1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Weapons

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Dongabhana, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

Considering that warriors swing swords like battle axes I can't see why it would be an issue besides some art changes.

lets hope it works out
    Witless likes this.
  2. Dongabhana

Dongabhana New Cupcake

And still, there are some people out there, who doesnt focus on the weapons that gives you advantages or whatever. We are some, and you can call us roleplayers or whatever you like, who wants to have the freedom to choose their own weapons... Who knows that they'll not do high damage with a certain weapon, but who loves the way their character looks.
    So please, dont think that you know how every gamer wants their character to work and look. This is not a "irrational complaint" - this is my opinion.
  3. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Yeah, but there aren't very many of you. this is one of those times that you have to take the hit when you make a game that is built for a wide audience.

I'm sorry, but it is irrational. Attempting to hide it behind "opinion" proves it. You know that it does not make any sense but are trying to justify it anyway.
  4. Dongabhana

Dongabhana New Cupcake

You and me are never going to agree on this matter, so lets just end it here.
  5. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> I believe it is a good idea that when one side of an argument says "Let's end this here" to actually let it end there than continue on the downward spiral. Let's keep out the mudflinging and off-topic bickering, shall we? </Mod Monocle>
    Dongabhana and Kataryna like this.
  6. Arsonist

Arsonist Cupcake

they got 6 months to think it over
  7. Blue Tunic Man

Blue Tunic Man Cupcake-About-Town

Are you asking for this from a cosmetic standpoint? Would it make a difference if you got a greataxe that does exactly the same thing as a sword? From a mechanics perspective, even, you'd probably be tied a certain weapon due to whatever talent-esque thing they roll out so that'd be a no-go on shield and pistol if you wanted to be say... a warrior bringing in the DPS.

EDIT: So I admit I was quick to reply and didn't read through this forum entirely. Seems like you are asking them for simply cosmetics. So, yeah, I get you OP. With a bit of patience I'm sure they'll add in some snazzy new looks!
  8. Jicmonster

Jicmonster Cupcake-About-Town

Honestly don't think they have enough time to overhaul the class systems again like this within their time frame. They are working furiously on a lot of other systems/content as well. Attempting to make a 3rd and sweeping round of changes to classes would set the game back. So, totally separate from the pros or cons of multi-weapon options for classes, I'd say there's little to no chance of seeing a change in classes weapon options at launch.

*the fact that we have the re-release for the classes at this point makes me feel like classes are, generally, where they want them. It is beta and the nuances of the various skills could change but I wouldn't expect any such extreme overhauls.
    Livnthedream, Dongabhana and Sonntam like this.
  9. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I play a rogue in wow this doesn't really bother me in the least....

I don't see how one weapon type bothers people even for roleplaying a warrior holding a 2h sword fits idk.
  10. ReapRHTB

ReapRHTB New Cupcake

So i was thinking about only one weapon per class and watching a video of someone doing a dungeon and i came to this. I main tanks preferably Warrior type classes they fit me well not giving a <REDACTED> running in yelling YOLO and being the best. HERE is the thing i LOVE having a shield and HUGEEE armor so i just look like a badass and i feel in this game they have no shield and it makes me sad :( I don't like the whole two hand sword tanking thing i prefer to block! Any news on a shieldclass that we can see?
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

No shield class is comming.

Warrior is closest to that. All classes have a ''shield'' (the blue bar), and warriors have abilities that gives them a temporarely plasma shield (during the ability).

Also go use the ''search'' button...for this is one of those subject that has the most threads about it...
    Sonntam likes this.
  12. ReapRHTB

ReapRHTB New Cupcake

I really hope they make a class that uses a shield. Or tanking won't really feel like tanking... just hold aggro.
  13. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

<Mod Face> Merged thread. Let's use that search function people! - Or just look at the first page of the General Forum in this case.</Mod Face>
    Livnthedream likes this.
  14. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

You've obviously never played as a Feral/guardian Druid, Brewmaster Monk, or Blood Death Knight in WoW then. Actually, you can go back even farther than that. There have always been tank classes that don't use a shield and they have always been as viable as those with shields. If it's a personal preference thing, I understand. But to say that the only thing to do if a tank doesn't have a board on its arm is "just hold aggro" then you are sorely mistaken.
    Dongabhana likes this.
  15. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

Fantasy vs Sci Fi

You do have a shield like previous posters have stated. It's just not a physical object on your arm. (Thank god)

Feral Druid, Death Knight, Bounty Hunter just to name a few don't have shields and were also tanks.
  16. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

I don't understand why Warriors can only use big swords. Why not big hammers and axes? Requires the exact same animations.
  17. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

It still require different sounds + hit/swing animations + weapon animations etc.

Don't expect people having a cut when you hammer them down, but instead expect them to be squished.

Swords will have a more ''cut'' like animation. They wouldn't share the exact animations...that would be bad design anyway.
  18. Avenged

Avenged Cupcake-About-Town

If they did not properly animate them all people would probably complain even more. For instance having a PSI ability that does not have the animation for a specific weapon model etc. Though at this point I agree with what a lot of people have been saying here. The devs have already said there are no plans for multiple weapon types at launch. It is kind of one of those things that people are venting about that will not change.
  19. nra

nra Cupcake

Finally.. an explanation..
    Reading two merged threads from the top-down made me think you all had
    stuffed yer mouths full on schrooms.
  20. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

I don't see why they wouldn't share the same animations. Your sword won't actually cut someone in half...you know that right? It's just damage. Your weapon makes contact, there's a little flash and numbers pop on the screen. Exact same animations work for both.
    Witless likes this.