1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What sweetens a pre-order/CE for you?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Malisent, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

I'd be interested in seeing the Digital and Physical collectors editions not bundled into one - if you want both digital things and physical things then you have to buy both.

This could help alleviate costs for physical editions as well as provide better options for people who don't like the usually gimmickey digital stuff.
  2. ebakrans

ebakrans Cupcake

For me personally there are a couple things I would like to see, the most important is the key fob authentication thing, assuming that will be used in wildstar (I sure hope so!)

Physical stuff:
    Art books and sound tracks are nice, I got a mouse pad in my wrath of the lich king CE box I still use today it is probably the single best item I have gotten out of a CE. Though the ToR statue is nice.

In game:
    Mounts and mini pets! I have a slight addiction to collecting mini pets, I really do like when CE gives a pet you can't get anywhere else. Unique costume gear is always nice too.

I usually don't like CE items with stats on them as you tend to out level them in short order, though TERA had a decent system where you got a few tiers of nice items. One set you could use right away, then you got a ring or something that you could use at 20 and a neck at 30 or something like that. Why I like mini pets and mounts (as long as they scale) is you can use them at level cap. That is what I really like, being able to use my items at cap and still have them be meaningful . . . I spend way more time at cap than I do leveling up, it is nice to be able to have nice little items that can be used forever.
  3. Vague

Vague New Cupcake

I have purchased every single WoW CE except the original. I kick my self in the butt every time i see a baby panda pet or mini diablo running around. I tend to buy CEs for games i know i am going to enjoy.

Ingame-
    -I would like to see an ingame mount that has a unique skin that will only be available to CE purchasers. The mount should never be reskinned for those who missed out.
    -With the housing option being implemented, i would also like to see some kind of unique house hold item or if the devs are feeling froggy maybe a special house skin for CE purchasers.

Physical-
    -I like getting a statue or something but i was thinking with the humor of Wildstar that a simple statue wouldnt do. We need a Bobble Head!!! Every xpac that drops in the coming years can include a Bobble Head of an ingame character. These would look sweet city on my desk at work.
    -Authenticators are always nice.
    -USB drives are handy as well (as long as its 4 or more gigs)

Art books are cool, but i usually look at them once and thats it. Sound tracks are also nice but i do not need a physical copy of it. Maybe put the soundtrack on the USB as MP3s?
  4. dryiggles

dryiggles New Cupcake

For Digital items I'd like to see maybe a non-combat companion if they plan on having those, a Vehicle(Mount) of some sort only the mid level speed as I'd assume there would be a middle level ranged vehicle(mount) and max level ranged vehicle(Mount), Some sort of costume maybe for in town or non combat clothing.

For Physical a statue or a plushie of one of the main characters / authenticator / a t-shirt would love one of those as I like the ones the devs always wearing / key chain or necklace with high quality metal / Art book or a book of bits of lore / maybe graphic novel or written text only novel.
  5. Tawny

Tawny New Cupcake

I'm hoping for a Digital CE Option, preferably with a mini pet :) Art books are nice but I don't tend to collect real stuff.
  6. Blaquknite

Blaquknite Cupcake

this may have been said but this is what I would like:

• Beta access for last "closed" beta phase or last couple... when they start to want to stress test servers
    • ability to DL the game before launch (like a week) Game servers will be down but it will ease server traffic of all trying to DL at midnight of launch. AND i can log in right when servers open.
    • Maybe a Pet
    • Maybe a Mount
    Haburik likes this.
  7. Orcbum

Orcbum New Cupcake

Mechari figurine.

Please.

PLEASE.
  8. Danny Nielsen

Danny Nielsen Cupcake

I liked what eq2 did, you could create your character months before launche, so you could just jump in and play, on launche day.
    Bryce likes this.
  9. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

I should hope they do more than a mobile app for smartphones. Not everyone has one of those... >_> Myself and my fiance included. We still want the security of an authenticator though.
  10. Crow

Crow Cupcake

Things I like in CE editions:

- Poster
    - Mousepad
    - Art Book
    - Sountrack
    - Authenticator
    - Ingame pet
    - Ingame title

Doesn't have to be all of the above but a smaller combination would do.
  11. Bryce

Bryce New Cupcake

I'd love that.
  12. Lucera

Lucera New Cupcake

When I buy a physical CE, I want/expect:
    Mount (available when you reach appropriate level)
    Vanity pet
    Art Book
    Soundtrack
    Mousepad
    Cool-looking box
    Special or starting furniture (Since this game has housing. YES!)
    Costs approximately $75-85

As a bonus, I always appreciate:
    Beta access
    Head start (for name grabbing)
    Unique clothing article
    Trinket that gives a very minor stat increase for early levels
    In-game title
    Authenticator

I DON'T want:
    Some giant dust-collecting figurine that basically doubles the price of the CE -_-
    A CE that costs $100-150

Edit: HAHAHA. Vague up above suggested a bobblehead instead of a figurine. This would please me. I'd probably pay up to a $100 CE if it included that. XD
  13. Evig Pint

Evig Pint New Cupcake

Exclusive. vanity. pets.

I still run around with my panda cub in WoW.
  14. Daynejah

Daynejah Cupcake

Alright a lot of what I'd like has already been said but I'm going to say it anyway as more of a "vote" for the items

I'd like both a physical collector's edition and a digital collector's edition, but Carbine this does not allow you to think to yourself oh we have a special $70 digital thing now our real CE can be $250.... Make two physical CEs if you want to have some uber fabulous edition.

Digital Items
    Vanity Pet, Mount, Items for houses, Costume/Neat skin for weapon, Interesting character affects-i.e wings in Diablo

Physical Items
    • Artistic Map of Nexus-(My Skyrim map looks beaute in my living room)or ohhh they could do some sort of miniature globe since it's a planet and all
    • Key-chain of W* logo or hey the globe could be a key-chain too
    • Statue/Figure-I like the idea of a statue but make it something that would appeal to everyone or have different versions
    • Poster
    • Mousepad
    • Plushie
    • Random loot card that could give you something extra special in game
    • "Postcards" from Nexus
  15. Shadoan

Shadoan New Cupcake

I'll sing it to the heavens in every forum possible... Please, please, please no physical stuff. I'm an adult, an adult who prefers button ups, sports coats and slacks to t-shirts and caps. I will never wear a video game related t-shirt or cap/beanie under any circumstances and I will never have a buddy over to grill out and have a beer with and point out my awesome toy statue of whatever uber boss was decided upon to toss into the CE. Nor will I display any maps or posters or sit around listening to the game soundtrack (I mean seriously, we will be listening to the soundtrack for hours at a time on a daily basis while playing, right???) I WILL however pony up that extra 40-100 bucks for a CE to get an exclusive mount that looks insanely cool and is faster than the average mount at the same level or a larger or different house model than the guy next door... something tangible and useful in game that's unique. That being said, I agree with previous posts about any digital item that gives any kind of edge or aide in combat being a big no-no. I know this is all personal opinion but I always feel alienated when a CE contains a few 5 dollar items like mouse pads and posters i.e. stuff we can order from the website or pickup at best buy. I feel I am paying a surplus to get a unique and mind blowing experience.
  16. Deadite

Deadite New Cupcake

I rarely take physical items out of the box, so I usually go for digital editions but that said with the original Dawn of War I got a nice solid metal keychain which I still use to this day.

Mostly for me it's the usual ones... soundtrack (lossless preferably), a few cosmetic things in game but prefer no boosters or advantage items that skew the levelling rate or make early levels too easy.

But really the killer one is small headstart to avoid the rush and/or guaranteed beta access because like most here I am dying to play this game as soon as I can!
  17. Teehk

Teehk Cupcake-About-Town

I know this might seem far fetched right now but maybe a round trip ticket to the "future" carbinecon or ncsoftcon which is not a spinoff to blizzcon >> in the ce
  18. Teehk

Teehk Cupcake-About-Town

Sounds like someone is ashamed to be a gamer :(
  19. Shadoan

Shadoan New Cupcake

Ashamed? Just because I choose to dress/decorate differently then I did when I was 14 doesn't mean I'm ashamed to proclaim my gamerness :)
  20. Crucifer

Crucifer Cupcake-About-Town

A Collector's Edition Butler for my House....who caters to my home / needs while I'm away.

Or for Fan Service...a Maid....

I'll go a step further... since this game likes humor.... a Butler or Maid riding this goat...maintaining my plot:

[​IMG]
    Slashrawr likes this.