1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What do you think happened to the Eldan?? (Speculation)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by iiFrank, Apr 16, 2013.

1. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

I've read every single type of lore available for this game as i'm sure most of you have who are just as big a fan as i am. To be completely honest the best explanation i can come up with is that the Dominion had something to do with the disappearance of the Eldan. To me, It makes sense. If you read all race lore:

Human: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/races/human-exile.php

Granok: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/races/granok.php

Aurin: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/races/aurin.php

Draken: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/races/draken.php (Which Imo were just mind <REDACTED>ed into an alliance with the Dominion)

Mechaci: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/races/mechari.php (Kept in the dark about what reallly happened imo)

Unannounced Class#1: soon to come!

Unannounced Class#2: soon to come!

The Dominion have been everywhere trying to dictate or destroy anyone that didn't comply with their entitlement to leadership of all races. It seems they've been everywhere and if anything they have the most information about the Eldan, so what's to stop them from destroying the Eldan? If some how they found nexus before everyone realized it spawned (Because obviously they're constantly traveling looking for something to conquer) kept it confidential as far as an invasion, and are really just plotting something bigger? Maybe Bring every enemy to a certain isolated location to destroy everyone in a single swoop?

Final thoughts: Maybe the Dominion already have Eldan Magic/Weapons/Experiments that are being put on hold until everyone is together for a certain world event? Maybe the Dominion are going to puppeteer this event/gather/phenomenon?

Anyways.. just random thoughts that i wanted to share with everyone and hoped to get some comments/speculations and thoughts on what happened to the Eldan.

P.S I apologize for my writing. I'm not as good a writer as most people on this site are but I felt the need to share and wanted to have an open discussion with the gaming community I appreciate the most.

Thanks for reading.

~Frank
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  2. Elward

Elward Cupcake

I really don't think there's any chance at all that the Dominion could have killed off the Eldan. I mean if it weren't for the Eldan, the Dominion wouldn't even be a shadow of what it is now. Also if the Dominion had found Nexus before everyone else I'm sure they would have colonized it, because if anyone has any reason to find the Eldan, it's the Dominion.

Edit: Also, you're leaning towards Exiles aren't you? :p
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

If the Dominion had something to do with it, then the Dominion would know where the planet Nexus was from the beginning. The eldan Disappeared from Nexus, or so they say. But then again mayby they are in some kind of cryo chambers underneath the ground. Or mayby inside the purple moon? We can make so many speculations about this that i think we first need more Lore in order to come to a better conclusion.

But that's not true, instead the Exiles came across Nexus first.

Ofcourse we don't know the complete role of the Luminai, but i don't think they could cover up such an big feat.

I think we need to wait for the last 2 races lore first.
  4. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

So what're your saying is the Exiles killed the Eldan :D. I always knew the exiles were a bunch of genocidal evil maniacs.
    iiFrank likes this.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Also don't think it's so easy to figure it out.

This is kinda the main story of the whole game! If it would be so easy to figure out it wouldn't be the main story.
  6. iiFrank

I definitely agree with you there, but as i stated. Just speculation of what we currently have to work with.
  7. iiFrank

That's why we are discussion it! to try and put our minds together like a game of "Clue?" ;)
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Nope i think neither have something to do with the eldan (i edited my post).

They will figure out what happend, and probably will end up with the same problem but this time they can overcome it, and so eventually they have exceeded the Eldan.

But that's like after the 83th expansion of Carbine :D
  9. iiFrank

lol @ 83rd expansion. I still feel the Dominion know more then what they say.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'm part of the dominion but trust me you don't have the clearance level to acces those files.

So for now trust me if i say ''the dominion has nothing to do with it!''

[​IMG]
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

But in all seriousness (<--Why do i always need to laugh when i say/write this :roflamo:)

My conclusion/speculation:

The Eldan forsaw the comming of a terrible power, something that would overtrown the current galaxy and destroy anything!

But the Elden knew they weren't strong enough to stop them, so they made a plan. They would make their home planet a big training field for new ''adventurers'' to become the warriors they need.

To stall the dark powers, they ship out to fight it and make sure they have enough time for there plan to work.

The Mechari would lead some of the dominion to the planet (slowly) so they could become the saviors of the galaxy, however! The Exiles found the planet first! The Eldan never foresaw something like this to happen.

And now a new conflict is imminent on Planet Nexus, Exile vs Dominion.

Mayby their plan went even better! For nothing beat real-life-to-the-death-training. But who will become the saviors of the galaxy? Will it be the Dominion according to the Elden or will it be the surprising Exiles?

Or will it happen that both faction would bond together to fight the upcomming power, that threatens them all.

Will the Dominion be able to shove their pride away? Will the Exile be able to momentarely stop their hatred?

Will they be able to bond together? Or will the Galaxy succumb to the dark powers?

And the savior will save the galaxy with the weapons the Eldan left on their planet (The moon defence systems).
    Lumzk likes this.
  12. iiFrank

Nice Speculation.
  13. TehTic

TehTic Cupcake

I like the idea that Nexis is a research and experiment planet. The Eldan had set up planetary defenses to protect and ensure the maturity of the test area, which would eventually be found by the test subjects. We as Nexian's are the experiment subjects, which was intended by the Eldan. At some time in the future the Eldan will return to collect their research and experiment data. Originally this was discussed on Massively.
    Lumzk and Jynetik like this.
  14. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

The Eldan got sick and tired of this plane of existence, so they voted and decided to travel together, as a race, to the next one :D Before leaving, they decided it would be humorous to invite others to their planet and have them speculate on their whereabouts, so they made the Mechari.

I think lore has confirmed that an Exile, Dorian Walker was the first to discover Nexus, out of the Dominion vs Exiles. "And so! Without further ado…we present the character lore of Dorian Walker, the famous Exile explorer who discovered the planet Nexus:" He was a pathfinder who scouted for planets. Can read up on that for more.
    iiFrank likes this.
  15. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

the elden, being so technologically advanced, probably shifted into the next stage of evolution, thus giving up all individuality, and becoming something akin to a beehive mind. Now they have transcended physical bodies and roam the universe as beings of pure energy in a dimension we can't perceive with the 5 senses

haha jk I have no idea, that'd be crazy though right :cool:
    iiFrank likes this.
  16. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

Through Osmosis they became everything living and breathing in the galaxy. They dissipated into the ether and re-emerged as all the other races, creatures and fauna.
  17. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

see you know whats up lol they should hire us as writers :D ever do any research on theosophy? it may or may not be true but man would that make a good game story haha
  18. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

This is my favorite theory as well. Nexus is a bit of a trap, the advanced technology and magics are the bait, and we (the dominion who were set up by the Elden to fall into the trap, and the exiles who just sort of stumbled upon it) are the unlucky victims of this trap.

I am sure that the Elden are plenty advanced enough to just have popped over to their summer-home a few parallel dimensions, or a few million light years over to watch the action unfold. The Elden themselves don't strike me as all that benevolent, after all they created giant horrible laser-shooting robots, purposefully subjected innocent life forms to biological and cybernetic tampering (Metal Maw), as well as intentionally interfered with the development of other cultures (Cassians), so no prime directive for them. All of this strikes me as the actions of a powerful and un-sympathetic (if not malevolent) species that likely has little to fear other than growing bored.
    TehTic and iiFrank like this.
  19. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Ah! Discussions of awesome! :inlove:

Here is some other very relevant/related talk (towards the bottom and now onto the next page):
    http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/the-planet-nexus.1561/page-2

I highly doubt either the Dominion or the Exiles had anything to do with the disappearance of the Eldan, especially considering once Nexus was discovered, the Eldan were already gone. The only way any of the races would have had contact with the Eldan then would have been before Nexus was discovered and off planet. The Marchari reported their findings and information back to planet Nexus, but even they didn't know where the planet was, either because they were manufactured off planet and never went to Nexus, or because all knowledge of the planet's whereabouts was purposefully erased. To me, it sounds as if the Mechari had never even been to Nexus before, since once the planet was discovered, it was said to be a momentousness occasion for them, as they hoped to be united with their makers. Therefore, it seems unlikely anyone, aside from Dominus's mother, the Cassian sword-maiden Tresayne, would have met face-to-face with the Eldan.

Interestingly, it was the Mechari that came to collect Tresayne all those years ago and bring her to the Eldan...yet the Mechari had no clue where Nexus was, as it had not been discovered yet. Perhaps then there was a space station set up where some of the Eldan operated out of and where Tresayne was taken to? Or maybe the Mechari who were ordered to bring Tresayne to the Eldan all had their memories wiped?
  20. iiFrank

I apologize for my speculation seeming way off lol. I'm pretty sure I didn't do enough research, but i'm glad that lots have given their thoughts on this.