1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What perks would you like to see for your path?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Mumba, May 28, 2013.

1. Nukingsman

Nukingsman New Cupcake

If you read the Path Rewards thread, there will a "Path-themed" mount. If that's the case, for the Settler I want a big truck that can hold several people that I can "taxi" them around.

They have multi-people mounts in other games, right? :confused:
    Sonntam likes this.
  2. celestria

celestria Cupcake

I like the idea of a Path-Themed mount. How about path-themed/exclusive cosmetic clothing?
  3. Domination First

Domination First New Cupcake

I think it'd be cool if a scientist could "bottle" a genetic prototype of a certain type of creature after scanning enough. could unleash them just as a cool non combat pet or have a burst combat type thing. Nothing overpowered, just for flare. Maybe even let scientists store them to attack an enemy warplot.
    Sonntam likes this.
  4. Painguin

Painguin Cupcake

Quadruple jump!
    Sonntam likes this.
  5. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

the perks are a really nice idea but you are looking at a really small section of it ...
    How about real abilities that you can use .... like attack speed increase or for a short amount of time using massive weapons that you happened to find while exploring? seems alot more useful there ....

also having a safe fall kind of means you rnt very good at platforming, as you fall often, so maybe explorer is not for you...
  6. FhaTe

FhaTe New Cupcake

I would love to be able to gain slight buffs after you do a certain "Chain"

Evade 10 atks: movement speed and attack speed increase by 5% for 20 seconds

Critical 10 atks: crit chance increased by 5% for 10 seconds, attack power on crits increased by 15% for 3 seconds.

Kill chain of 10: gain attack power and attack speed increase of 15% for 15 seconds.

Group kill: 5- AOE damage increased by 5% for 10 seconds
    10- AOE damage increased by 7% for 12 seconds, etc.

I do like the way Mabinogi does some of the perks through the use of titles, for doing some feats you can gain permanent titles, my favorite is "Slew a Bear at Age 10" it's a perma-title, but you get good stats from it.

Then there's the timed exploration titles that give even better perks, but you can only keep for 7 days from the time of the event happening. This allowed for all players to gain the title if they were diligent enough.

I would also like to have the ability to combo skills and that give a unique set of perks from hp regen to burning elemental for x seconds.
  7. celestria

celestria Cupcake

Path based abilities are a bad idea. Those things will be eigther useless, or will force people to roll certain paths just because they want some OP path ability which has no equal in their class.
  8. Genoshock

then traits are also a bad idea ....
  9. celestria

celestria Cupcake

Paths are supposed to be about "how you like to play MMOs".

From what I have seen so far the Scientist Path gives you a selfheal. And since I am planning to roll a Stalker this will come in more handy in PvP then the settler mass resurrect station.
    This is the kind of choices that I would prefer to avoid.
  10. Genoshock

where exactly have you seen this self heal? also i dont think you can just pop down a mass resurrection station just like that .... that seems more of a semi permanent feature so dont have to run all the way back to an instance for example
  11. Genoshock

oh i know that feeling ....
  12. Mumba

Mumba New Cupcake

Just because i'm no expert on it yet does not mean i don't enjoy it and want to get better :up:
    Or maybe just trying something realy realy hard that everyones has a hard time making it work.

And i am good at platforming, atleast irl. Parkour is fun!
  13. Ryth

Ryth Cupcake

An idea for Explorers - A cool jump or double jump emote. Like the Night Elf flip in WoW, which pretty much everyone who didn't play a night elf was jealous of. Explorers don't have to jump higher or more times than everyone else, but if they could jump stylishly, it would be a perk that I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy.
    Kookieduck likes this.
  14. Rizzalliss

Rizzalliss Cupcake

For the Settler, I think there should be a big sign near the entrance of added and upgraded structures within a town that list major contributors to the building, and/or, when in a town that they have put ALLOT of work into, a big ol' banner above their head that says something like 'I built this town!'

I plan to be a Settler for the sake of socialization and recognition, and that would certainly do it. ;)

But seriously, even just some small thing that provides recognition for those hard-working, under-appreciated Settlers who have built, and maintained, that shop or that tavern that you regularly use would be great.
  15. Mog

Mog New Cupcake

I want my scan bot to have legs/arms after I have collected a bunch of data +emotes for my scan bot.
  16. Galactigun

Galactigun New Cupcake

For the scientist, collecting tomes and rarities that you display as a library for an increased rest bonus would be kind of cool. The rare seed idea of eselle8 is cool; any special trade item that we could gather based on our knowledge of the plant/creature would be fun.
  17. Ryth

Ryth Cupcake

Now this is a subject ripe for speculation! I love the idea of some type of multi-person, construction oriented vehicle for the settler. What about for a flying mount?

For explorers, I'm tempted to continue the Indiana Jones theme. Maybe a sci fi update on a land rover-esque jeep and a biplane?

For soldiers, I'm thinking military courier motorcycle and some sort of menacing looking helicopter

And for a scientist, I don't know. A segway and a UFO? What do other people think?
  18. Genoshock

not sure what parkout (maybe you meant parkour? must be really good if you can't even spell it)... do you do parkour for the thrill of doing it right vs the danger of screwing up or do you just like to have a safety net?

if its the latter i feel sorry for you as you will hit a wall and well wont be able to go any further :(

if there is a safe fall then there is no sense of achievement when you actually complete the climb ... :(
  19. Kookieduck

Kookieduck Cupcake

For the explorer it would be cool to be able to leave a sign you were there in a cool spot or a hard to get place or in a secret cave. Kind of a 'Kilroy was here' thing.
  20. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

It would be nice if such secret places had a "Chalkboard" that people could sign and later people could come up and read and add their own names. One problem would be that eventually there would just be so many names on it as to become silly long. So, probably have to wipe them once a month or maybe a week. But it would be a neat way to leave messages. You could make a little scavenger hunt out of it.