1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What Carabine is waiting to announce de remaining races ?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by mge_br, Apr 19, 2013.

1. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

So, there is some information that makes no sense disclose at this point because its probably going to change during Beta (like skill, in game mechanics etc..), but what is the point in not disclosing the remaining races (and classes) since that is not gonna change anymore ( I am not a game developer , but I think is reasonable to assume that they have to have this define at this point ) ?

I just don’t get what Caribine has to gain by keeping this information secret ?
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

they're probably making a cool reveal video!
    Patrician and Mudfin like this.
  3. Verilyn

Verilyn Cupcake

I like to think of it this way,
    Carbine is Christmas and Wildstar news updates are the presents
    And we are the whiny, anxious little children who keep trying to peek.
    Flannan, Calsic, Zee and 3 others like this.
  4. Críostóir

Críostóir Cupcake-About-Town

As much as I want to see all the Chua information released, I completely understand that Carbine wants to do it when they're good and ready, and on their terms. It's not that Carbine is "gaining" anything now, but what it does allow them to do is to wait until they're happy with the look, animations, and story behind the two remaining races.

Believe me, I can't wait to see what's in store for the final Dominion race... :)
    iiFrank and Sarah Orlando like this.
  5. Krakitoa

Krakitoa New Cupcake

Well its been said they're holding off on releasing information for publicity really. When the beta size starts increasing and the games launch is closer at hand this new information creates a big surge in web traffic.
    Blaquknite likes this.
  6. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

<REDACTED> !!!! that makes perfect sense....with means that they can months to reveal the space zombies !!! Damn you and your rational thinking!!!!
    Mudfin likes this.
  7. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

Hype, build up, maybe they're not done polishing some visual stuff.
  8. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

It's primarily hype buildup :).

The Carbine marketing team are one savvy bunch of know-wots!

As Jeremy Gaffney says in this video:
    So yeah. You have ALL THESE GOODIES you can reveal about the game, but if you reveal it all, say, a year before the game is released, then when the game is out, people will be like: "huh, what's Wildstar?" BUT, if you control the rate at which you reveal these goodies, and 'ration' your reveals to last you until release, then Wildstar stays fresh in peoples' minds. There's something new to get interested in all the way until release and then by the time release comes, you are bursting with excitement and are willing to throw all your money at the game! :D
    Kataryna, Wreck, moneda and 2 others like this.
  9. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

It's called foreplay :p, and judging by the steady fan base growth, it's working as intented :p
    Kethrym and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  10. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

I just hope they don't put us on a slow drip like Bioware did with SWTOR. Building hype is great but I don't want to wait til I'm bored with the game before they release another sentence for the lore page.
  11. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Definitely hype build-up. Just as people slightly look the other way BAM new race announced. It works quite well.
    Mudfin likes this.
  12. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

probably correct. They have reveal videos for everything. So one is probably in the works for each new thing.. which means they need videos for 2 races and 2 classes... 4 videos with commentary and ingame footage.
  13. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Or they'll include both of the races in one video, and could do the same thing with the classes. ;) So that'd be 2 videos. It all depends on what Carbine has planned! I do figure they'll reveal the races together, to keep that aspect balanced. Classes could each be done separately.
  14. mmimzie

mmimzie New Cupcake

They are waiting for my to get so excited, that it'll crush my soul when i find chua can't be a tanky character.
  15. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

it's not done. it's got less to do with whether it will change or not, but right now they would have (potentially) broken character animations and concept art. Instead they will wait until a expo (potentially) so they can reveal it and people can actually sit down and play it.

or as others have said they are sitting on it for publicity reasons.
  16. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

If that's the case, when is the next expo where this would likely happen?
  17. lickamouse

lickamouse New Cupcake

I'm hoping they go to San Diego Comic Con and reveal something there because I'll be there and finally get to meet them all and check stuff out!
  18. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

#1 Rule of Hype and Advertising

SLOOOOOOW build up. Have people frothing for it by the time it releases, get more and more releases of press data towards the end, so people get more and more frantic about it until you release it and they all but tear down the gamestop's front wall to get at it.

Nuhuh. No way. They're about 6 months from release. In games like this, you have your basic animations and similar for each race done and ready to go and above all PLAYABLE within the first two years in the behind the doors Q&A. Their animations are probably as complete as any of the other races. They probably need more polish, but only marginally.

My guess is it's a hype thing. And that's the smart decision to make :p
    Calsic and Mudfin like this.
  19. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Yep all about the hype.

If you pay attention to how they release, when they release and their designs on releasing info it is all done under their control. In other words they are trying to build it slowly. I believe they are a bit surprised at the amount of "viral" hype they have already gotten. They were appreciative of the amount, but were surprised by it too, in beta applicants.

I want all the info yesterday! But I understand wanting to control it so they can be ready to share it in their manner, which, if you haven't noticed, is very community friendly.:up:
  20. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

Well if they released it all at once, then we'd be SUPER Hyped for a while...

and then the furvor would die down as we waited...

and waited...

and waited...

and no new theories or ideas or talk, which would down on the hype machine, and then a bunch of people who were drawn in by the hype wander off, and then they forget the release date, and that's a lost initial sale (initial sales are CRITICAL... except for steam, steam's proven initial sales are worth <REDACTED> in the end by making nearly 500% total sales (across all platforms) for initial releases on games they've put on sale :S which seems to suggest that games are over priced, but that's off topic.)