1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What are the add-ons you just can't live without?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Dragnog, Apr 15, 2013.

1. greenbean242

greenbean242 New Cupcake

I'm not sure i would put healbot or any other variation (grid/clique, vuhdo) in with dbm or gladius type mods, they are mouse-over keybinding mods which also shows debuffs. It's comparable to a dps'er keybinding their spells and looking at what debuffs they have on a boss/mob/player. I'm quite sure that most mmos have implemented most of what these mods offer in their default ui raid frames by now.
  2. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

It's quite hard to think about trying to play World of Warcraft without any of the addons that I currently use. If I had to boil it all down though, I'd heavily invest in 4 add-on types specifically that have greatly affected my gameplay positively.

Auction addons. Specifically for me, an addon like Auctionator. One that just allows me to toss an item in and it'll throw it up at a competitive price. This allows me to still keep the Auction House as a source of revenue, without it feeling like work, even if it's at a reduced rate compared to those who do work at it.

Buff tracking addons like Raven. I just love creating buff and debuff notification bars and sticking them near the center of the screen (usually next to the player and target unit frames). It just makes short buffs and debuffs so much easier to reapply when I need to.

View port addons (I use Skinner for this). For me the lower third of my screen is so heavily clogged with frames and hotbars and other UI elements that I cannot see the game world in that portion of my screen. A view port allows me to "Letterbox" my view which does a few things; It does not take away any vertical real estate, it only 'squishes' it. My eye are not bad though so this isn't an issue. It actually adds horizontal real estate though allowing me to view more of the game world to my left or right.

Lastly, unit frames and name plates. I use two different addons for unit frames (X-perl for player/target frames and Vuhdo for the party/raid frames) but I only use Tidy Plates/Threat Plates for name plates. I use X-perl solely because I just want nice clean unit frames that have animated portraits. Vuhdo for raids probably needs no explanation, I use it for parties though because it made my life when I was a healer so much easier, so I decided to just use it 24/7. Tidy Plates makes name plates simple, clean and out of the way as a healer or DPS, with Threat Plates making them either small bold and green if I have threat or big bold and red if I don't (all as a tank of course).
  3. BigHawngry

BigHawngry New Cupcake

I was going to say OmniCC... but looks like all new games want things like that to come standard.

so all that's left for me it's...
    WoW: Deadly Boss Mods, & GladiatorlosSA.

All of the other games wouldn't allow me to use addons or didn't need them.
  4. Dasphunk

Dasphunk Cupcake

PallyPower, in the days where this was useful.
    greenbean242 likes this.
  5. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

auction house calculator .... love to be able to scan the entire auction house set my own undercut limit and then post without having to think about it :D
  6. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

Why of course BamMod! :D

It basically played a sound whenever you did a critical hit. :D It's awesome add-on! :D
    (And of course, carbonite, Omni-CC)
  7. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Bagnon hands down. I usually have items floating everywhere on my many alts and a full warehouse to boot. Absolutely loved bagnon. If there are some UI mods that are more user customizable I like to play around with them as well, though I'm not sure how useful that'll be in W* tbh.

Anything else I'd actually prefer to do myself. Don't particularly care about Omen or any other tracking mods.
  8. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

I can't really live without any addons I have. I tried to make very simple but informative UI in wow:
    [​IMG]

There is few more addons you don't see in use there, wich I can't live without like Quartz.

ps. That screenshot is from a fail normal try on Ji'kun on a day where three of our core raiders couldn't come :p
  9. Isil

Isil Cupcake

Only addon I would not want to play without is a damage/healing meter, being able to see improvement or lack thereof is a big deal to be, also being able as a raid leader to see peoples individual performances is a good tool to have.

Outside of that, the only addon I would really like to have, but is not 100 pct needed, is a threat meter, allowing your dps to go to the edge of the tanks capabilities. But also for the same reason as stated above, as a raid leader it is nice to know if your tanks aggro generation is not up to par with what is required to succeed.

Every other addon is fluff to me, fluff is a good thing mind you, I like fluff, but its not something I require.
  10. VinLaden

VinLaden New Cupcake

Tiny plates Threat plates. I HAD to have them in WoW.
  11. Sol

Sol Cupcake-About-Town

Recount -Damage meter and so much more!
    satrina buff frames - Organize, re-size & re-place buffs/debuffs
    debuff filter - Customize debuffs and buffs.
    Bartender - Action bar modifier.
    Shadowed unit frames - customize unit frames.
  12. Painguin

Painguin Cupcake

I need Spartan UI with Bartender 4, and auctioneer. I never liked the default UI of WoW, and I didn't know anything about my server's economy.
  13. Ark

Ark Cupcake-About-Town

Personally i USE:

Skada / Recount
    Quartz
    Weakauras
    Atlas
    Align
    DBM

thats about it. theres a few more but not alot. i used to use a lot more, like....a lot more, but got tired of rebuilding / adjusting my ui after avery patch. so now i keep it simple.

the ones i would REALLY like to see make a return?

DPS METER@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!
    Weakauras

that is all. so long as i have a dps meter similar to recount / skada and something to allow me to put custom visuals on the screen for proc based events, ill be happy.
  14. mysticjbyrd

mysticjbyrd Cupcake-About-Town

Dmg meter addon is an absolute must for any MMO. The ones without them aren't worth playing!
  15. celestria

celestria Cupcake

Last time I seriously played WoW was during TBC and I am a developer myself, so some things are quite old.

Chat customisation, Tabbed IM
    Bag organisers (Baggins)
    Cooldown/cast bars (Quartz)
    Boss mods

And a lot of raid leader stuff:
    Readycheck
    Raidquery: Is everyone buffed? Does everyone have pots/flasks up? Is everyone using resist gear?
    CT Raidtracker (kind of a raid history)
    Autoinvite (invite all guildies or invite someone when you get whispered "invite")
    Loot announce
    Class Master loot (Try finding player X in 8 tabbed groups - you will go crazy after two days)
  16. Darxeid

Darxeid New Cupcake

the addons i can't personally live w/o is Recount, Healbot (or some derivitive), atlasloot (so i can plot out gear aquisition), and bartender. I don't use many addons, but those are my priority.
  17. lelouch

lelouch Cupcake

Well was please to when play wow they add ons.
    like Zygor with out i wont be even leveling character there :)
  18. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

Agree with Auctioneer. Fast scan of historic high/low prices helped a lot. Granted they were only prices that I'd seen, but a scan of the AH once every day or so gave a pretty good picture.
  19. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

https://theunderminejournal.com/
  20. Kian

Kian New Cupcake

DonĀ“t forget ATLAS LOOT guys^^ Loved to watch loot before inis^^