1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What race will you be?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Fb62, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

Cassian, because who wouldn't go Cassian. :) The race chosen by the Eldan themselves.
  2. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

What about Mechari? CREATED by the Eldan themselves? :D

But srsly, I'm probably just gonna play a Human, either Exile or Dominion. :p People say that if you play Human it's because you don't know the lore of the other races, but really, it's just because I guess I'm Human and I enjoy experiencing the world from a Human perspective.

Some people say that they get a bit of a disconnect when playing as a different gender; for me it's playing as a different species from my own. XD

But I gotta say, Draken and Mechari just look so incredibly BAD ASS. If my main is a Human Exile, I'll probably play as either a Draken or Mechari as my Dominion alt.

*Also, I look forward to answering this question again after the last two races are revealed! I'm not even kidding, I just love polls and any opportunities to gush about the game. :p
    Jynetik likes this.
  3. Orcbum

Orcbum New Cupcake

Yes to everyone who agrees the Mechari are bad ass, because they are, and I'm so making one. Mechari Stalkers for sure--just imagine the weapons. amsnfa,mgagadsglna
  4. Balgoss

Balgoss Cupcake

My original plan was a Cassian Esper. Obviously, I didn't stick to that plan.
    My plan (For the next few hours atleast, until I change my mind again) is to play a Cassian Warrior as my main, Mechari Stalker for an alt.
    Pretty sure I will just go with something totally random once I am on the character creation screen, but yeah, that's my plan.. For now. ^.^
  5. Yianna

Yianna New Cupcake

I think i will play Exile but if the last Dominion is super interisting i might play Dominion.
  6. Rakkis

Rakkis Cupcake

Gremlin/chua race as my main(if it is indeed the last dominion race) right now spellslinger but might change with revile of the other two classes. Mechari or Garnok warrior alt.
  7. Rhynox

Rhynox New Cupcake

I'm definately going to be a male aurin. When I first saw wildstar (Not to offend anyone) I was completely turned off by the overly sexualized bunny girl. But after seeing the meet the exiles trailer, with the feral aurin? That's awesome. I'm a huge fan of feral-ness, and the scrappy male aurin, bounding around bein' all wild and whatnot... awesome. Wonder if I could make a stalker and make my char look like wolverine XD

Not sure what class I'm going for, though it's definately not going to be stalker, as much as wolverine is my favourite thing ever. One of the classes that have healing as an option for sure, hopefully there'll be an awesome melee healer revealed. Fingers crossed
  8. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

I 100% agree with you. When I first saw the trailer I was immediately disappointed, just another boob simulator like most other MMO's.
    But now of course, after seeing them in action, after seeing the Exile trailer and gameplay videos of other armor option, I'm totally in love with them.

I'm glad it's not another TERA where the only race I can play is Popori, due to being the only non-sexy race...well, except for that one outfit...
    Rhynox likes this.
  9. Orcbum

Orcbum New Cupcake

In my opinion, it's fine if playable races look good/sexy, as long as the games dont over-emphasize that particular quality. TERA overdid it; the human male's body/head ratios are laughably disproportional--their shoulder width is obscene and biceps are humongous; the Elins are basically sexualized little girls (how did enmasse get away with that <REDACTED>?); the elves are all astoundingly beautiful with very little physical flaw unless you purposefully made them that way. I think I only really enjoyed playing the Barakas and the Male Amans because they looked good and almost sexy, as they're really cool looking, but they're not like rolling their heads in ecstasy with every sword strike (Castanics I'm looking at you!)

I just wish female drakens' faces were a bit more beastial like the males of their race. Some games do this, and it's like a sort of agenda for them to always make women of all races/species humanly attractive. (Female Amans, for example)
  10. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

Guild Wars 2 got it right. Charr and Asura are vastly different from humans genetically, and as such, their female don't have boobs, and female Charr actually look fierce! And so does my Asura!:laugh:
  11. rivalcycle971

rivalcycle971 Cupcake

12. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

Draken for sure, not sure the class, i like the esper class the most so far (with they cant be). I usally suck at stealth classes and dont really care for warriors as my main, so problably gonna be a spellslingor or one of the 2 remaning classes.

I also want to play a Exile race, but i dont care for any of them so far .....

I am also surprise for the litle interess in the Granoks, i was sure the people who are into hulking warrior types would love them.......there is a lot of Nornes running around in GW2....
  13. Simokon

Simokon Cupcake-About-Town

It is so hard to choose! Why did Carbine have to make all the races (so far) really interesting :(
  14. Monarc

Monarc Cupcake

I gotta go with Mechari warrior as main, unless another melee tanky class is released. Not sure about gender yet, both look amazing, depends on animations.

Probably roll a Granok as alt if there is a different warrior-ish class to choose from, such as a paladin/guardian archetype.

But like all the other MMOs I've played I'm sure I'll play every race/class at some point. :)
  15. WildHawk

WildHawk Cupcake

Draken - Male - Warrior - Soldier or Explorer path

2nd playtrough
    Mechari - Female - Stalker (probably) - Explorer or Soldier path
  16. Zangano

Zangano New Cupcake

As with the rest, waiting on the next 2 classes and races. I'm pretty sure my Anarchist tendencies put me on the Exiles, and for now the Human, spellslinger, and scientist looks like my fit, but if the new exile race is cool or we get some sort of engineer class then I am open to changing my mind.
  17. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I'm not sure yet. If speculations are true and the Exiles get an 'undead' race that has the same cool idea as Allods Arisen, then hell yeah I'd be that in a heartbeat. I also like the idea of being a bat Aurin. The Mechari also look pretty dang cool. I'm gonna keep all my options open.
  18. Dragon[SVG]

Dragon[SVG] Cupcake-About-Town

I definitely want to be a Draken Warrior. They are like smaller tiger-like versions of the Orcs from WoW. They come to destroy and prove their might! I will probably make a Granok at some point as well. I also really want more lore on these races would help with my decision as well.
  19. Reyson

Reyson New Cupcake

Mmh, that's a hard topic we have here !

Like others, i'm waiting for missing races and classes (Carbine, make it fast ! :cry:)... That will depend on my guild if they prefer Exiles or Dominion...

If Exiles, it will be the 4th race I think (or human by default), Esper, and probably Explorer or Scientist.
    If Dominion, it will be a f***ing Mechari who will had a lot of sense of humor... But between warrior and stalker, i don't know, but it will be an Explorer.

'cause charismatics robots rules.
  20. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

I have no idea! I like all of the races honestly.

When I first discovered WildStar, I planned to make an Aurin Esper. After I decided to go Dominion instead, I switched to a Cassian Spellslinger. But with the almost certain possibility of Chua being the final Dominion race, I'm now interested in maybe playing one of those.. and who knows what classes they can be. The Mechari appeal to me also.. I've considered Draken as well...

Likely, something will just click with me once I can mess around with character creation.