1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What I'm going to name my characters

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by coolster50, Mar 20, 2014.

1. coolster50

coolster50 Cupcake

After 4 hours of brainstorming and roaming around several WildStar Fan Sites, I was finally able to decide what to name my chars:
    • Human Spellslinger Adventurer- Masterson
    • Granok Warrior Soldier- Diamondhead
    • Agent Tez- Level 0 Mechari Engineer Settler
    • Malaki Canopyclaw- Level 0 Aurin Esper Scientist
    • Eviscerator Teresh-Level 0 Draken Stalker Soldier
    • Victor Lucius- Level 0 Mordesh Medic Scientist

As of this moment I claim all these names my property. What're you guys' going to name your chars
  2. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Probably not a terribly good idea to list your names like that because someone will take them. Also, you can only have one word names. No last names. Though titles are probably in.
    Kataryna likes this.
  3. Karnaj

Karnaj New Cupcake

I was thinking Masterson and Diamondhead. What server you gonna play on? :-P

Seriously domi is right though.
  4. MadBlue

MadBlue Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]
    Kataryna and Domi Dayglow like this.
  5. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

6. Snapdragyn

Snapdragyn New Cupcake

Seriously, I'm nervous about even using names I like in beta, & strongly considering deleting the characters whose names I got attached to last beta weekend. Why would you POST them somewhere?! :confused:
  7. Quawfledyffix

Quawfledyffix New Cupcake

those name-thiefs, huh, be careful!
  8. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

names need to be short, easy to type for tells, recognizable.

Railz
    Killmaim
    Pipebomb
    Kaxt
  9. Domi Dayglow

People should also remember that beta test right now (and the preorder beta weekends) will also be wiped before the headstart and launch. Since we don't exactly know the status of preorder of name reserving yet it's likely a good idea not to use a name in beta for a character that you're really attached to. Someone could spot it and snipe it.

Also.....I've licked SO many Lolli Lop LSD Caterpillars today! :D
  10. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

I felt a great disturbance on the net, as if millions of forumites suddenly groaned in disbelief and then suddenly facepalmed.
  11. MadBlue

MadBlue Cupcake-About-Town

PURE SPECULATION

Although, I could easily see name reservation being based on the names you're currently using in beta on the server you're playing on. For example, if I'm playing "MadBlue" on Nexus and I'm guild leader for my guild on Nexus, I'll have the option to reserve the name "MadBlue" and my guild name on Nexus for head start (Well, Nexus will be renamed, but the realm will still be there). i.e.. I won't be competing with anyone else who wants my character names and guild name on my server.

With the EU realms opening up before Open Beta, players on the EU realms can snag their names as well.

Once the head-start begins, your reserved names won't be available to others, but names that were taken by people who didn't pre-order will be freed up, so you might have a chance of getting a name that was taken in beta. At launch, all names that were not claimed by people who pre-order will be freed up.

/PURE SPECULATION
  12. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

I don't care if you spent four hours brainstorming your name; I've spent 4+20 years using mine. You can't have it!

Unless of course you can prove better justification for using it than I can. I will preface this by saying that I am NOT an overtly religious person. More than anything I just find it fascinating. Please, no religious debate.

That being said, in the Old Testament, Malachi is an oracle who basically says that if you are to offer a sacrifice to God, it must be a worthy sacrifice. God don't want your <REDACTED>, basically. And my interpretation of that, from a gaming perspective, is that the people and creatures and whatever that I encounter, they must be worthy challenges. God wouldn't be impressed if I wiped the floor with a bunch of noobs, but he would be impressed by taking on a worthy adversary and defeating him. Yes, that is a bit different type of "sacrifice", and to be honest, from a gaming perspective it would be more like taking your most powerful sword and throwing it into a well or something like that. I've just taken a few liberties with the idea.

Plus, Malachi just sounds cool. :)
  13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You are Dominion, right? (I forgot)
  14. Malachi

Haha, why do you ask?
  15. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'm interested, seeing robot = Mechari or am I wrong?
  16. Malachi

Not sure I understand what robots have to do with this...
  17. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well your picture is a robot (or so it seems to me), so I thought you are a Dominion guy.

Right or not? (cause the name does suit a Mechari tbh)
  18. Domi Dayglow

wildstaraurinchar032214post.jpg
    Happy little level 17 esper! A settler right now, but will be a scientist at launch! Because science is funs! And maybe science will help me figure out how to use a mount instead of wasting so much time figuring it out like I did today.

Anyway, on the original subject, while posting names you plan to use is bad, it's not a bad idea to give people suggestions for resources that will help. I often use various name generators around the web. You can find relatively common names sure, but it's often really hard to make up a Wildstarish sounding name for some races. So I pick little known languages. So here's some name resources that I browse. Literally millions of possible character names!

http://www.behindthename.com/random/
    http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-char.php (Not so much names, but it's still really funny)
    http://www.babynames.com/
    http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/ (Little creepy with it's fake identity thing, but names are good)
    http://www.namegeneratorfun.com/ (Lots of name generators!)
    http://www.babynamegenie.com/baby-name-generator/
  19. Malachi

That is not a robot! It's The Shrike, and he is no robot. Nor do I see why a Jewish / biblical name would be fitting for robots.

And I've made my chua punting aspirations clear enough on these forums to tell you which side I will be playing. ;)
  20. Domi Dayglow

Malachi you should never kick a chua. Do you have any idea how many fleas and diseases could get on your foot?

Use a catapult instead.
    Malachi likes this.