1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What Healer class would you like?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Kyrios, May 7, 2013.

?

Which healer class would you like to see more?

1. You summon ethereal powers to close the wounds of your allies...

30.1%
  2. With the latest technology at your fingers, nanites work to stitch up your allies...

69.9%
  1. Kyrios

Kyrios Cupcake

I would personally like to see a mechanical/ scientific healer class. boot up the Defibrulator! Clear!
    Recently announced in a you tube video, www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDfQEhnHFak#t=397s there will be more of a main healer spec to come.
    Rumze likes this.
  2. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Carbine has stated that any class that can heal can fill the main healer slot as long as they spec and gear for it.
    Currently, two healing capable classes are known: Esper and Spell slinger.

There's a thread thats pretty long that discusses the last 2 unrevealed classes.
  3. Eldryth

Eldryth Cupcake

I'd say the first is more likely by far, since looking at the existing classes, healing is always governed by Wisdom while Technology is a tank stat. At the same time, though, going the opposite direction for the remaining classes would really make the last ones unique. Plus another pure caster would have too much overlap with Esper, since they already use Magic and Wisdom. Haven't considered it before, but a magical staff tank and an Engineer healer with a rifle could possibly work, considering how it looks like stats can do different things for different classes in Wildstar (assuming I'm understanding the stat and Milestone systems correctly). Because of this, I guess I'd vote for the second because it's a bigger change from the existing classes (although I'll probably play Esper either way).
  4. Kyrios

Kyrios Cupcake

I understand that, the purpose of this thread is for the new upcoming what they have called the "Main" healing class has not been revieled. He also said dropping down medical sacks for your friends to run by and pick up. I am just asking what people would want that to look like thanks rumze!
  5. Eldryth

Eldryth Cupcake

Pretty sure he misspoke, there, since Esper and Spellslinger are both considered main healers as well. The last healer would also fit there, and make more sense. Either way, see my previous post here for my speculation.
    Edouard Seryozhenkov likes this.
  6. Eldryth

Eldryth Cupcake

7. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I'm actually happy with both types of healing to be honest. I loved trooper healing in swtor and scoundrel healing as well.

But I really like psionics and espers seem to be like that so had to pick the first one :p
  8. Auxiliary

Auxiliary Cupcake

I am more excited about the fact that he slipped that there was a craft for housing. It was to be expected for such a crafting profession to exist, but this pretty much confirms it existence.
  9. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Hehe, Carpenters (I think that was the name) made a KILLING in EQ2 in the RP community, I know. They were rolling plat.

Er, but on topic, I think nano or tech healing sounds pretty cool. It will all come down to the "feel" of whatever the class is though that will decide it for me.
  10. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Hard to say but I'll go with the more magic based healing.
  11. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

I'd like to see another Sci-Fi MMORPG have technology based healing. Surely technology has advanced enough to be able to heal without being magic exclusively? You could still have it be wisdom based, but have little bots or something do the trick. Maybe even shield bots ;)

Imperial Agent healing, and some tech-like healing SWTOR, could easily appear in WildStar's universe.
  12. Merketh

Merketh Cupcake

hoping last class is a Swtor Commando style healer, but if not, I'll settle for Spellslinger.
  13. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Melee. And the "Main" in that sentence wasn't meant to be said - there is no "main healer".
  14. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

I didn't vote as the method of healing doesn't really matter that much to me - I tend to go with the playstyle/mechanics I prefer more.
    I'll just have to see when we have the details, have enjoyed both the more mobile healers (scoundrel/operative in SWTOR/Druid in WoW, etc.) as well as the 'stand and cast' types (sage/sorc in SWTOR, holy priest/pally in WoW, etc.). So long as they're all valid in terms of effectiveness and fun to play I'll be happy with any.
  15. Marv

Marv New Cupcake

16. Warpaint

Warpaint New Cupcake

I really like the idea of a "tech" healer. It's refreshing!
  17. Maxtross

Maxtross Cupcake-About-Town

Or a HOTs style based class like Druid ;)
    Dragon likes this.
  18. keith-stone

keith-stone New Cupcake

I'd love for there to be a tech healer similar to my Commando/Scoundrel in SWTOR.

I would have to see how each class plays and how strong interrupts are to make a final call. The class that is least vulnerable to being interrupted will be the better PvP healer and that's what I'm mainly concerned about. Mobility also appears to be much more vital in this game than in other games(that's saying a lot as mobility is key in PvP).

I'd love to see a PvP Dev Speak with a a little section on each role and discussing how they interact with each other.

My vote has to go with the tech healer.
  19. Verbie

Verbie New Cupcake

I'd love to either see a HoTs healing class like a druid from wow, or something like Shaman was in tbc/wotlk as i loved healing with my shaman in ulduar and such :)
  20. Haiku

Haiku New Cupcake

I would play the most mathematically efficient one and learn to love it, but if both healers were somehow completely equal, the science healer interests me more than the magic healer.