1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What path will you play? [Poll]

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Kaizan, May 21, 2013.

?

Which path will you play?

1. Soldier

11.6%
  2. Scientist

32.0%
  3. Settler

19.2%
  4. Explorer

26.5%
  5. Undecided

10.7%
  1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I'm just clarifying that soldiers can in fact sleep peacefully.
  2. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

It's really simple. I am guessing that the people that are on this forum right now are people that have many MANY years of MMO experience. From WoW to Aion, Rift, LoL, SWTOR , etc meaning that they have a lot of exp in Kill x number of mobs and grinding through the levels. After so many years of this type of game play I would expect that people would want something different.

At least that is the reason for me why soldier was just not that appealing. Been there done that. Besides I should get all the killing I want and love through Warplots, arena, and BG as well as WPvP. Plus I am one of those peole that does like to know what everything in the game works from plants, to animals, to the lore, its just what I like.

Granted this is only for this forum I am sure you will have a lot of kids and loner players who will run solider who have no problem killing stuff endlessly.
  3. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

With as intertwined as these paths have the potential of being, speaking as a Scientist, I wouldn't mind palling around with a Soldier to be honest. The more waves of mobs he calls down upon us, the more precious data my Scanbot and I can devour. It's not necessarily the play style for me, but I'm glad others find it enjoyable. :)
  4. Outburstz

That would be interesting but I think I would rather team up with an explorer for that since they can go places others can't which will definitely mean finding animal life or plant life that you would not normally be able to see is my guess.
  5. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

Indeed! I have a feeling that my Scientist is going to have to be every bit as social as any Settler would be... :p
  6. Xlugon Pyro

You have a pretty negative view of those who plan to play soldiers. I hope your view changes because it couldn't be further from the truth. Plenty of mature people will choose the soldier path because it provides them the gameplay that they want. Likewise, plenty of "kids" will populate the other paths for similar reasons.

I've been playing MMOs for the majority of life, even as far back as a time when all you could do for the most part was kill monsters or players. Even now I'm not the least bit sick of it. It's one of the main reasons I enjoy MMOs to begin with.

All of the paths look fun to me, it's just that the soldier interests me the most. If it weren't around, I would probably choose a scientist or perhaps an explorer.
  7. Outburstz

I did not mean to come off as saying that only kids would play soldier. I just meant that a lot of kids would choose soldier since it gives them a lot of killing. I have no doubt that back in my kid days that I would have played solider without a second thought.

I am sure that the soldier path will have a why range of player ages playing them. I was just trying to explain why so many people on this forum chose other paths other then soldier or at least my thoughts as to why.

I mean if I joined a guild on the forum I would be shocked if no one picked soldier ya know
  8. Xlugon Pyro

I could see that. I think the explorer and even settler will grab a lot of the "kid" demographic too though. Especially if you look at the kind of stuff in the videos from yesterday. There is some seriously cool s*** that the explorers and especially settlers can do.
  9. Scoriae

Scoriae Cupcake

Still undecided, but I'm leaning heavily towards explorer.
  10. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

:eek: I want to kill things in my sleep... :roflamo: Killing all the time...! (O_O) :devilish:

Ahem! :) #EvilFate
    Luciamund and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  11. Jackie1st

Jackie1st Cupcake

lol now I feel like being a rebel and rolling soldier.

No surprise that scientist is in the lead though since it just had a ton of new info released about it.
  12. Xlugon Pyro

I also suspect the science memes going around the internet are somewhat involved as well. People are just suckers for those things nowadays.
  13. Devisi

Devisi New Cupcake

As long as I receive a share for the money spend in my buildings, I will play the settler. If i don't, I'll play as an explorer or scientist for sure.
  14. Jonathan Fortin

Jonathan Fortin New Cupcake

Most likely will be a settler. My friends call me Bob the builder. While people dig and explore in Mincecraft or Terarria, I always stay behind and build a base camp, complete with glass windows and pressure plate doors, lol. And I put signs everywhere, they make fun of me for it, but then they get lost and find my signs.
  15. Exquise

Exquise New Cupcake

Super interested to see what path people will take and why!

I will most likely play as a Soldier because the combat in Wildstar looks fabulous! The telegraphs, lack of Targeting and the variation of mobs are extremely appealing to me!
  16. Brandon Zimmerman

Brandon Zimmerman New Cupcake

My lady and I are rolling Explorer and Scientist ... I think there will be some amazing benefits to areas that open from the explorer ... as for scientist, we want to see the in depth story. I am sure we will roll alts to see soldier and settler but when we discussed it we felt like combat is already how every game has to work so more combat does not mean a direct benefit to what you experience in the game. Settler is so unique that we were concerned so many people will roll settlers that we would be competing in the masses. Pretty sure settlers will get insane bonuses to housing and warplot creation(speculation fun) ^_^
  17. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

Leaning toward Soldier, but Settler looks really fun.

Soldier for the non-stop combat, Settler for the social aspect and general helpfulness of the class to others.
  18. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

Soldier. Assassination. hell yes.
    Xlugon Pyro and Kethrym like this.
  19. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

I'm still not sure, all of them look really cool...explorer/soldier esp, but then again for me it depends on which class I decide to play and what role so the path specific abilities actually benefit my toon...
    I guess I'll end up coordinating with the people I'll be leveling with and the rest of the guild.
  20. Xiones

Xiones Cupcake

Scientist for me cause I've always been interested in Chemistry. Even though I'll never be one, I'll still be a Game Designer. :)