1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What do you think happened to the Eldan?? (Speculation)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by iiFrank, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

*SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER*

Can i just say in the http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/0...press-briefing-and-qanda-with-jeremy-gaffney/ article they say:
    Now i just wish to requote what i've said from the beginning:
    Guess my idea's were kinda ''spot on''?? Or atleast we can rule out some of the other idea's of people :D But not mine hahahaha :p
  2. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

They got corrupted!

(WoW insider joke)
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Double post: for the sake of not knowing which thread about the Eldan is the better one :p

Can i just say in the http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/0...press-briefing-and-qanda-with-jeremy-gaffney/ article they say:
    Now i just wish to requote what i've said from the beginning:
    Guess my idea's were kinda ''spot on''?? Or atleast we can rule out some of the other idea's of people :D But not mine hahahaha :p
  4. Neurotic Cucpake

Neurotic Cucpake Cupcake-About-Town

Based on the picture of the half-breed Cassians/Elden, my guess is that they're simply space elves and because elves are douchebags who just wander off to retire for no particular reason (Tolkien says hello), that's all they did. If such, and they didn't even have the courtesy to say anything before leaving, then, well, I hope the door doesn't hit them on the way out.

I might be biased against elves, though. Ditto for the "mysterious people who just disappear for no reason" trope.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Based on this below, i say your dead wrong! ;) Also Space Elves FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER*
    So that kinda stops any speculation about it, for that's a small confirmation about what happend.
  6. Neurotic Cucpake

Neurotic Cucpake Cupcake-About-Town

I did a poor job of it, but I was speaking for their motivation as it appeared to the antagonists. Until we have a chance to see the storyline and learn about these hints, it does appear that they just wandered off for no reason. Just like Tolkien's elves appeared to leave the world of man for no reason unless you knew the reason why.

The fact that they couldn't be arsed to tell anyone why they left/disappeared just emphasizes the doucheyness of it all. Unless some unseen enemy just snapped their fingers and instantly vanished every single Elden without them having a chance to react or see it coming, at least one of them could have said something. Especially if it was as devastating as it apparently was.

Hence them being giant douchebags. :)
  7. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

SPOILER ALERT......

I do not want to know anything that may take away from the game's story line.
    Why not ask what happens at the end of the elder game? I want to wait to play and find out for myself, that is what we are paying for. If they give you all the answers then what is the point of playing the game.
  8. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

I think they're less Tolkien elves and more Elder Scrolls Dwemer

they meddled in crazy <REDACTED> (which in TES was Sunder, Keening, and the Heart of Lorkhan) and pretty much <REDACTED>ed themselves over.

also, since the post above me mentions "the thing that got them is coming for the players" then I'm assuming their crazy and universe law breaking science either created the monster that killed them or attracted it.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Why are you in this thread then? This is kinda a whole ''spoiler'' thread :D As soon as something is known you can bet on it it's on the fan-site's forum etc.

Also isn't the point of the game not to know what happend but to make sure it doesn't happen to the Dominion this time? (Exiles can just be destroyed :up:)

:p
    Mel likes this.
  10. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

I get that we are all excited to figure out what is going on with the lore and such. My advice is everyone who is posting in this thread should definitely pick the scientist path.
    Asking Carbine to spill the beans on the game story before release? Good luck with that one....lol:D
  11. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

dont see anyone actually asking carbine to tell them where the eldan are. some people just like to speculate .. you know .. flex their imagination.
  12. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

Was a great read. Thanks for the post/link. :up:
  13. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

I honestly would fly out to the States, find Pappy and punch him in the face if he were to insult me with that tired trope. Yes, I'm really sick of seeing that trope applied to nearly every villain in Warcraft lore and I won't put up with it anymore. >:|
  14. Sundae6AM

Sundae6AM New Cupcake

Nice read !

This one of the reason I want to play the scientist so that I'll get more info on that.

Here is some possibilities that I can think of :

- They create something that they couldn't control. (Like the replicators of Stargate)
    - They ran out of a material that was a basic need for them.
    - Maybe they're still here but in a parallel universe.

Anyway I can't wait to find out ! :D
  15. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

I have this suspicion that the story will bear some similarities to that of Fable 3 or Mass Effect.

For example, in Fable 3 the story went something like this

Benevolent King (Eldan) leaves a kingdom to his two heirs (You and your douche brother). Brother (Dominion) takes over the kingdom and strives to build its forces because of an impending evil that you didn't know about. You (Exile) believe in freedom and leave the Kingdom to seek your fortune.

I could be wrong, but it seems plausible.
  16. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Except that the Dominion has no knowledge as to why or thanks to what the Eldan have left. They don't know about that ''impending'' evil.
  17. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

True, might be closer to the Mass Effect story.

From the Mass Effect Wiki regarding the Protheans

Source: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Prothean

There are some similarities IMO.
  18. Luc

Luc Cupcake-About-Town

According to the E3 Q&A with J.Gaffney Eldans got Busted.
    "Something bad happened to the Eldan. They didn't just disappear, and the thing that got them is coming for the players."

Link:
    HTML:
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06/13/e3-2013-wildstar-press-briefing-and-qanda-with-jeremy-gaffney/
  19. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

<Admin Hat> We've got us a good ol' fashioned thread-mergin' happening here. 'Scuse the rubble! </Admin Hat>
  20. Narrack

Narrack Cupcake

"Something bad happened to the Eldan. They didn't just disappear, and the thing that got them is coming for the players."

Well the question then becomes "What killed/ate them and is it still on nexus or did the Eldan fight it in the void between galaxy's and thus its on its way? and is the reason the Eldan wanted to Cassians to take over the galaxy purely because they believed the galaxy stood no chance unless it were to be unified?

Hopefully whatever it is isn't as terrifying as these guys or were all lunch!
    TyranidArt2.jpg