defensible, and if the Dominion or Exiles raid your town and destroy it, you have to start all over again.

Just my thoughts on it.
  9. Clowne

Clowne Cupcake

I think that they mentioned towns will deteriorate without maintenance. It's been a while since I read the article where it was discussed, so I'm a little fuzzy (actually, I'm always fuzzy thanks to my beard), but I'm pretty sure they brought that up. Gaffney also mentioned things like putting down campfire respawn points in a dungeon to help your party (on IGN's Up at Noon, if you need a source).
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Yup i've said the same, I could swear i've read about it somewhere but can't seem to find it anymore :p
    But thanks to you I now know I aint hallucinating (unless we both are :cautious:)

Also look at the new video ''What is Wildstar?'' for the PvP settler things, seems to me they are building some sweet tanks/cannons there.
  11. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

12. Dixonian

Dixonian New Cupcake

13. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

Well I have a pretty big group of friends that I always play mmo's with. About 20 people and I think like 18 of them are getting it for the housing :p So if that says anything statistically I think it will be find.