1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What MMOs are you playing in the meantime?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Nonsensicles, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

We've got a long while before Beta let alone the release of Wildstar. I'm sure many of us are trying to tide ourselves over with other games in the medium, and it might be useful to share. I know I'm flitting rapidly between games and having a lot of trouble settling into any at the moment, and I'm sure some recommendations might help someone, if not myself.

I guess if anyone wants to recruit for their guild in a specific game or something, this would be an okay place to do it, so long as you do so gracefully. :)
    Dragor and Scrawny like this.
  2. Stephan Langø

Stephan Langø New Cupcake

What about a recimmendation then :) ?
  3. Dragor

Dragor Cupcake

Im not thinking about playing many MMO´s in the meantime. I got serious with every MMO I played and when Im playing multiple games, my experience for all of them takes a hit.
    I have a love/hate relationship with EVE Online, I´ve been playing it for roughly 2 years now. Sometimes I keep playing it for weeks straight and then there are times when I just check in to skill. But I dont think I will ever leave it.^^
    There are enough single-player games out there to be released this year and the years to come, that I want to play.
    Deus Ex: HR and Skyrim alone should keep me playing for months and then there is Battlefield 3, Rage, Tomb Raider, NFS: The Run; WH 40k Spacemarine and Uncharted 3 :D
    The only real MMO I want to play is Guild Wars 2. They payment method is the right thing to play it, when youre allready playing other stuff.
  4. souper

souper Founding Member

Not playing any right now either. Focusing on non-MMO games. However, when City of Heroes goes free I'll jump back in. Its one of my favorite MMOs but I haven't been subscribed for a while now since I've had my fill.
  5. Dansa

Dansa New Cupcake

The people that like Wildstar art style I recommend Allods Online. The art style it is quite similar and has the same sci fi/fantasy theme going on and it is Free to Play. The only down side is the cash shop
  6. Oabe

Oabe Cupcake-About-Town

just doing some training in EVE. really bored though ahah
  7. Stephan Langø

Stephan Langø New Cupcake

Never tried EVE, thinking about trying.. is there some free trials?
  8. Dragor

Dragor Cupcake

I could give you a 21-Day -Trial instead of a regular 14-Day one if you want to test EVE.

Just send me a PM with your E-Mail.
  9. Frozenoak

Frozenoak Founding Member

I'm playing Fallen Earth right now. Not a great game but it's different enough that I like it. It's going f2p soon so if you like post-apocalyptic cowboy type stuff you might like this game. My online gaming community (or guild for short) Mongbat is eagerly anticipating SW:TOR with many members already in beta. That will most likely be the game I play in the meantime, assuming it doesn't flop like Warhammer Online did.
  10. Immaculata

Immaculata Cupcake

I have KOTOR, Dragon Nest and a beta (NDA) installed at the moment. Dragon Nest is fun, a bit cutesy though.
  11. Tar Ancalime

Tar Ancalime New Cupcake

Guild Wars will be keeping me going until GW2 makes it's long awaited appearance. Don't really play MMO's generally, but Wildstar looks like it'll be a lot of fun.
  12. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

I have City of Heroes at the moments (Monthly Sub) and Star Trek Online (Lifetime Sub). I also have Champions Online FFA installed, but play it infrequently (used to subscribe and burnt out on it).
  13. Nonsensicles

Depends on what you enjoy. *shrug* Myself, I'm at a loose end, poking at stuff but without the heart to actually try to get into anything.

Looking forward, I'm quite eager for Guild Wars 2, which I'm fairly sure will be out in the first half of next year. The Secret World looks very interesting as far as depth of setting, but I just don't know enough about the gameplay. The Old Republic can go rot, since Bioware are set on leaving Australia out in the cold and won't offer any reassurance at all. There's also World of Darkness, which I am all kinds of giddy over, but I do not expect that to release any significant period of time before WildStar.
  14. Akhrin

Akhrin New Cupcake

Going to be cracking on with Guild Wars, and I've got a character on Champions Online that could do with a bit of attention.
  15. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Subscribed to Rift and LotRO currently, although I don't really have much interest in either for the time being. Might very well take a break from MMOs soon and maybe finish up a bunch of the single player games I've neglected over the years.
    Nonsensicles likes this.
  16. Scrawny

Scrawny Cupcake

Great idea for a thread!

I was just given a copy of Guild Wars and it's two expansions, I had some trouble getting registered, but now that that's sorted out I'll be trying it out. Other than that I've been playing Diablo 2 (!) which is fun to get back into again, but only for nostalgia's sake.
  17. Nonsensicles

That's what I've been doing, though I've been bothered by how lonely it feels. MMOs seem to have ruined me for offline gaming. :\
  18. Pontianak

Pontianak Cupcake

I'm playing Age of Conan right now. It's alright, but kinda boring.
  19. Lucas

Lucas Cupcake

I've recently started playing EQ2 again (lots and lots of content...I stopped back in 2005); I also have LOTRO installed: have been playing it on and off, but before starting a new character, I'll wait for the "Rise of Isengard" expansion, since it will bring a lot of modifications to classes.
  20. Oubliette

Oubliette Founding Member

Hey, I remember this thread the first time it went around. ^.^

CoH player, nearly 4 years now.

EQ was my first MMO, got bored after 3 weeks, falling off the boat just as it zoned into the ocean is not a experience I'd wish on anyone though I've heard that they've fixed that issue.

Was in CB for CO and DCUO. The epileptic seizures that CO calls martial Arts and the spawn camping for missions was enough to put me off. Taking a console game and slapping MMO on it with practically useless keyboard controls made for an unpleasant experience with DCUO.

Never had any interest in WoW and I'm not a fan of PvP, especially open world PvP.

The mechanics of Wildstar are very interesting, I can't wait to explore.