1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What path will you play? [Poll]

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Kaizan, May 21, 2013.

?

Which path will you play?

1. Soldier

11.6%
  2. Scientist

32.0%
  3. Settler

19.2%
  4. Explorer

26.5%
  5. Undecided

10.7%
  1. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

Play ALL of the paths! :D
  2. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Personally, I've been torn between Soldier and the idea of the Scientist for my main, after the reveal I've gotta say it's Scientist all the way purely for the completionist in me :D.

After that it'll be Soldier, Explorer then Settler. Was really surprised by the amount of world changing power the settlers have though, it's quite awesome!
  3. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

Settlers also can make awesome looking motor bikes....
  4. Sawpaw

Sawpaw Cupcake-About-Town

Voted Soldier, sadly not because I think i looks fun, truthfully I think it looks extremely boring, the problem is I think it could be the best path for dps specs using the battle rage ability.
  5. MaxT

MaxT Cupcake

still undecided...this might be the first MMO where I will create alts. Might have four characters with 4 paths.
  6. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

Settler for me, can't wait to get building guild hubs & warplots. :)
  7. Thordran

Thordran Cupcake-About-Town

Out of what I've seen so far, I think in order of preference I would pick scientist > soldier > explorer > settler at the moment.

First run through a game, I typically want to know everything about everything, so scientist for me! First alt will probably be a soldier though, the missions that they get seem like fun.
  8. cirk

cirk Cupcake

Definitely Scientist. I enjoy lore way to much.
  9. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

Settler is making a strong case, but I think I'll go Scientist with my main, and settler with an alt.
    Azhdaha likes this.
  10. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

That will not be the case. The buffs that you will get from your paths will help out all classes. There will not be a "best" class path combo. They already said that.
  11. WildStone

WildStone Cupcake

All paths will probably have a dps boosting ability. ;)
  12. MaxT

MaxT Cupcake

healer settler (main)
    tank soldier (alt)
    dps scientist (alt)
    ... explorer (probably will not make an alt for this)
  13. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

After the EPIC WILDSTAR WEDNESDAY path drop, I figured we should toss out a poll to get a feel about where folks are leaning in their decisions?

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/paths/

Included is the link to the epic drop in case you live in a box....
  14. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

15. Sundae6AM

Sundae6AM New Cupcake

Altough I will end up doing them all, I think my main will be a scientist.
  16. Dist

Dist Cupcake

I'll try them all in the beta but just from the videos it looks like I'll be choosing Settler for my main, and maybe scientist or warrior for my first alt.
  17. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

It's common for people to post the same threads :D

You should also see how many ''new people'' thought to know the Exiles last race :p They all say the same! hahaha how many people posted that the 7th pictures in the races post of the site of Carbine shows a short male :roflamo:

@Mel
    Ask the Mod's to delete or combine this thread with the original :up:
  18. Maurodax

Maurodax Cupcake

Common indeed :)

And yeah the thread will probably be moved to the same one Kaelangs thread is in, but to make you happy i'm gonna answer your question; Settler, without a doubt, the first one will be a Settler, Solder sounds the most boring so i'll try that one last.
  19. Sawpaw

Sawpaw Cupcake-About-Town

That remains to be seen, personally I think there will be a best class/path combination for a specific spec, sure they have said they don't want there to be a reason that you have to go a particular path for a specific class/spec, but it may well turn out that in fact that is exactly what I will need to do.

OR they PROBABLY won't, I will go with won't.
    Underz likes this.
  20. Kishmet

Kishmet New Cupcake

Maybe it's just me but I feel that Carbine has not really nailed down at least the Explorer Path. The way I see it the Paths are incorporating Bartle's player traits into the game. I am an Explorer as far as Bartle goes with a fair bit of socializer in it. But to me the Explorer path in WS has nothing to do with why I (and I think several other people) explore. I explore bbecause I want to know things about the world. Vistas and the like are nice but what drives me up that mountain is to create or find a story for it.
    The waterfalls above Stormwind where nice but I did not climb them just because. I wanted to see the campsite and discover if there was something there that told me why it was there (and in lack of such invent my own theory/ story).
    So for me the problem is that the Scientist gets all the lore whereas the Explorer does all the exploration (figures...). But I'd for one like to do both and I don't see how you can make the Explorer a path people want to pick if you take the primus motor (the thirst to know things about the world) away from the exploration.

I also have my problem with the incentives behind the Soldier path (then I am not a killer), since all we do while we quest is engage in combat the Soldier path needs something extra to get people to want to pick it not just more of what you'd do anyway. That being said maybe assassination quests will be enough for me but I do think the Soldier could need some love.

Settler sounds interesting as well it just depends how it is executed. How long will the buildings stay in the world is one question. Is it tied to the claim land quests of the Explorer? Say Explorer claims land in contested zones and first then can a Settler build there etc. That would at least make it more social... and I guess the longer the buildings built stay in the world the more reason to play a Settler as you leave a mark in the world. Ofc they can't be there forever due to server load and needing content to be repeatable. But if the buildings are there too short then the impetus to play Settler is greatly diminished.

Anyway seems I am going Scientist but I would love to know if anybody else had those thoughts/ worries.