1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What role will you play?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Lekore, May 23, 2013.

?

What role will you play?

1. Healer

33.8%
  2. Tank

24.9%
  3. MDPS

18.0%
  4. RDPS

23.4%
  1. Kataiser

Kataiser New Cupcake

I'm really surprised healers are so popular in this poll so far. Could just be variance, but eh.

I almost always play MDPS, but I'm leaning towards Spellslinger (or possibly Esper) DPS here. Partly because I just really like what little we've seen of their styles, and partly because (through other MMOs) I'm starting to discover that being able to see more than a boss's giant butt in raids can be pretty nice.
  2. αRomeo

αRomeo Cupcake-About-Town

t0nk, all the way, never anything else. Well maybe beside the healer or ranged dps. Otherwise, I'm always a t0nk, and it suits me just fine.
  3. Shalanigh

Shalanigh Cupcake

I enjoy tanking (either ranged or melee) more then healing, I also prefer ranged dps over melee. So I'm hoping there is a class that will let me do that. I generally like tanking more just because they're needed the most in games.
  4. Cottonspore

Cottonspore Cupcake-About-Town

Healing for sure!
  5. 5TiCK

5TiCK New Cupcake

I'll more than likely be playing a support role. Not necessarily healing, but overall support. That is because I'm not quite set on what class I will be wanting to play yet, but I do know I'll be playing it as a support, as I always tend to lean towards that in games.
  6. Earl

Earl New Cupcake

I am undecided at the moment. I'm looking for a guild that fits for me and then I will see what they need that isn't a healer... I've done it for almost 8 years and I've had enough.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

i'm always tank/healer love those 2 roles the most, but can be anything else if needed by the guild.
  8. Xander de Rooy

Xander de Rooy New Cupcake

I'll be the melee dps/ranged dps rocking the dips meters to the max while having a healing/tanking offspec. As in I still have no clue what I'm rolling. All I know is that I want a space bunny!
  9. Bolt

Bolt Cupcake

Yea, I'll still probably be rolling a healer, but something tells me tanking in this game could be a lot of fun. We'll have to see though.
  10. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Needs moar votes!

I'm surprised that melee DPS is at the bottom. It should be at the top! XD Oh well, good news for me perhaps!
  11. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

Pleasantly surprised to see all the healer love.

I gravitate toward healers first and foremost, but I have had mixed experiences with leveling them; I'm not nearly as masochistic as I was before, methinks... Alongside that role though, I also love playing the role of Crafter, with an emphasis on consumables (pots, flasks, buffs, etc.). Patiently waiting to see how WildStar will cater to that crowd.

That being said, I have a soft spot in this rodent heart for pet classes, or for a class that is really thematically different from the other classes.
  12. Lekore

Lekore New Cupcake

Healers and dps are about equal at this point. Looks like there is gonna be a shortage of tanks i can see the 40 man raids spamming chat now "LF 4 tanks 40 man"
  13. Ephemeros

Ephemeros New Cupcake

Yeah but a typical group needs more dps than tanks, usually only need one tank
  14. Azhdaha

I'd consider rolling a Chua tank actually, if WildStar incorporated their role into PvP in a meaningful way. I had fun in WAR as a tank, for example, using abilities like Taunt, Guard, Hold the Line, and Challenge to feel like I was making a bit of a difference.
  15. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

As far as I know they are going for a system similar to SWTOR (I never played WAR) - if you taunt a player then they do reduced damage to other players.
    Azhdaha likes this.
  16. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

That was why I loved playing a tank in SWTOR. It was an excellent way to make tanks more apparent in PVP and added way more strategy. It will make arena interesting for sure....

Oh, the possibilities....
    Azhdaha likes this.
  17. Azhdaha

That would be splendid - I spent far more time healing in SWTOR in PvP, but did dabble a bit with a defensively-spec'ed Tank as well for Warzones. I really enjoyed that play style, and could see myself doing that again.
  18. DrThreaded

DrThreaded Cupcake

Ewwwww all these healers stealing away the people I want to heal. Hopefully a Tank / Healer class exists so I can stay awesome 100% of the time instead.

Preferably in the Draken Monster Girl category.
    Azhdaha likes this.
  19. Red_Death01

Red_Death01 Cupcake-About-Town

The common issue that is in any mmo it seems is the tank role. Followed by the healer. Everyone wants to be that guy doing the deeps so he can be on top being pure ownage all up in this <expletive>. Really though- I would either want to be a Tank (as I have a huge background and experience in wow and rift with it.) or Melee Dps. Though- I really wonder, with the tell system in place if melee dps will be the classic "<expletive> on dps" where they need to worry about 90% more things than the range does.

Seeing the common problem with MMOs being a much needed skilled tank I'll probably gear tank first and begin dungeon farming going at insane speeds since I'll be the one in control of pulls- coupled with my healer (who will either love me or think I'm insane and cry himself to sleep...) though I'll probably find a guild to start running with quickly.
  20. DrShemp

DrShemp Cupcake

I usually end up tanking but healing with telegraphs sounds pretty challenging.