1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What is Your Intended Main- As of Now?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by ImmortalExile, May 7, 2013.

?

What Class Will be Your Main?

1. Warrior

16.8%
  2. Esper

23.5%
  3. Spellslinger

27.3%
  4. Stalker

16.3%
  5. "Crook Wielder"

6.1%
  6. "Rifle Wielder"

10.1%
  1. morroIan

morroIan New Cupcake

Stalker Tank, it looks to be somewhat similar to a tankassassin from SWTOR which I liked as a spec.
    Secondary character: Esper DPS
  2. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

I think I've been sold on an Aurin Spellslinger paired with Explorer since the early announcement days of the game. Like others have pointed out, you can find warrior archetypes and caster archetypes in other games, but that dual-pistol teleporting daring-do captures that essence of what Wildstar is for me. Of course, like Innocent, I'm probably going to also roll a melee class as an alt, because I often enjoy getting close and personal in my combat. :D
  3. Cowboy

Cowboy Cupcake-About-Town

And a rogue tank is hardly "in nearly every MMORPG." Invisible tomatoes
  4. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

All I said was that "I see" warrior and stalker are common, which they are. You spun it into a lore slap first, and then how other classes, like Esper, can be called in to the same thing I said. Now, you add the tank ability of the stalker (which is like Rift and even more so in SWTOR).

Find somewhere else to argue or debate, I don't care. You haven't even stated your reasoning for your Main class, which is the purpose of the thread. I ended up going with the "Rifle Wielder", because I felt like that class would be more interesting/unique than some of the others :)

P.S. don't get into a habit of taking quotes out of context. I said "However, that doesn't mean that the same sort of class is not featured in nearly every MMORPG." The same sort of archetype is a very broad statement.
  5. Grelin

Grelin Cupcake

Probably a Draken Male Warrior, and shortly after a Draken male Stalker. We'll see if stalkers are any good at holding their own, a warrior would make sense in that regard but a rogue stealth class i'm not too sure yet.
  6. Talksin

Talksin Cupcake

Spellslinger.
    THUGLIFE
  7. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Currently I think my main character will the 4th exile race with the rifle wielding class. That is, if I can pick that combo. xP Either that or Esper.
    As back up I have my Aurin Stalker.
  8. Zepherion

Zepherion Cupcake

Spellcaster fo' sho'.

And by that I mean the one with the flying swords and whatever. Not the other spellcaster with the guns.
  9. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Well I'll be playing all of them at some point :p
    Which I 'main' though really depends on what's needed by the guild/levelling group I end up in. Likely to be a healer type so I voted for the crook wielder but unless I find a class with a play style I don't enjoy I'm happy with anything.
  10. UNDERZZZZZ

UNDERZZZZZ Cupcake-About-Town

At the moment, Stalker. Just going to follow suit with my love of Rogue in WoW (one of the few from the numbers nowadays). But I'm also relatively interested in Spellslinger, depending on if the mobility issues get fixed. I just love anything mobile, and have preferences to a non-limited resource. So II'll be keeping an eye out on playstyles​
  11. Tawny

Tawny New Cupcake

I was pretty sure i was going Esper as I've always played spellcasters in every other game before now. However having watched loads of gameplay videos I'm now seriously thinking about Spellslinger, not really sure why it just looks fun, plus the explorer path as I want to see EVERYTHING

Is it possible to be addicted to a game before it comes out :O
    Cuban Cowboy likes this.
  12. Haoli

Haoli Cupcake-About-Town

Stalker would fit with my play history, but I've been really sold on Esper so far... I'm really not sure yet.
  13. baflgraf

baflgraf New Cupcake

I'm interested in playing a Stalker or a Warrior. I've never really played a stealthy class though, so I feel like my Stalker would spec into the Tank role.
  14. Huffle Puff

Huffle Puff Cupcake

Spellslinger! I have never played a game with a class that can dual wield pistols, and running around like an over-the-top yee-haw cowboy looks fun. Plus, I like the idea of combining magic and technology, in a sort of science-fantasy hybrid.
    Izukar likes this.
  15. ValleyD

ValleyD New Cupcake

Spellslinger... I want to try out the heal spc for this class. A very mobile healer might make for some grate survivability.
    Huffle Puff likes this.
  16. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, I experienced that. Then I easily went cold turkey when I realized swtor sucks ass.

Right now I'm doing wow addiction recovery. It's pretty easy once you realize the "drug" is no longer working on you. Also, wow is down to 8 mil subs right now so I'm far from being the only one attending the rehab clinic. :D
    Izukar likes this.
  17. WildStone

WildStone Cupcake

MMO addiction just like any addiction comes down to the brain 'craving' 'feel good' neurotransmitters such as dopamine, serotonin and so forth.

So the key IMHO is to replace the 'undesired' addiction with another activity that generates a high amount of these 'feel good neurotransmitters' such as exercise, a hot fling (if you get attached easily then not recommended lol), other things I cannot mention on this site and the easiest replacement of all: Another game :D etc etc

Source: I'm a recovering MMO addict myself ROFL :roflamo:

Haven't really immersed myself in any game over the last few year but currently ULTRA Stoked for WildStar. GOOD TIMES ARE COMING my friend ;)
    Izukar and Chomag like this.
  18. DrShemp

DrShemp Cupcake

Rifle class, hopefully it has a tank spec because I loved tanking as a trooper in SWTOR.
  19. Hephen

Hephen Cupcake

Male aurin staff explorer healer both pvp and pve :D or something. May change when when i have a go at all the classes, like in gw2 i wasn't going to be anything else but the guardian and then when i played all of the classes i found the ranger to be more to my tastes.. But for now I'm pretty keen for that ^
  20. Xint

Xint New Cupcake

I haven't really made a decision yet. For one, I want to see how the last two classes play before deciding. Second of all, I can never decide what to play. When a new MMO comes out, I usually spent several days (even up to a week) before I finally decide.

What I do know is that I'll be going DPS, and I have a tendency to mostly go melee, but the classes all look so amazing. In the end, granted that WildStar is as good as it looks, I'll be playing every class.