1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Warrior name change?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Catdurid, May 28, 2013.

?

Should the Warrior class get a new name?

1. YES! The badassness shall only increase!

65.9%
  2. NOOOO! /throw massive sword.

34.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

It's not a question of fiction it's a question of logic. You are not required to agree with my opinion that long ranged weaponry is superior in its ability to induce death.
  2. McSteezy

McSteezy Cupcake

Jackhammer
  3. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

I don't particularly think there's anything wrong with just warrior, it's plain and simple and explains what they do haha, and in the end it's just a name it doesn't determine anything about how the class will actually be.

Though I suppose if they really wanted they could spice it up to fit a bit more into the Wildstar theme, as far as what you would name that I have no clue haha.
  4. crowsong

crowsong Cupcake-About-Town

I don't disagree, you are completely correct. What im disagreeing with is that your assuming W* is reality lol
  5. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

Fair enough, I see your point.

To stay on topic:

Let's call em Juggernauts for cliche' sake.
  6. lelouch

lelouch Cupcake

Warrior kinda old name Juggernaut or Bruiser and (Space) Gladiator seem to be nice.
    I don't any other names for a warrior names

Edit: maby Samurai
  7. Thordran

Thordran Cupcake-About-Town

Personally, I think warrior sounds better than a lot of options as a decent class descriptor. Soldier doesn't seem quite as interesting sounding as warrior does for some reason.

I like what Lord of the Rings did with the class that they originally called soldier. They became Champions instead. Champion sounds more appealing to most people than soldier for some reason.

That said, there are certainly better options out there for naming conventions. I liked the Star Wars Vanguard and Commando designations myself, they both sounded cool in my opinion.
  8. Bloodraptor

Bloodraptor Cupcake-About-Town

Howdy! while I appreciate your enjoyment of my art, you are welcome to use it if you give the source credit in the sig. I can also make a custom sig image if you desire to commission one, otherwise I would please appreciate you giving credit or linking to the original image thread here in WSC. Thanks! :)
  9. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

I think soldier would have been better had it not already been taken by the path descriptor. But maybe the path would be better known as "Weapons Expert?"
  10. Kellth

Kellth Cupcake

Warrior is fine.
    CaRaDaGaiTa likes this.
  11. Furor Tuetonicus

Furor Tuetonicus Cupcake-About-Town

After some thought, I have to agree that Warrior is a pretty bland name compare to Spellslinger, Esper and Stalker. Juggernaut or Dreadnaught seem to fit what they do best.

As for swords and blades in a sci-fi setting, I direct your attention to Frank Herbert's DUNE and the personal shields, and the shields used in SWToR/KoToR. They stop ranged attacks to allow the user to safely get into melee and wreak havoc among more lightly armored opponents with your enormous melee weapon.
  12. StarSloth

StarSloth New Cupcake

I agree with this 100%. If you had to play 'which one of these don't belong', it would be warrior.
  13. Ahkronn

Ahkronn Cupcake

I'd say yes... It'd be a barrel full of fresh air to see different names from the usual ones.

By definition, any and every class is a warrior class. They engage and participate in wars, so they are warriors.

As I see "Warriors" in Wildstar, I'd call them Brutes.
  14. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

i think their just fine.........and if you want something new and diffirent get a path that you think is opposite of the class like warrior/scientist
  15. binzer

binzer Cupcake

Juggernaut is probably the best, but it immediately makes me think of SWTOR. The problem with rare names is that if they've been used in a game before, that game immediately springs to mind. Warrior is so generic that it doesn't make me think of any game, so it at least has that working in its favor.

Soldier to me is more like a job, so it makes better sense on the path system (after all, anyone can be a soldier, not just sword wielders!).

The Stalker and Spellslinger names are both based on class mechanics, and I think it would be nice if we could come up with the same sort of thing for the Warrior. Something to do with swords?

Personally I'm fine with Warrior and think it does fit the world, but I can see why some people would want a name as unique as the others. Mind you, maybe the last two classes won't have unique names either :S
  16. Kasern

Kasern Cupcake

As was discussed in the other thread, the Stalker name best describes someone who has undergone the "stalker treatment" and so works for both factions. Whether the Dominion refer to Stalkers in their employ as mercenaries, assassins, special forces or whether the Exiles name them something similar doesn't really matter. We're using the Stalker label to define anyone with the Stalker abilities.

Espers are users of ESP. Spellslingers are magic gunslingers.

Now, since Warriors all have the same abilities (ignoring specs and builds) and they all use high-tech heavy armour (Space Marines/Spartans), use tech-blades and hand cannons, doesn't that mean they are a specific type, or path, of warrior?

In the same way that Space Marines from 40K and Spartans from Halo are soldiers (or supersoldiers) but you don't call them that. They are Space Marines and Spartans! In that same way, the Warriors need their own label.

But it needs to be a label that peoples of both factions would use, a label that both defines and describes their abilites and their equipment.

Something like Trooper might work, but as stated above, it's very SWTOR. Reaver, might work. Tech-Blade, after their own weapon?

IMO it doesn't really matter what the label is, so long as it is a label. Warrior is generic and bland. Hell, we're all bloody warriors no matter the class.
    deachem likes this.
  17. ThatGrumpyScotsman

ThatGrumpyScotsman New Cupcake

Just seen this thread. I agree, the Warrior name is a bit weird. I think "Enforcer" would work best.
  18. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

If people dislike how "bland" the name is, wait till they officially announce the last two classes. Their names are going to be just as "bland" as this.

To contribute to the topic though, Gladiator is the best.
  19. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

Gladiators of third millennium
  20. Ahkronn

Ahkronn Cupcake

Is that pure speculation, inside info or crystal ball techniques?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.