1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What are the add-ons you just can't live without?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Dragnog, Apr 15, 2013.

1. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

I also like Auctioneer.
    Not only because it can make my life easier with easily importing auctions but also because i can track for example in inscription what herbs mills to what.

Also i think there is an option to check historic prices for an item.

But considering i am the worst player in making money i will not install such an addon cause one way or an other i will not have money:p
    Teehk likes this.
  2. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

Sell all gray items.
  3. Zybak

Zybak Cupcake-About-Town

Gladius for Arenas, that was it really :p

Hopefully Wildstar will implement popular mods into the Default UI faster than Blizzard did (I'M LOOKING AT YOU CAST BAR AND FOCUS FRAMES!@!@!@!@!)
  4. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

That addons suits pretty nice with Auto-Repair also.
  5. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

What I can't live without depends on the game. In Wow, I need my DBM, auctionator (or whatever I'm liking best at the time), arkinvintory, and razor naga bar addon. I have lots of others that help me out, but those are the ones I need the most. Plus I was starting to get dependent on weak auras.

Now if I'm going to need any of those or something similar in Wildstar, is going to depend on how they set it up. Could be I'll have all the alerts I need in game and not need weak auras. I'll probably jones for something like arkinvintory quickly, love how it sorts my bags for me. Who knows how boss fights will be set up, DBM might not be needed at all, or could be more important than it is in WoW. I know I'm going to need something like auctionator, damn useful addon.

With a thread like this, has there been official word on addons for Wildstar? Or are we just being hopeful they'll be allowed? And yes I did search the forums, my google-fu sucks >_>
  6. Menchi

Menchi Cupcake-About-Town

There's no such thing as a mod/addon I can't live without. However, addons like DBM I would LOVE to live without. Abolish those terrible things.
    Tiberius likes this.
  7. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

id say bartender, but well .. not much of a need to customize hotkey layouts with 10-12 abilities.
  8. Zakis

Zakis New Cupcake

Im not usually a fan of most mods because of where some of them lead in terms of community effects, etc. I would have to say though anything that gives me the ability to customize my UI and free up more screen space to enjoy, is something that I really love.
    Tiberius likes this.
  9. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

If the in-game UI does not have some of the features we've come to expect, those for example present in Auctioneer, then I'd want an add-on to fulfill that role.

If I'm a healer, I'll want to see how I'm going to do my job. I know they want to remove the "whack-a-mole" aspect of healing, but they've also stated that there are direct heals. That being the case, I would like an add-on similar to Clique, one that lets me bind abilities to keyboard+mouse button combos.
  10. Psychosoma

Psychosoma New Cupcake

I play with a *ton* of addons in WoW, but there aren't all that many that I'd describe as absolutely required. And of those that I do, most are probably built into Wildstar's base UI.

Better bag management (ArkInventory) is a must in WoW because the default bag system is absolutely horrible. OmniCC shows numeric durations for your cooldowns, which are much easier to quickly parse than the circular "pie" thing. Better raid frames for healing (I use ElvUI's) are another big one, the default Blizzard frames are ugly and not as good at imparting information. Though, since heals will be aimed in this game I suspect good nameplates/floating health bars will be more important than staring at raid frames.

Other than those three, I *could* play with the stock UI just fine. But I don't, because I like tinkering with addons and modding in general. I wrote lots of small addons for WoW and I look forward to playing with Carbine's Houston when Wildstar ships.
  11. Noa

Noa Cupcake

Hmm.. a sell junk button would be wonderful. Hmm.. I'd also like something along the lines of a mapping of various nodes on whatever continent of Nexus I am on.
  12. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

What point is there in having a DBM mod when all the moves are telegraphed anyway? I mean it's basically the same thing.
  13. TMc51

TMc51 New Cupcake

There are only a couple "must have" addons for me.

One is a highly configurable set of unit frames, such as oUF. I don't mind having to manually set them up through the lua files, and in fact, prefer it that way whenever possible.

Another is pretty lightweight and minimal action bars, also set up via lua as oUF layouts are. I also like a way to skin said action bars. In WoW, I had monoActionBars, and Masque/BlizzFacade, or rActionBarStyler and rActionButtonStyler.

Next, and pretty much the last of what I consider a "must have" is something such as ncHoverBind to make button binding quicker, easier, and more convenient. I actually enjoy how Rift has this same functionality built in without the need of any addon.
  14. Level9Zubat

Level9Zubat Cupcake

As long as they never implement a "Gear Score" type mod, I can live without everything.

Though, I am fond of being able to customize the UI, or break down stat numbers into raw data when you view the item (24 Strength = 12.3 attack power type mods).
  15. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

GS gets a bad rap and in some cases rightfully so. However gear will still have BSTs (which is essentially the same thing) so all it means is a person will just have to take 20 seconds the manually inspect you rather then GS doing it for them.
  16. Level9Zubat

Level9Zubat Cupcake

That's fine, I just hate people using GearScore type mods to judge if you're qualified for something.
  17. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

Timers is the biggest part of DBM. Knowing an attack is 5 seconds away and seeing it on the ground are two different things.

He just said they can do that automatically in game...so that's fine but an addon isn't? Fact of the matter is, there will always be something like this. As long as there is gear that is better than others, there will always be people who will look at your gear and say if you're qualified for what they're doing.
  18. Lemming

Lemming Cupcake

I'd rather have someone with talent and <REDACTED> gear, then a geared turdburgler. One you can fix, one you're stuck with.
  19. greenbean242

greenbean242 New Cupcake

Well with wow I couldn't live without vuhdo and battleground targets, but with the telegraphing system I'm not sure how much vuhdo would come into play (have yet to see any in-depth healing from wildstar though). Battleground targets was great mainly for targeting, seeing who was in range, and who was being focused which may have some bearing in wildstar. I also used recount and bartender which weren't necessary but nice to have.
    Mods I would rather not see... Dbm and gladius, they take away from knowing the encounters, if you know the boss fights/classes you're playing against, there is no real need for them.
  20. Neurotic Cucpake

Neurotic Cucpake Cupcake-About-Town

The only one I can't live without in WoW is Dominos, and only because I like to see as much of the game as I can without having action bars splattered in the middle of the bloody screen. I use it to create a small, thing bar along the entire length of the bottom of my screen. No fancy graphics. No stacking bars. Just little more than a status bar big enough for me to keep track of the cooldowns.

The only other ones I use just give me control over the rest of the UI. Moving the minimap, improving the chat window, changing the fonts, etc.

The ones I can't stand are the ones that play the game for you. Healbot, Deadly Boss Mods, and their ilk.