1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What Healer class would you like?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Kyrios, May 7, 2013.

?

Which healer class would you like to see more?

1. You summon ethereal powers to close the wounds of your allies...

30.1%
  2. With the latest technology at your fingers, nanites work to stitch up your allies...

69.9%
  1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I like both. It'll really come down to how the classes look and play.
  2. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

I love the smell of napalm in the mornin', so I'd say a combat medic.
  3. Flannan

Flannan Cupcake

I do not mind which way I heal, using magic or technology, as long as it gets the job done. Though at the moment, until the release the other healing class, between Esper and Spellslinger, it'll be Esper for me.
  4. Seahorse

Seahorse New Cupcake

I just hope they all have completely different mechanics and play differently enough.

Hard to tell the mechanics of the current healing classes, I wonder if they will use something similar to WoW and have such mechanics as HoT, shielding and cast based healers. (Druid, priest, pally) or they come up with something completely different.

I'd really like to see a life drain based healer. Maybe if it's only an off healer (kind of like how Spriests were back in the day) just I give that extra healing for raids etc.
  5. Ethos

Ethos New Cupcake

Magic.

Magic is always better than tech! :D

With the Esper, SpellSlinger and possible third healer, it sounds like they've planned for each healer to be a jack of all trades in terms of direct heals, AoE heals and HoTs. In the end i think i'll end up picking the class most similar to a Priest.
  6. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

I'm all for differing mechanics among the 3 (?) healers in-game, but I would be quite surprised if one was any less capable or less desirable, at least based on their comments so far. My hunch is that the class itself will not determine whether it is an "off healer" or not, but rather their spec will. That's just speculation though, and this remains to be seen.
  7. Thrice

Thrice Cupcake

All I want is to see how healing in an actual PvE and PvP setting works.
  8. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

I want real distinction on the healers. I'd like to see a tech-based healer akin to the Scoundrel in TOR, but I'd also like different healers to focus on certain styles of healing. We had a talk about this on IRC a few weeks ago. One healer could be the king of telegraphed heals with lines, circles, orbs, etc. Another healer could focus on single-target traditional healing. The third could be a mix of the two jack of all trades. In the expansion they could have a proper melee healer like a Bear Shaman from Conan that uses close-range cones and AOE from their own character who's fighting from the front lines and generating resources to heal from doing damage(though not very much of it to keep them somewhat balanced).
  9. Seahorse

Seahorse New Cupcake

Completely agree. Every healing class should be capable of filling the main healer role.

My point about Spriests was more just about a but of extra raid healing. They are a DPS class, they just relieved a bit of stress as they helped just that little bit at healing the entire raid.

In saying that, though. A full healer class that is based on doing damage would be cool. For every bit of damage they do a percentage goes to the targeted ally etc. would be fun.
    Azhdaha likes this.
  10. Dragon

Dragon Cupcake

Nanobot-based HoTs = NanoHoTs? Might be kinda neat to see this sort of tech healing from one of the unannounced classes.
  11. epiksheep

epiksheep New Cupcake

I would love to see a medigun healer in the style of TF2. I feel like with the flavor of some of the races, a scientific 'doctor' would be great.
  12. Maxtross

Maxtross Cupcake-About-Town

Well you mean like SWTOR commando/ merc style of healing? Perhaps you will see that ;)
  13. Maxtross

Maxtross Cupcake-About-Town

That style most likely close to SWTOR Scoundrel/Imperial Agent healing style, with nano-bots,probes healing and all.
  14. Nullius

Nullius New Cupcake

I chose the technology option. But I'd like to see other options maybe utilizing a hybrid or mix of technology and magic(?). Anything different would be a great option to consider---I hate being pigeon-holed into one or the other in terms of choices. A good mix of the arcane and technological executed as target-only, AoE, as well as ground-telegraphed-heals (like I've observed in vids) for any version of healer would be awesome to experience. Like where do I sign up? :D
  15. DrThreaded

DrThreaded Cupcake

I see no option for Both.

MagiTech, Cure the Incurable and Heal the Unhealable.
    Ennui likes this.
  16. epiksheep

epiksheep New Cupcake

Eh, I did not like the Merc healing pistols myself, I prefer the medibeam.
  17. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

i want a melee healer. :)
  18. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Flavour-wise, I prefer magic-themed healing :). There's something cool about not needing tools per se - you just WILL wounds to knit and bones to mend! :p
  19. Dragon

Dragon Cupcake

I still want to see a game take the whole "laying on of hands" concept to the next level.

[​IMG]

;)
  20. Laine

Laine New Cupcake

Well, with the pattern of each class having the ability to tank or heal, with tanks being melee and healers being ranged so far, I have a feeling we're going to see the ranged / melee roles swapped for the next 2 classes. So maybe something like a paladin and a pet class or some sort of ranged/spellcaster tank?
    Ennui likes this.