1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

what can Wildstar learn from Guild Wars 2?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by salluks, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Ohoni

Ohoni Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, thank God. Keep those WoW raider types well out of here! ;)
  2. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

Well, I'm happy playing other MMO's and I'm also going to be playing Wildstar MWAHAHAHAHA!
  3. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

It may not be aimed at them, but it sure does give them a new and viable option. I've been playing WoW, more or less happily, since late Vanilla. I left for a short stint with ToR, being more of a Sci-Fi fan than fantasy, which ended after three months. Up until now I've only toyed with new MMOs, but Wildstar might just usurp WoW from it's throne for me. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this game shakes out, and am looking forward to playing something new that isn't a freaking medieval fantasy MMO for once.
  4. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Don't promise things when you won't be able to deliver them.
    Don't make claims that you will have to retract in 6 months time.
    Don't rush it to be released when it's obviously not ready
    CaRaDaGaiTa likes this.
  5. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

Yep, yep! JG said, in his latest interview, that WS is aimed at the jaded/cynical former MMO players and newbies. Quite a challenging thing to appeal to both.
  6. UKcheese

UKcheese Cupcake

Server guesting should be used in WildStar in my opinion. I want to be able to play with my friends that are on other servers. The gw2 guesting system should not be copied completely though, taking the idea and using it in a better way is wiser.
  7. Recode

Recode New Cupcake

From GW2, I liked that you could craft up to max level. I definitely would go through it a couple times via questing but for the rest of my alts, I'd want something like this in place. I thought the 1 auction house was alright and I also liked that resource nodes were individualized so you weren't fighting for nodes all the time.That's about it though.
  8. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

Wildstar, please don't suck!
  9. Chronometer

Chronometer New Cupcake

As long as I have tangible concrete stuff to do, and a clear way of always improving my character (stat progression) I am happy. This is why GW2 didn't end up scratching my itch. I played it for 7 months, but in the end, I would have a max level toon, all the skillpoints I could ever want, orange gear and very little to do. Stuff like the adventure box or whatever it was just fuelled my displeasure, mini games, to me, is not satisfying content. I was tremendously disappointed with the Guild Wars 2 post launch content, and as a result, my whole guild eventually just stopped logging in.
    Catrike likes this.
  10. Catrike

Catrike Cupcake-About-Town

Weapons as your skill set up, limit to spells and attacks..
    Instant Travel to the zones, no need for mounts. :(