1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Weapons

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Dongabhana, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

If only you knew what those mods do in their spare time....:rolleyes: Trust me on this one...You are close!
    Good luck making a decent game if you think so :D
  2. Jicmonster

Jicmonster Cupcake-About-Town

Games are at liberty to define classes however they chose and, in WS, part of what defines a class is its weapon. On both re-launched class pages the weapon is one of the first things you encounter as you scroll down the page. The Warrior uses a sword cause it is part of how he do and part of how they choose to define what the Warrior is within the context of their game.
  3. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

I'd prefer they never add such a feature. Certain classes would benefit from it far more than others, as it stands the art for Spellslinger weapons and Medic weapons they are going to have to be careful trying to keep them distinct. Can't really let Spellslingers have rifles without stepping on the toes of Engineers and vice versa. Espers have all those spell effects that generate copies of a generic version of their weapon. Seems like only warriors and stalkers would really benefit from it anyway.....

What about new classes?
    Seems like saving new weapon types so potential new classes could have distinct signature weapons is a far better idea than adding a superflous new weapon option for an existing class requiring a whole bunch of new animations for each race that can be said class. It's going to be more than enough work just adding new animations to existing races for new classes. Not to mention all the new art assets for that weapon for throughout the level range. All for what would be nothing more than a cosmetic difference.....

What about new races?
    With unique weapon animations for each race/class combo as above it's going to be fair amount of work just adding new animations for each class a new race has access to.

All to make a relatively small number of people feel like extra special snowflakes.....
  4. Dongabhana

Dongabhana New Cupcake

We haz stuffed our headz wit shroomz! Now lets talk about the Unicorn raid in WS - I heard it would be possible to to use baguettets and sloths as weapons? :)
  5. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Exactica...come on man, really?

So AC, AO, EQ, WoW, LotRO, EQ2, FFXI, GW2 etc. etc., are not decent games?

I'm sorry, the reasons Carbine gave for this suck! It's their game they can, and are, doing what they want, but their reasoning for one weapon type that they have given has always been <REDACTED>.

But, as I said earlier, it is what it is and we just got to accept it. I'll still <REDACTED>, though. :cool: