1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Warrior seems... easy

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by qqmoarploxify, May 27, 2014.

1. qqmoarploxify

qqmoarploxify Cupcake-About-Town

Along with this and the Stalker it seems like a 2 button rotation for top raid dps. Relentless Strike + Power Strike for warriors and the spammer and impale for stalkers. Should add some changes to make it a little more interesting. Like increasing the damage of plasma saw and having it generate some KE, and other changes similar for some diversity.
  2. Grelin

Grelin Cupcake

I think my brain just exploded... there is just soooooooooooo much more to the warrior and stalker than 2 buttons. Maybe you haven't played the game yet or haven't gotten at least to level 20 to do the dungeons but come on. U haz 2 B a trollzor.
  3. Chenzo

Chenzo New Cupcake

Hmm. Well I can see how coming from other MMOs without Limited Action Sets you might think it's essentially a two button rotation. But actually the idea of a rotation is kind of redundant in Warrior DPS in Wildstar. From what I've read it's more of a priority system. Rogdon over at 2arcgaming posted a warrior raid DPS guide that highlights the importance of breaching strikes procs and proper timing of power link to maximise your DPS.
  4. Dist

Dist Cupcake

If you are just using 2 buttons, then you are doing it wrong... and if you are still top of DPS then your whole group is also doing it wrong. As a warrior myself and having played endgame content I use almost all of my LAS during every fight, with 1 or 2 abilities being situational.
    Kataryna likes this.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I remember those good ol'days in WoW where people said to some classes that they were 2 button classes. Yet when we played the same class you could easily show them what the difference was between using a few buttons and by knowing when to use which skill (using more skills).

Also I don't know where you'd ''tested'' that dps of yours but noway that it could ever be ''top raid dps''.
    Kataryna likes this.
  6. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Even other, non-warrior classes on a team knows better than this. Knowing what power-link alone looks like, and seeing it, is a signal to other classes to use their heaviest attacks and innate too. Power-link line snaps on? Time to spellsurge! Oh noes! Can't dodge out of telegraph, but look! Warrior just turned on defense grid! Hug the warrior! Look! Look! Warrior just used smackdown! Attack more because the target's damage resistance has been reduced!

It's true for every class.

See a pyrokinetic flame animation on a target? That esper probably had it tiered to give you lots of nommy buffs to your assault/support power! Look! The engineer just activated recursive matrix! Hug the engi! Oh! The stalker just used Bloodthirst! Attack more for lifesteal! Hey! I know that Medic's ability animation! Those are field probes! If I stand there, I'll get a healing boost and inflict wound on anything that follows me!

The player that uses only two abilities is the player who holds back everyone on the team.

It should not just be your goal to be number one in DPS. It should also be your goal to help boost everyone else's DPS. A character that invests in reducing damage resistance of a foe and increasing damage output of teammates will always contribute more damage to the team. It's not always about just what your personal numbers show.

Just like how in every raid there should be one character of each class that invests in the 'utility' side of their abilities. Such as an Esper with Tier 8 Haunt and Tier 8 Pyrokinetic flame is keeping that raid boss with a 24% magic damage resistance debuff, a -5% Support and Assault power while boosting everyone in range by 5% to their support and assault power.

Likewise multiple warriors on a raid can stagger their powerlink so that people on a raid have it available as much as possible. A melee team with two powerlink warriors, two amplification spike stalkers, and a medic? Yes please!
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  7. ImpaleExhale

ImpaleExhale New Cupcake

Your post only serves to assure everyone how little you've played Warrior and Stalker, OP. Or, in the best case scenario for you, reassures us how badly you've played them.