1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What is Your Intended Main- As of Now?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by ImmortalExile, May 7, 2013.

?

What Class Will be Your Main?

1. Warrior

16.8%
  2. Esper

23.5%
  3. Spellslinger

27.3%
  4. Stalker

16.3%
  5. "Crook Wielder"

6.1%
  6. "Rifle Wielder"

10.1%
  1. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Great response. One, I think (hope) most people feel, as well. New world. New sights. So much to see and do!
    Though, I will still probably role a role- i.e. Tank, or Heals. I just love not having to wait too long to get a group. I never have that much fun just DPS'ing anyways. I feel all the classes will be fun, though. COnsidering they're "new".
    And PATHS! Oh, I have no idea what path to choose. Soldier, or Scientist...
  2. Nesphito

Nesphito Cupcake

I am leaning towards Human, Cassian or Mechari. Maybe one of the unannounced races. As for paths I am thinking Explorer, Settler and Scientist (in that order). My path will depend on what information comes out for the Settler and Scientist, but for now I am thinking Explorer.

I normally play a stealth class in mmos, I did in WoW, GW2 and Warhammer. I am thinking about playing a non stealth class this time. The Gunslinger looks cool but I heard you can't run and cast spells and that kind of disappoints me, especially in an action mmo.

I also heard there is an unannounced stealth class so I am very interested to see what that is. I hope it is more interesting than the stalker.
  3. ImmortalExile

I was under the impression with the most current build mobility has been improved drastically for both the Spellslinger and the Esper. Though we have no videos for proof yet.

I haven't heard of this, yet! I thought the rumored classes were a Crook wileding melle type healer/dps, and a rifle wielding engineer tank type/dps.
    Izukar and Nesphito like this.
  4. Nesphito

Nesphito Cupcake

Well it was in the class speculation thread. I don't remember what lead people to think there was another one. I never read that whole thread so it could have been debunked. I can still hope there is one :)
  5. Xandita

Xandita Cupcake

Esper because it's an anagram of my favorite phrase when I want to sound cool: per se.
  6. Shaigh

Shaigh Cupcake

I am hoping that the crook wielder will also be a healer.
  7. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Warrior. Why? Well...I want to tank and the idea of a robot-arm is pretty badass.
  8. Eldryth

Eldryth Cupcake

I know I want to be a healer, and leaning towards Esper right now. But I have a habit of changing my mind a lot, so who knows at launch- could be a Spellslinger or the third healer :). Either way, will probably be Aurin as well.
  9. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

A tank class or something that can tank for the simple reason i'm good at it and enjoy taking lead in dungeons. Harder to manage raids from that perspective but all tank classes have the option to dps and melee dps is my second most enjoyable form of gameplay.

As ranged is simply too easy once used to melee range.
  10. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Female mechari warrior - main
    Female drakken stalker - 1st alt
    Female (mech/drakken) rifle guy - 2nd alt

Unlikely to play ranged classes though. I don't like magic and ranged play styles usually bore me.
  11. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Yes to the lore, I've mentioned the technology side of the Stalker a few times :) However, that doesn't mean that the same sort of class is not featured in nearly every MMORPG. Just because one Rogue has stealth via tricks, magic, the Force, or an invisible cloak, doesn't mean the one having access to technology changes the role of the class ;) It's just a change in lore, and explains how the class has those functions. Nice comparison with the Predator though!

You can also argue the same for the Warrior using a tech sword and having gadgets like grenades, he still has the same role as most every other warrior in MMORPGs :)
  12. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

Main:Crook/staff wielder- Mogwai male, Explorer
    1st alt: Stalker-Mechari male, Scientist
    2nd alt: Spellslinger- Cassian female, Soldier
  13. Silas Jasar

Silas Jasar Cupcake-About-Town

I'm thiking the esper. The summoning of golden flags and armor along with psychic swords got me on the hook.
  14. DrShemp

DrShemp Cupcake

Granok with whatever the rifle class is, hopefully a tank. If that doesn't work out I might roll warrior instead or just roll a new race and go stalker.
  15. Marv

Marv New Cupcake

So far I'm looking at Esper, the mechanics seems more appealing that the spellslinger and I want to play a Ranged dps.
    Going to wait and see what the remaining ranged dps class is, if there is anything that plays like a shaman from WAR I'll jump on it for sure.
  16. ImmortalExile

I'm really surprised at the low vote count for Spellslinger. Granted, only a fraction of the immediate community actually voted, but, still...
    Perhaps after we get to play a beta or two, and especially once the NDA is lifted the numbers will change.
  17. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Knowing what's been released now, probably a human scientist esper. The first character I make will probably be a warrior or stalker though. It seems like in all games, classes that are in melee are a little more forgiving to mistakes. First character is for learning experience.
    Izukar likes this.
  18. Sol

Sol Cupcake-About-Town

Spellslinger; the name is all I needed to hear =)
  19. Cowboy

Cowboy Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, but the same argument could be made about the Esper and Spellslinger. Mage and Archer, with a slight twist. The role of the class is the same. Tomato toma(h)to.
  20. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, I'll give you Esper (the psychic touch may be interesting though).

The Spellslinger is a ranged magic pistoleer / healer (more like SWTOR Smuggler than an Archer). The common Archer/Hunter classes are often sidekicked with a pet :p If you go Arcane Archer ala D&D, you may be closer :) No tomatoes here.