1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What Add-ons Do You Use?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Zap-Robo, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

After my tweet this morning, I realised I have a LOT of addons - well in excess of 20 of them infact. And I thought that maybe a quick run down of my favourites and what I use them for might be in order!

The Top 5
    #1 ActionSetProfiles
    I'm worried that I'll have to replace this some day, but for now it's my go to Action Set builder - enabling me to have multiple builds per AMP set. I have builds for PvP Tanking, PvE Tanking, PvE Soloing, etc.

#2 SteadyPlates
    I've not been a fan of the full nameplate replacements like BijiPlates but this adds a few tweaks (like clear aggro indicators, and inline IA) to the default nameplates that I adore.

#3 JunkIt
    One-click junk selling at vendors. Accept no substitutes! Also, auto repairs and selling if you like that sort of thing (and I do!).

#4 AuraMastery
    A very powerful tool that I'm under utilising for now, it enables you to track abilities, buffs and debuffs to display onscreen notifications. Once I get up a few more levels I'll be creating notifications on my Engie that advise me when to use abilities when my Volatility is in a specific range, etc.

#5 Clairvoyance
    Before I got this, some status effects were hard to notice (like Roots and Snares) - now I get a handy popup that advises me what effect I'm under (and has a reminder of what the breakout mechanic for it is). It also, with a quick few key presses, will decipher Disorient for you!

The Key Players
    AMPFinder
    This is a nice mod for the standard AMP Builder, that tells you where you can acquire the AMP, and updates tooltips of AMPS in vendors so you don't buy duplicates.

ETooltip
    A nice little tooltip mod, this more accurately advises you what the stat changes on gear will do you you - track loss and gain of milestones as well as the raw attributes. Has an item level built in too, but not what I got it for.

IconLoot
    I love IconLoot - it just makes loot drops look better, and gives better notification of anything special!

InfoPlates
    A new one to my roster, I got this to highlight the classes of hostile players and to moire visibly tag Prime mobs.

Interruptor
    A very nice enemy castbar that only appears during interruptible casts, and has a tracker for remaining IA.

PathAbilityPicker
    A new one for me, but this modifies your path ability selection to act like your Potion, Mount or Teleport options - no need to go into a full action set builder to switch around.

PieMenu
    I have this for the PvP functions - with a couple of keypreses I can call out objectives and suggestions in battlegrounds.

TrackMaster
    Not an addon I use to any great degree, as I hate the lines it draws everywhere, except...

TrackMaster: Subdue
    ... when it's a line showing me where my weapon is when I get subdued. The only reason I have TM installed!

Translator
    It feels like cheating, but since I don't see why cross-faction chat isn't a thing by default, I'm glad the author threw this out so I can see when I'm being trash talked :)

The Rest
    AutoInviter, BotZapper, CheatSimon, ColorPicker, CommodityStats, LocalTime, MagicMail, NoisyQ, StanceS, TapThat, ThreatMeter, XPS
  2. Krissy

Krissy New Cupcake

Thank you! You're the best :)
    I've been thinking about AuraMastery for awhile, but taking the time to set it up is a deterrent. I know it has exactly what I'm looking for though, so I guess I'll get to installing here any day now!
  3. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

Great list. Lot of familiar names on there. Haven't tried Clairvoyance, but I'm going to have to check that out, just for the clearer indication of roots.

AruaMastery is probably my favorite of the bunch. It takes some learning, but just like it's cousins from WoW, once you get the hang of it you can do so much with it.

https://github.com/James226/aura-mastery/wiki/CodeCopy
    That site has a lot of basic auras for all classes you can copy in that make for a great place to get started from. Both in terms of having some stuff you'll want to know on screen, and also as a place to look to see how different types of auras are made.
  4. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Iconloot is great, I agree it's a much better display of what drops. I'll have to take a look at Steadyplates, I didn't care for the look of Bijiplates.
    On a side note, it looks like you may have deleted that guys thread on making Plat in 20 minutes, I looked at the video and it was legit, just showed you a path to gather mats and then he vendored everything at the end for 98g, so it wasn't spam or a hacker, just a video. ;)
  5. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Not deleted, just requested it was posted to the Media library instead.
  6. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Group Radar. small, non-obtrusive arrows point to the other members of your party and gives a distance to their location. Great for open world groups or or that Grave-yard run to catch back up in PvE content.
  7. calebrus

calebrus Cupcake-About-Town

8. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

I am a fan of SlingDing too. Haven't seen it listed yet. Dasher is pretty great for Engineers too.
  9. calebrus

calebrus Cupcake-About-Town

I still prefer GotHUD.
    Between that and Puffin's CD timer, my character has health & shields on the left, CD timer below, and class resource, sprint meter & dash on the right, which ends up looking like: ((___))) around him, keeping me informed of everything I want/need to know in peripheral vision rather than having to look somewhere else on the screen for the info.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  10. Livnthedream

I have tried the icehud and variants since it first came out years ago and I just don't like it. something about it bugs me. I am looking forward to Vikinghud to get properly updated so I can give it a go, and currently I like some parts of PotatoUI but dislike others. Currently just using vanilla until I can settle on a solution that fits me needs/wants.
  11. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I thought one of the youtube videos ( Fevir? ) said it was still working, Vikinghud is the one I wanted to try out too, so is it not working or what's up with it?
  12. Livnthedream

From what I have heard its "working" but there are quite a few things that aren't supported yet, like housing stuff throws errors left and right.
  13. cfStatic

cfStatic New Cupcake

I use Vikinghug UI as a complete UI overhaul. I love this thing! Definitely worth a look!
    edit-- I haven't been getting errors on the housing plot with this. You guys sure it's not a conflict with another add-on that you have?

Ayth Quest - I still like this one over TrackMaster.
    AMP Finder
    Athena
    BetterQuestLog
    CheatSimon
    ColorPicker
    CustomFoV
    DyePreview
    - This thing is AWESOME. Don't have a dye? Want to know what X Dye looks like? You can preview all the dyes and what they look like so you can decide if you want to go hunting for it (and sometimes spend an asinine amount of money to dye your stuff).
    GalaxyLibrary
    GalaxyMeter
    Interruptor
    ItemPreviewImproved
    - Makes it so you can preview multiple items at once, all the different classes of armor, and preview from the AH.
    JunkIt
    LocalTime
    MailHelper
    - 'Take All' funcationality, and will auto delete AH mails afterwards.
    NavMate
    SCastBar
    Scrappy
    StalkerResourceSystem
    TapThat
    ZenRadar
  14. Livnthedream

You realize the post you quoted is a month and a half old right? From when it was very, very alpha. I checked it out after this last update, and its certainly better, but still not quite there yet for me. I really cannot stand its aesthetic. Also, you are using mods that you don't need to, like Cheat Simon (Tapthat does what Cheat Simon does and more) and Aythquest (Zenrader fills a very similar role, and better imo). I would also add Guildpixies to your list, its rather fantastic.
  15. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I've been using:

PDA: A roleplay addon.

Killroy: formats chat to make it easier to read. Another roleplay addon. It also translates cross-faction chat.

The Visitor: Type in a player name and transfer to their housing plot without random searching! So long as you have access to that plot or it's public.

ItemPreviewImproved: Great for seeing how an item looks without buying it or putting it on!

Galaxy Library: Hasn't been updated in a while for me. But it's fun to sift through it.

CheatSimon: I was never good at the game when I was little! Plus the little flashing lights are never in time with my music.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014