1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Warrior vs. Rogue aka Tank Fight

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Skean, May 4, 2013.

1. Aari

Aari Cupcake-About-Town

Well it depends, just because a skill is not telegraphed, it does not mean that I cant sitestep/backstep it. At least from my PoV coming from a full action combat like Tera, every attack can be dodged. Be it by simply walking away from it or using skills that make make to dodge siteways/backwards (Much like this game has).

That was meant more as an effort of a whole Raid/Group rather then 1 Person stunning a boss alone. That would definitly give them too many stuns and make them unbalanced :p
    Yea, the thing is, when I talk about evasion tanking, its for me active dodging by either using skills to get out of the Area/getting brief invulnability or simply walking away from it.
    But of course, your example works for evasion tanking as in having a "stat" that gives you a % chance to evade a hit that else would have hit you. I need to get used to thinking with these kind of stats again as they didn't exist for me in the past, almost 2 years. Sorry :(
  2. Neleh

Neleh New Cupcake

Having played a healer in too many MMO to admit, from a healers perspective a meatshield tank is much much much preferable to an avoidance tank. The main reason being that you can roughly predict the damage intake of a meatshield tank, which in turn allows you to heal other group members instead, and not keep the tank 100% topped all the time. I much prefer taking a predictable tank that I might have to heal a bit more over an unpredictable one that takes less healing. Allows me to use more effective healing abilities, instead of getting a heartburn from the avoidance tank taking a pasting from getting hit twice in a row, after which I'll be forced to spam heal, and tank my resource bar.
  3. Mierelle

Mierelle Cupcake-About-Town

I agree with you, but if you take TBC raiding for example you had warriors and paladins who relied on armor and block while druids relied on armor and dodge. The difference were there but not to drastic.
    If Wildstar goes with Shield + Armor / Shield + Dodge tanks, hopefully they balance them in such way that you feel like you playing two different types of tanking without the healthbar having to show it.
  4. Neleh

Neleh New Cupcake

True, but there the druids also had the added benefit of higher armour and health. So while warriors ended up taking less spiky damage and probably less damage overall thanks to block, parry and cooldowns, it was countered by the fact that druids had a big enough buffer of health and armor to extend that health, that even if they were spiked, they'd still be out of the "danger zone". In essence, while they were the avoidance tanks, they were so meaty that spikes became somewhat irrelevant.
  5. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

'White damage' is present on leveling trash/elites it's going to be present on raid bosses.
    Aari likes this.
  6. Aari

Aari Cupcake-About-Town

Ah ok, good to know, thanks. Even tho it makes me kinda sad tho ^^