1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Weapons !!!!

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Flawz, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

there is an auto attack, recently added.. but its manual in a way so its more of a filler attack. but ya 1 main weapon per class.
  2. Calsic

Calsic Cupcake-About-Town

Sounds OP to me.
  3. Sneakybuffalo

Sneakybuffalo Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, that's not an auto-attack, that's a basic attack.
  4. Deadite

Deadite New Cupcake

I love pretty much everything about Wildstar but I wish they would allow a few choices for each class, I want to play stalker but not really big into fist/claw weapons... I would have preferred to be able to have a few choices for each class.

It's not just the cosmetic side I mean different weapons would allow for a lot more variety of playstyle. I assume given the setting there will be a 2H gun wielding class (rifles or the like) so there would be a big difference between using a shotgun or a rocket launcher. Then you could have an extra ability choice or 2 based on the weapon too. Not saying your entire build should be dictated by weapon style like in GW2 but still it would be very cool.

If not that then perhaps they could include tech axes for an alternative to tech swords for example and similar for other classes. Purely cosmetic difference with similar stats but again variety is key. Players want to feel unique in MMOs even if they never really are.
  5. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Stalker examples we've seen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stalkerclaws.jpg

And that's just a handfull of various stalker claw looks I've been able to find in just 2 minutes of searching google.

I think players are gonna be able to feel unique. ;) But just for kicks, google "WildStar Warrior" or "WildStar Swords" and count how many unique models you see. :D
  6. Deadite

Deadite New Cupcake

I'm not disputing the variety of the artwork, it's amazing and the art team has done a wonderful job. But what if say I was a warrior who likes to smash things with a huge hammer? Seems like it would fit perfectly in the universe, and a shame not to be able to.
  7. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

But if they gave Warriors a skin that looked like a huge hammer, not all the sword swinging skills would look right. So then they might have to go in and animate each race (male and female separately) for every single warrior ability in game to use a hammer.

And if they did all that work, wouldn't people then complain "How come warriors get a second weapon with animations and our classes don't?"

It can lead to more work than they have time to do. ^^

So, usually in games that allow different weapons you have a trade off in combat animations. WoW for example constantly reuses animations so it often doesn't matter what you are fighting with, you still swing whatever it is around the same way.

GW2 went the route of different weapons having different animations, but then had to severely limit the amount of animations used and also the abilities. Guardians and Warriors for example had the exact same animations on the large hammer for some of their skills, and there wasn't very much variey in the combat animations anyway.

It's always going to be a trade off. If you would prefer to have different weapons for each class, you have to give up the cool and unique animations WildStar has for all it's abilities in some way. Frankly, I'm glad they went the route they did and adore the crisp and varied animations we get for each class and race and gender with a single weapon system. But it's always down to personal taste, I suppose.
    Rumze and Fate Flyer like this.
  8. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

Wait, does that stalker have MOLTEN CHAINSAWS strapped to his forearms?!?!

LISTEN UP YOU PRIMITIVE SCREWHEADS!!!
    Zero713 likes this.
  9. Zero713

Zero713 Cupcake

I am in favor of 1 weapon per class. The weapon should be an iconic piece of the character/class, and having more than 1 main weapon takes away from that. It helps create a complete silhouette.
    Malorak likes this.
  10. Danny Nielsen

Danny Nielsen Cupcake

I have no problem with 1 weapon per class.

Skills like backstab usually require a dagger, but your roque are using a sword atm, cause it was better than the dagger you had, but now you can't use all your skills. The 1 weapon per class neutralizes that + a warrior will never lose a sword in a roll to a roque/stalker again.
  11. kikisrags

kikisrags New Cupcake

1 weapon per class sounds fantastic, especially with the ability to customize the look of it, you are always going to find a new skin you fall in love with, so exciting. No more gear clones everywhere.
  12. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

<Mod Face> Dat Necro. Please find a more recent thread, or create your own :D. Thread Locked. </Mod Face>
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.