1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What path will you play? [Poll]

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Kaizan, May 21, 2013.

?

Which path will you play?

1. Soldier

11.6%
  2. Scientist

32.0%
  3. Settler

19.2%
  4. Explorer

26.5%
  5. Undecided

10.7%
  1. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

I wonder if the scientist robot is customizable
  2. WildStone

WildStone Cupcake

First vote for soldier ROFL ;)

Hey, someone must take care of the dirty work. :cool:
  3. Maurodax

Maurodax Cupcake

Haha, amen brotha! Same for me, Settler all the way! What can i say? I like to help people and earn a profit from it, hopefully a big profit!
    I mean, build a campfire and i get exp from other people who use it? Schweeeet!
  4. Ariston

Ariston New Cupcake

Still leaning Soldier. Looks like the best way to get in as much combat experience as possible to learn my class. I also like killing stuff and do not read much text quest ever.
  5. aiuradun

aiuradun Cupcake-About-Town

I still think Explorer will be my prefered path, but the others sounds appealing as well.
  6. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

Let's do science :D
  7. Lios

Lios New Cupcake

I'm thinking Settler. It's weird that Wildstar thinks it'll be the least chosen path and will attract the social people... Nothing screams solo more then just building some building in the middle of nowhere and moving on. No need for grouping up to tackle difficult fights, no need for human interaction at all. Perfect ;)
  8. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

Hey Guys,

As we've had an information release on paths I thought I'd create a thread where people can discuss what they would like to play with and why.

If you're unaware yet, choose the undecided option in the poll.

If you're confused, check this out: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/paths/

Settler here! :)
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Flunk likes this.
  10. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

Ooh I couldn't find that thread. I'll see if I can get them merged.

Thanks for informing me of that Extatica. :)
    Extatica likes this.
  11. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

No idea. Not bothered. Someone pick for me.
  12. STFware

STFware New Cupcake

Explorer! Nothing more fun then seeing/doing things other people can't. Still remember the days before cataclysm came and the only way you could reach the new zones was by doing (slightly forbidden) exploring. Awesome!
  13. Kaizan

Kaizan New Cupcake

This is my reason for disliking soldier too, its to generic from what I do in every MMO.
    Next settler, I figure everyone else will build stuff I need....bound to find someone with this path on my travels to help give them some path exp :).
    Finally explorer lost it for me with time trails--- run from A to B in 2min etc, never enjoyed those quest. Leaving the scientist....plus I get a robot. Naming him Gizmo :)
  14. Phyllo

Phyllo Cupcake

I'm going to start with explorer. All I know now though is I am going to have 3 alts all different paths xD. I want to try them all!
  15. JohnnyJHB

JohnnyJHB New Cupcake

Hmmm. I'm guessing the people who are likely to choose the Soldier path are not generally the type who would be on this forum pre-launch in any case... :p Come launch, it will more than likely be the most popular path.
  16. Munkkiman

Munkkiman New Cupcake

I feel the only way to make questing more smexy and maybe even compelling is it to make it challenging and rewarding, and therefore I will probably choose Soldier for that euphoric feel when you finally down that Elite Leveled Rare mob after dozens of wipes.

I am not going to seal the deal however, cos naturally only thing that matters is what path gives me the best opportunity to max lvl myself the fastest way possible. ITS NOT BECAUSE IM NOT PURE OF HEART ITS JUST PURE MATH HONEY

yeah I aint that much into roleplayin ._.
  17. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

I'm going to name my robot Gir from Invader Zim :D
  18. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

Soldier. While I enjoy exploration, research and crafting in small doses, I play video games for the simulated violence at the end of the day. My favorite quests in MMOs are the "kill X number of Y".

The less that stands between me and the action, the better.
  19. UNDERZZZZZ

UNDERZZZZZ Cupcake-About-Town

The new information today is exciting for sure. Makes every path sound awesome. My question for Carbine is: what is the elder game plan for paths?

I'm personally hoping for more challenging versions of what were doing. Super hard bosses for soldier, long hard jumping puzzles for Explorer, the big group events for settler and whatever for scientist.
  20. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

No it most certainly did not. Before I was settled on being an explorer/scientist. Now, I want one of each. Settlers defend the town in a "horde" mode, drop supply caches and fires in the middle of nowhere, and make taverns, because who doesn't liked booze?!?!?!?! But, the holdout missions for soldier look awesome, assassinations, and demolitions missions BOOOM...damn. The jumping puzzles looks crazy fun, scouting/spying, and SCAVENGER MISSIONS. Scientists get a little robot, what looked like logic puzzles to solve, and finding lore.

Damn you Carbine, you're making this too hard on me. I don't know which one to pick...I want them all.