1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What do you think happened to the Eldan?? (Speculation)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by iiFrank, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

As a good and loyal citizen of the Dominion, I of course believe the truth that was declared by Emperor Jarec in 1376. The Elden rose to their rightful homes as gods and watch over the Dominion, blessing us even to this day! It is their blessing that ensure the Exiles will be slaughtered and kicked off the holy planet from which the Elden came!

On a serious note:

I honestly hope we don't find out what happened to them...My partial joke at the start of this post is why. If they keep it hinted at so we never know for sure, I'd be fine, but if they out right say "They got kicked to the curb by the Reapers!" I will be disappointed. The Elden have become the center of Dominion religion (at least for one playable race and the ruling NPC race), we can't find out what happened without a huge kick in the nuts to one faction.

If they just keep it to hints, sprinkle it around, let the players piece it together so that the players can be certain but it's in a realm of being deniable to the characters, that's fine. Because that's meta knowledge that doesn't effect the characters. Sure some might put it together, but it wouldn't ruin the official Dominion standing on what happened.
  2. MadVorlon

MadVorlon New Cupcake

Something that's bothered me is the fact that the Mechari were supposedly created by the Eldan, but the majority of the race has no direct experience of them. There are rumored to be a handful of Mechari that are old enough to have coexisted with the Eldan, but nobody knows who they are. How do the Mechari know they were created by the Eldan? How did the Luminai come about without someone having direct contact with the Eldan somewhere?

I think that small group of Mechari were in direct contact with the Eldan and were possibly instructed to preserve a small number of Eldan in some form of stasis until such time that their experimental hybrid offspring (Luminai) found Nexus and proved themselves capable of mastering Eldan technology.
  3. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

The Eldan found a lab rat that carried a common bacteria they had no immunity towards themselves.

End of Eldan story, inspired by War of the Worlds.