1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What role will you play?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Lekore, May 23, 2013.

?

What role will you play?

1. Healer

33.8%
  2. Tank

24.9%
  3. MDPS

18.0%
  4. RDPS

23.4%
  1. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

It's pretty awesome to see so many people going healer/tank! Myself, I'll be a DPS stalker... Cuz I like cutting people up... Silently... Without remorse :sneaky:... HAHA juuuuust kidding :p!... But seriously if you are Dominion...

[​IMG]

especially if you are Chua...
    Lekore and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  2. Split_Light

Split_Light Cupcake

Mostly ranged DPS. My first character will most likely be an Aurin Esper. As I add alts I'm sure I'll diversify, though I'm a terrible healer.
  3. Nadala

Nadala New Cupcake

I'm interested in the mechanics of healing, but I'm more likely to go ranged DPS. A spell-caster-type. What I tend to do (and what I need to do) is play the first 10 levels of all the classes and then focus on the one that grabs my attention the most.
    Kookieduck likes this.
  4. Warslyfe

Warslyfe Cupcake

Stalker DPS. The fact that the class can tank as well is nice for when I need a group for something and don't feel like waiting. That is provided you can switch between the two roles easy enough.
  5. Zilvis78

Zilvis78 New Cupcake

Go to any MMO and you'll find I have at least a main there pretty much and i've always always always played a mage of some sort or in the case of SWTOR a conselor which seemed "ish" lol Going back to D&D tabletop mage days it's something I do,though im an altaholic so i'll have one of each race in time.
    Kookieduck likes this.
  6. celestria

celestria Cupcake

I will try to make a stalker DPS/Tank Hybrid for PvP purposes. Worked wonders in SWTOR... until they nerfed me... repeatedly...
  7. Grim Fandango

Grim Fandango Well-Known Cupcake

I'm a natural born tank and raid leader. I enjoy bring responsible for my teammates and coordinating attacks, setting up assignments, and making sure everyone is having a good time.

Unfortunately, I'm *really* jonesing to play a Spellslinger. I've always loved spaghetti westerns and the classic gunfighter with a troubled past, and that fits in beautifully with a Human Spellslinger in WildStar. And while I've never cared much for healing (or, more accurately, have always sucked at it; I'm just a reactive player rather than a proactive one), I hope they can make for good battlefield controllers as well as damage-dealers.

If the rumored Engineer class turns out to be a reality, and they can be tanks, I *might* try one of those as well. It depends on how they're designed, though. I don't care for turrets and companions very much.
    Salamander Sam likes this.
  8. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Mostly DPS. Maybe try a hybrid DPS support build in wildstar and see if it works. I've been in a few games that hybrids were viable and they were fun.
    As to which class I don't know really.
    It depends on how the class feels for me. As an example I prefer more mobile classes than a class that relies on mostly abilities that will root you.

going to have to test all the classes out. :p
  9. Vulgork

Vulgork Cupcake

Wouldn't it be the other way round? Tanks/Controllers keep the fight under control making sure the enemy causes less damage in the first place (since it's hitting heavy armor instead of soft cloth), hence being proactive.

Healers stitch people back together again after they got hurt, hence reactive.

So maybe your true calling was healer all along ;)
  10. Grim Fandango

Grim Fandango Well-Known Cupcake

Nah, good healers need to already be casting/preparing their spells before the big hits come. At least in a raiding environment. I've tried it several times to very poor results. :(

And sure, tanks have to be somewhat proactive for certain things, but by and large they react to what's happening. Picking up adds, moving out of special attacks, maneuvering bosses depending on where the rest of the raid is, etc.
  11. Shimitsu

Shimitsu New Cupcake

I raided as a melee dps for a long time in WoW so that's what I chose. There's a reason it was the least picked option on your poll, though. If not done well it can be a really punishing role to play in any game. Why do damage up close and personal when you can do it safely from far away? I have confidence that the Devs won't let us melee down ;)
    Warslyfe and Mellkor like this.
  12. Dayor Knight

Dayor Knight New Cupcake

Mechari Warrior for my main character (unless the stats for another race are just absolutely superior). Playing a tank in a group/raid environment has been what I tend to excel at, even if the fight to get to that place where you are an effective raid character is a bit more work than with other classes. The only other class I might take up is a dedicated healer... there never seems to be enough of those to go around. DPS is rarely an issue in terms of having "enough" of it, where as your tanks and healers are a bit harder to come-by.
  13. Kookieduck

Kookieduck Cupcake

Altaholic! Ha ha I like that! I'm an altaholic too! I love lvling.
    Nadala likes this.
  14. Nadala

Nadala New Cupcake

Altaholics unite!! o/\o
    Kookieduck likes this.
  15. NewGuy

NewGuy Cupcake

this poll is probably the main reason why I like carbines comments about giving each class the ability to perform different roles.

I like making DPS character but most games are usually flooded with us, leaving the arguably more vital rolls of healers or tanks in the minority. With Wildstar I hope that if I ever get put in a group with too many DPS classes that I'd at least have the option to change some skills or builds around so that I could take on the tank roll if necessary.
  16. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

As it's been said, the current idea as I understand it is that each class can do two roles, primarily DPS + Tank/Healer. So yes you'll be able to do that, as I understand it the stalker has an ability that acts like a stance to put him into "tank mode".
  17. Veneska

Veneska Cupcake

I plan on primarily being a healer and a ranged dps second :) In every game I've played I have always been a healer if possible. In WoW I played all healer class types but my main was a Resto Druid.
  18. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I keep going back and forth between Healer or Tank but at this point I just have no idea. :p
    Aheadache likes this.
  19. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

I would like to try tank and probably ranged and melee dps in the beginning but will focus on 1 after working through the mechanics in the Open Beta.

~ Koni
  20. Adaleis

Adaleis New Cupcake

Gotta be healing
    keeping everyone alive when things goes horribly wrong and receiving that "nice heals" whisper is more rewarding than the loot you probably didnt get to roll on =) and actually having to line up your heals that sounds really fun =)

behind every strong tank is a stronger healer =)
    spoon likes this.