1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WHAT COULD THIS MEAN?!

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by 5TiCK, May 16, 2013.

1. Makaify

Makaify New Cupcake

They will announce the Chua race, which has already been fan-"confirmed" to be the last unannounced race for the Dominion side.
  2. Haoli

Haoli Cupcake-About-Town

Closer examination of the large-form of the picture on the main website shows....

The bottom figure, marked #2 on the picture itself, is definitely holding a staff.

The top figure is much less distinct, and I couldn't say specifically what it is, but just judging from being able to confirm the staff, I'd say staff-class reveal is definitely likely.

If I had to guess, it almost looks like the top figure is swinging the staff---there's a picture of fire to the left of it, as well. Possibly the staff class is capable of manipulating the elements?

Link to the large form of the picture directly on the website. Copy image and paste into paint, use magnifier tool to view board.
    Khrusky likes this.
  3. Xorkrik

Xorkrik New Cupcake

[​IMG]

Bottom is looking like it's standing on a cliff and holding a flag to me. I agree with the fire on top but what it means I don't know.
    Xiones and Huffle Puff like this.
  4. Haoli

Haoli Cupcake-About-Town

Hmm. Could be a flag too. Kind of hard to tell.

Or we could all be effing crazy, and the devs are laughing.

Either way, we're having fun.
  5. Xiones

Xiones Cupcake

Not really. My I'm out on June 20. :p
  6. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I'm out but I'm also in college. This past week was finals week.

But woah, June 20th? That's LATE. I'll be several weeks into my summer class by then.
  7. Xiones

Xiones Cupcake

Yeah, to me it looks like a flag and I don't know about the top right, but what about the scope in the middle left? Am I the only one who sees a scope picture in a square?
  8. Teehk

Teehk Cupcake-About-Town

WOOO new class!
  9. Corruptdevil

Corruptdevil Cupcake

I think you guys are reading too much into the picture lol. But who am I to bud into your theorycrafting? :p
    Zepherion likes this.
  10. SpectreAPX

SpectreAPX New Cupcake

That sign pic shows the soldier (top right figure with gun and explosion/fire) and explorer paths (figure on cliff with flag) with text blurbs to the left of each. Not sure what the figure or icon in the center left is. So revealing the scientist path fits right in with the speculation offered by others.
    Mudfin likes this.
  11. Dekros

Dekros Cupcake

Im not sure if anyone has picked this up but on both the facebook and the official website, the caption of the picture Carbine says "A little something to look forward to." Chua = little, plus the small chairs as people have already stated.
  12. SteveDiggler24

SteveDiggler24 Cupcake-About-Town

Well, since my post citing evidence to support my argument of a Scientist path reveal I'm beginning to see things a little different with the latest information posted. Before I get into that, just because everyone knows the scientist path exists doesn't mean it's been explained. The official website has videos with detailed information on what's involved with path content, but only for the soldier & explorer paths.

I don't buy into the small figures on the red board being as important. It's not nearly clear enough to call it a staff/rifle unquestionably.

However, the small chairs is very interesting. Class Dismissed leads to a Race Reveal?

Going back to the discussion the community had about the layout of races on the website

Human ---------- Cassian

Granok ---------- Draken

Aurin ------------- <Redacted>

<Redacted>------ <Mechari>

I supported the theory that "mirrored" classes in design helps with faction balance. By this, I mean that each faction includes a humanoid class, otherwise the faction that has one gets overloaded with those looking to play the humanoid.

So Human/Cassian.. that's covered

Granok/Draken - Large model, Combat/War tested Race

Aurin/<Redacted> - Science Focus - Aurin in Nature, <Redacted> in Technology?

<Redacted>/Mechari - Robotic Race?

Little Chairs, Mirror of Aurin Race, Technology-Science Focus.. I buy it.
  13. Hephen

Hephen Cupcake

Ohhhh i see it now! It's actually a flag and the top guy is a man (you can tell by the look on,his face) with a telescope and if you turn your head 90 degrees to the left you can see a picture from the mars rover in the bottom left. CLEARLY Its going to be a full release on warplots
    Mudfin likes this.
  14. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

I'm not buying the small chairs argument, I'm looking at the picture right now and I think people are coming up with such an excuse because they are looking at the chair heights in relations to the female Mechari, which I think people are forgetting are probably much taller than your average female.

Also, I always felt the Draken had more in common with the Aurin (tails, animalistic qualities, ears/horns) than the Granok (just that they're both battle hungry).

Edit: and with that, I felt the Granok had more in common with Mechari.
    Mudfin, Azalus and Calsic like this.
  15. kiri

kiri Cupcake-About-Town

Somehow I really doubt they made new art assets just to hide in a promo poster as a teaser...
    But now that they know we're all totally insane and analyzing every pixel they'll probably stick goatse in the next one or something.
    Zepherion and Dualist like this.
  16. Cael

Cael New Cupcake

Schools out, which means a new batch of Scientists out in the field :)
  17. Xlugon Pyro

Maybe this explains how the draken and aurin are my favorite races. :p
  18. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

That solves nothing, you still have the problem of balancing one player controlling two units (including dodging) or an invincible unit. I'm thinking in terms of balancing around a telegraph system. Having a unit that can ignore the whole system is bad, but having it so that a player has to micromanage a unit in active dodging combat is equally bad.

Even on a leash the player could send a pet on another player and just run circles around while the pet autoattacks, or if the pet has no auto-attack, then the LAS will be split into pet/user abilities. If the pet's invincible, the obvious way to make it OP in PvP is to stack your LAS with pet abilities, and just run around your enemy while your pet attacks, or kite your enemy while your pet attacks. On the other hand if the pet's not invincible, and can't dodge, it means you can negate the whole class by just killing the pet, so the player will opt for no pet abilities on the LAS. If the player has to control the dodging and attacks from themselves and the pets, it means that the player then has a very complicated class to play, so naturally you improve their dps to balance the fact that the class is very hard to play. This is bad, because it means players will lean towards it, since it's undeniably the best dps (but probably not fun to play), so it's seen as you're forced to play a class that isn't fun. Otherwise if the damage isn't enough, no one plays the class because it's complicated and not worth playing due to the reduced output anyway.

This is what I mean by hard to balance, and inherent issues within the pet class as far as balance is concerned. There's no "easy" way to fix it, it's a lot of number crunching and wasted time iterating ideas which could pan out to nothing. It would be a bad idea for Carbine to do this since it's just going to always be a problem child. The only way it can be done is if pets are immobile, damage-able, and last for less than 20 seconds. This makes it challenging to place them, able to put out a burst damage with many limitations, but not a huge deal if you can't use the whole thing. If pets are mobile the max time they should exist would be 8 seconds.
  19. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Mechari are actually larger models than the Draken. 9 ft tall robot == huge. They're also pretty war-race-like... The only thing the Granok have in common with the Draken are the tribal aspects. Also, Rock-man is to metal-man as Aurin is to Draken. That said, the speculated class for the Dominion is still the Chua which are scientific evil-genius gremlins (basically).
  20. Xlugon Pyro

These "chua" sound like they'd be great appetizers.

They'll become the gnomes of Wildstar! Great for punting AND appetizers!