1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What do you think happened to the Eldan?? (Speculation)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by iiFrank, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

No, not at all. No worries! :laugh: I didn't mean to come across as strong, if I did. I appreciate and love this discussion, so thank you so much for making this thread! ♥
  2. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

No worries i'm a big boy. I didn't take anything to heart. I made the thread for that exact same reason, because i love this topic/discussion as well. Either way thanks for your thoughts and comments.
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  3. Yermoh

Yermoh Cupcake

Black friday, galaxy version.
  4. Pancreas

Pancreas New Cupcake

Nexus was built by the Magratheans on behalf of the mice in order to compute the question to life the universe and everything.

The Eldan themselves passed away when they fired, and then launched, all of their professional telephone handset sanitizers into space. Eventually a nasty plague developed on an unsanitized handset and wiped out their home world.

The players may find an ancient computer, compiling all kinds of data to try and come up with the question. However they probably end up tripping over the power cord causing the computer to zort out, wiping out all of the data. Because even though the super computer had a brain the size of a planet, the creators forgot to program it to save it's work often. Oh well...
  5. mmimzie

mmimzie New Cupcake

I think the elden are hiding waiting for the first expansion pack to come out.
  6. Brimdang

Brimdang Cupcake

I'm inclined to agree with Extatica. The Eldan abandoned ship (planet) because of an approaching "evil". This conjures up thoughts of zerg or Tyranids. But I would like to see something not quite as typical. The approaching swarm or force should merely be the main opposing force to the Eldan's goal of ruling the galaxy. That way when they return, you get a new playable race for Exiles and playable Eldan for dominion.
    This is totally up in the air though, I've just wanted a playable nid or zerg like race in an mmo for a long time (if there is one let me know).
  7. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

I think the Eldan were destroyed by something that lives in Nexus, and the reason Nexus was so hard to find is because the Eldan never wanted us to find it in the first place. This deadly creature is what the Dominion and the Exiles will be fighting at level cap in the elder game.

Note: I did not read any of the previous speculations before me, so I don't get any ideas from anyone else :) This is fresh from my thinkbox.
  8. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

From everything I've read they've eluded to the Eldan being quite a bit more powerful then the Dominion and sent them the Mechari to help them. I doubt the Eldan had anything to do with the disappearance of the Eldan but at this point who knows. It is a good question. :)
  9. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

The eldan have obviously been planning the BEST EVER SURPRISE PARTY EVER for the Dominion for when it conquers the ENTIRE galaxy.

They will be VERY upset about being found out early in this game. And will begin to cull everybody to make up for the embarrassment.
  10. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Our main reason to explore Nexus is to find out what happened to the Eldan. Where are they and what happened to them? Those are questions everyone of us want to get answers to. In this article I hope to give you a possible answer to those questions.

Read more at: http://www.enigmaguild.org/blog/where-are-eldan
  11. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Haha you mentioned the kardeshev scale . That's awesome !

Good read all round.
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Will be looking forward to all the answers we will get, and how we will get them :D.
    I'm just dieing to know the ''Why they disappeared'' question.
  13. Dwel

Dwel Cupcake

Fun read Black Wolf, it would be interesting if they just packed up and left for another planet(s); it's definitely amusing to consider in terms of an expansion that would be based on different planets.

Of course, they could've also just 'ascended' (page of the ye Stargate book) to a higher plane of existence, so now they're just energy floating around the universe; messing with other civilizations and the such in mysterious ways.
  14. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Hmm or they could have run into something that took them out and the casssians were their back up plan to deal with that which wiped them out.
  15. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Nice article, Black Wolf!! :up: You know this interests me. ;)

I can agree that it is the negative aspects of humanity that are holding us back and keeping us from developing and furthering technology. (For example - and this is more current and smaller scale - but running our different forms of transportation on fossil fuels when we've already developed vehicles that can run on water and air. The big and powerful oil companies can't profit from that though, and so the engineers and scientists simply get paid off for their ideas, and the world ceases to advance.)

I also think the Eldan appear to be at a Type III level of development. It would certainly be interesting if their knowledge and understanding of technology evolved to surpass this though and thus granted them the capability of traveling between universes and expanding their empire and influence. If that were the case, then they certainly realized they were getting ready to explore the universe and leave behind their galaxy, they could have appointed Cassians the role of the leaders of the Dominion within their galaxy to sort of take over for the Eldan and replace them in their absence. That's definitely a good theory!

There are a couple of other theories I have, such as possibly the Eldan were preparing their galaxy for a great outside threat (a Type IV thread that could possibly be invading), which was why they had the Mechari seek out only the most powerful and notable beings in the galaxy to serve on the Dominion in hopes that this great army, if you will, of theirs was capable of withstanding any threats and surviving.

Then, of course, there's the common theory that the Eldan died off from some unknown means. Perhaps their technology and magic comprehension elevated to such extremes that their experimenting with it (as they so commonly did) led to their demise. They could have stumbled upon something too great that they weren't ready to be meddling with.
  16. Jersaun Korris

Jersaun Korris Cupcake-About-Town

In my opinion they either killed themselves off through civil war, or other means like a virus, climate change, or other self destructive ways. Now that's just on Nexus. They could have also just left the planet to continue their search for knowledge, or conquest. Maybe they evolved into higher beings made of energy, or phased from our plan of existence. For all we know they could still be on nexus, well, deep within' nexus in cryo pods, or some sort of stasis. There could have been a calamity that gave them reason to leave, or preserve themselves.

The possibilities are endless, and I am greatly looking forward to seeing what could come out of their story.
  17. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I really like the theory already brought up by others of the Eldan using Nexus as a test for the different races and they are secretly watching what happens as part of some master plan or game. :p
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  18. bigbadmojo

bigbadmojo New Cupcake

My theory is the Eldan were all slowly dying of some species wide disease. They attempted to save themselves through cybernetics and genetic engineering but their research had yet to find a way to save themselves. So they built the Mechari to go and find the most technologically advanced species they could find. They would then help them forge a large star empire so they would be protected from harm and have the resources to reach even higher levels of scientific knowledge. They would then find Nexus, the Eldan research planet. They would then find all of the Eldan research and hopefully complete the work and save the them. However in the 1600 years since the Eldan when into cryo-sleep, their Augmentors have gone crazy and are just augmenting everything they can find. That's why we get creatures like Metal-Maw.
  19. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Wait......so the Elden could make the Mechari, complete senient robot's that aren't under control of some mainframe or whatever (so can't be hacked), who can eat and drink aswell, feel emotions (altough they have trouble with humor).
    But they couldn't make themselves in some sort of cyborg/robotic creatures so an desease would have no influence on them?

Also...why bring other species to planet Nexus if that's the place where the virus was? Mayby it's still there and then the Elden could just spread to virus to other species and galacies aswell, who knows animals on planet nexus don't have the same virus? Not really smart to bring your only ''hope'' to the planet that killed your specie isn't it?

Altough i like the idea (love plagues/deseases in games :D), but it would have too many holes in the story. So it's probably not this one.

Edit: Not trying to break down people, just trying to find out which of all these can be true and which will be hard to pull off. So i can get some kind of insight of what Carbine can may come up with.
    Altough i'm sure they'll surprise everyone in the end anyway :cautious:
  20. bigbadmojo

bigbadmojo New Cupcake

You're assuming that the disease is zoonotic. Maybe it's a disease that only affects the Eldan. Maybe it's genetic and thus why the Lumini(sp?) are immune. As for the cybernetics issue, maybe the disease started to affect their brains and maybe the couldn't or wouldn't replace it with a computer. I have no idea, I'm just spitballing here.