1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What are you playing to pass the time?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Grimnar40k, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

*gushes nostalgia*
  2. Red24

Red24 New Cupcake

Mmm Ic thank you, cuz apparently I lost my Signature cuz I was using a human that was made by someone. Only reason I asked
  3. Reeve

Reeve Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, the early Fallout games were great. They enabled you to make so many choices on how your personal story was gonna go down. I think there are like 5 different ways you can find the route to Vault 13 in Fallout 2. There are whole cities you can destroy if you want to without preventing you from completing the game.

That was some seriously great world building and choice modeling.

I never played Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, since I can't stomach FPS games (I get motion sickness).
  4. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, I even remember Fallout 1 pre-patch where you only had a limited amount of days to complete the main quest in so there was always that sense of urgency in the back of your mind. played it multiple times not just for re-play value of different choices but also to see what I might have missed in previous playthroughs. Also the little things, like dying from radiation because you took too long beating the AI at chess :p

Fallout 3/NV isn't too bad. NV follows the canon more closely, but 3 has the more darker brooding story. 3 has a more linear storyline as you only have one goal throughout (although multiple options along the way as to how to achieve it), NV has the branching story with one of 3 different conflicting factions you can join and either wipe the others out (there's a few minor ones as well) or possibly get a truce. You can also mix and match the factions by doing a few quests each (only up to a point, directly attacking other factions usually causes you to be branded as an enemy) and even when you're about about a half-way down the path of the faction you chose you are given the option to change sides. Or you can just give them all the finger and go it alone (and optionally wipe the rest out).

Fallout 3 is more open though. From your starting point you can go into pretty much any direction from your starting point, whereas with NV you have to go into a certain general direction or else try and wade through deathclaw territory at level 1 :p
  5. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

Just downloaded the demo for the new version of Civ V, where they have, reportedly, corrected pretty much all the major problems that were in Civ V originally. They just released the updated game July 10, so I'm looking forward to trying it out.
    It's a 3 GB download and free from Steam.
  6. kirkyboy

kirkyboy New Cupcake

Dusted off the old Snes and blasting some Zelda / Mario world, also torchlight 2 cancelled my previous sub's.
    Also got the N64 out ready for the weekend with goldeneye, bunch a mates and a load of beer!;)
    Mellkor likes this.
  7. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

Playing world of tanks (It's pretty decent if you can stand the grind). Playing Marvel: Avengers Alliance, which is a facebook game (decent if you can stand the grind). Also playing EVE... Which is another grind... Oh boy, I have a pretty good grind tolerance :S
  8. Zigzak

Zigzak New Cupcake

I've been playing another game which is in beta called SmashMuck Champions, it's a pvp game with small funny maps, etc. CaptureTheFlag, DOTA and CaptureAreaMode + a few others.
    It's a really fun game which you can play with your friends.
  9. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Die necrothread die!
  10. Blue Tunic Man

Blue Tunic Man Cupcake-About-Town

Oh well. We probably would've got angry at the guy for making his own thread when we clearly would've told him to use the search feature. For what? To just read some past responses?

Blood Bowl. Lots of it.
    Going to finally finish CK II (As in reach to the end year with that game.)
    Going to dedicate myself to finish XCOM Ironman classic mode without alt-tabbing once.
    Maybe re-sub to WoW after that just to RP or dust off my NWN box to see if there's still role-playing servers.
    Mellkor likes this.
  11. 0Lisa0

0Lisa0 New Cupcake

OMG I love love love that game - I've already played through it twice lol. You're right I'm almost tempted. Someone also mentioned Half Life though and I've only played that once. So maybe that....ack! What to play!
  12. Martini

Martini Cupcake

FFXIV, Neverwinter and SWTOR. :) Whatever I'm in the mood for. Mostly FFXIV though. Heh
  13. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

still playing Path of Exile, Hawken, Warframe and DOTA 2 also playing a little Starcraft 2 Arcade and Dragons Crown on the ps3 I also picked up Reus super cheap during the steam sale
  14. Livnthedream

There is like 9 other threads in various parts of the forum. :(
    Like 2 of which are even current!
  15. Tidezen

Tidezen Cupcake

But did the other ones mention VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE: BLOODLINES? Instant relevance. :D

Myself, I just finished the main quest in Skyrim. Played the Mass Effect series back in October. Fired up The Secret World last night to see if anything changed since I last tried it.
  16. Crazyblade

Crazyblade Cupcake

I'm playing WoW for god's sake. Kill me, kill me now...
  17. Livnthedream

If you aren't having fun then why are you playing it?
  18. TheDoctor

TheDoctor New Cupcake

Playing DOTA 2 everyday and Diablo3 whenever I feel the need to break from the matches. Only reason to play D3 now is to grind Paragon levels. Working on 3rd character to cap 100 paragon before the expansion comes out. The goal is to reach 100 with all my characters prior to RoS launch......
    Please please please WS launch sooner and release from this grinding nightmare!!! :cry:
  19. Livnthedream

For those that were "gushing nostalgia" at Fallout 2, it is currently free on GoG.com

Bnol likes this.
  20. CptElendi

CptElendi Cupcake-About-Town

I have been playing all the zelda that i have for the last 3 week ( gameboy,nintedo,64,gamecube,Wii) and league of legend from time to time ( the last big patch is horrible )
    Mellkor likes this.