1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What are your "almost" deal breakers?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Nexus Elites, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

why not just try it out on the 8-18th open beta? then if you don't like it still you can get a refund if you've already bought the game.
  2. Dawnstar

Dawnstar New Cupcake

The almost complete lack of a European RP community.

Seriously, where are they? I can't find more then one guild, just one!! And a handfull who are "Allround" guilds that include RP. I mainly play MMO's to be able to immerse myself in the story and world, so the total lack of a serious RP community is my almost deal breaker.

Something more of you can relate to, though: The bugs and instability. It's just not fun playing a game where so much of the content is bugged to the point of being broken.
  3. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

I agree with you here in terms of the arkship tutorials. While it is nice to experience the scale of the arkship it would have been better to have a much smaller room and a much more focused early tutorial set in the same location instead of having to find a bunch of different locations and NPCs all while trying to learn new mechanics, especially those not following Wildstar or new to MMORPGs.

I think the planet side starter areas are a good size, and are fairly straightforward, introducing you to how layered content works in Wildstar along with your path, although maybe I missed it but I would like some callout to the differentiation between Quests and Tasks (e.g. Blue boxes around the Exclamation point).
    Fishsticks likes this.
  4. Benevon

Benevon Cupcake-About-Town

It really doesn't take that long to get to 10. You just need to bite the bullet and get up there to feel the game out. Trust me, the mobs begin to get more difficult as you progress and they have added extra hard mobs throughout the questing areas.

But honestly, if you have so little patience to get past level 5 then there may be other issues that you may not realise, or are simply not expressing, about the game itself. In which case, you won't enjoy later in the game either.
    Kataryna likes this.
  5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

There ARE Blue Brackets around the Main Quests Questmarks {!} like that
    Livnthedream likes this.
  6. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

It's entirely possible. But I want to give WS a good try as there is no new mmo on the horizon for a while. Only other games I will play are new Elite, new Alpha Centrauri and Witcher 3. But they are not MMOs. So I will get at least Granok/warrior and Chua Engineer to lvl 50 before I decide what next.
  7. Gronky

I just may. Thanks
    Kataryna likes this.
  8. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I know that they exist and what they mean, but I wish it was explained in the tutorial or the first starter zone, because it honestly took me a while to realize the difference in quest-givers (I thought all exclamation points were equal at first) and the knowledge improved my experience alternating between doing and skipping tasks every other quest zone. But maybe it was and I missed it.
  9. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

As did I, but that whole "pay attention" thing quickly showed me otherwise through quests vs tasks.
  10. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, that pay attention thing does allow you to notice a lot of things. Certainly, it is a nitpick to want the division described to the player. I think it was just the in-grained finish every quest in this area mentality learned from other games that needed to be broken, and really only experience is going to do it.
  11. Livnthedream

Yep. As I have said before, the vast majority of gripes can be chalked up to expectations set from other games rather than taking Wildstar as it is. This is a large part of why I have gotten into so many fights with users over things like Eso when I declare them fundamentally broken. They can't get over their like of a thing to understand what I am saying. Though I must admit that keeping it short and to the point makes me gloss over some things and make it harder to understand. I really don't see any alternative though because otherwise all of my posts will start resembling Falion's. :)
  12. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

I still lament over the LAS having 8 skills. I can't get over the idea that it's less about customization and more about lazy class design, but that has been debated to death. I'll simply try my best to get over it. I love almost everything else about the game except the damn LAS. Give me 2-4 more ability slots and I'd be a very happy person.
  13. Livnthedream

I disagree with that feeling. I feel like we have 1-2 too many.
    Gronky likes this.
  14. Gronky

Ok, I gave WS another try today with Chua engineer and I didn't concentrate on reading quests and such but just went quickly from quest to quest trying to fight as much as possible. I only went through the arkship for now but I already had much more fun then before. It is mostly to being less confused this time and because I know how to use my orbweaver well now. Tomorrow I will try esper and choose class I want to level to 30 on weekend. I'm starting to enjoy the game.

Saying that I would rather have Carbine implement lore in the way it was done in Diablo 3 were you just pick the book and it is read for you aloud while you do other things in the meantime. I also wish all main quests to be read aloud. But I suppose it is not that important.
  15. Gronky

I do well with 8 actions in LAS but I wish we had only 6.
  16. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Six might be the ones that we use the most. I guess when you think about it you don't really need more than that. Yet those other two abilities? They can be useful for situation powers. I've been playing around with temptest refuge this weekend and some of the teams I was on just wanted to try different things with it.

Once we had one person at each of the side gates with two grunts each and 3 in the middle with the other. My 7th and 8th ability was usually mending banner and reverie. Just to help keep up our Exile grunts at a gates.

So, 7th and 8th I guess are more like fun slots to switch out with what you might want to try at the time.
  17. Livnthedream

That is because you haven't gotten into tiering much yet. Most of my gripe stems from only generally taking ~3 of your dps abilities and filling in the other 5 slots with your utility abilities, which really don't change all that often. I have yet to find a point in any role where removing stun from your bar is a good idea for example.
    Extatica likes this.
  18. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

Well, the game is great and I love pretty much every aspect of Wildstar, I can't really fault it.
    But a few months back when I finally got hold of a bunch of beta keys for me and my friends, none of them seemed interested. Played it by myself anyway and it just felt boring running around alone, so I sort of lost all of the hype that had been building up for the past year. Now that the game entered open beta my friends are suddenly coming out of the woodwork though, all my DotA buddies and IRL friends, even my old Planetside outfit. So now I'm back to being overly excited, since I know I will have lots of friends to play with, but for a moment there I was worried that I'd be alone so I was very close to not getting the game despite of how great I think it is.
  19. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Absolutely. Having more stuns is always better.
  20. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

It's intentional considering how important getting moments of opportunity are in just normal questing, dungeons, adventures, raids etc.