1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What sweetens a pre-order/CE for you?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Malisent, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Chosenxeno

Chosenxeno Cupcake-About-Town

The ability to start at level 60 in "raid ready" gear.:)

All kidding aside, I tend to steer clear of these. I will buy the "extras" at later date if, I've decided that I like the game, and they are offering the option to do so.
    Khrusky likes this.
  2. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

I think i'd like to see different types out Ce packages. some people like physical items and some digital..i personally would like to have a CE with a lot of housing supplies! I'd rather have a ton of in game exclusives rather than have a plastic figurine lol that's just me though
  3. C1d0s

C1d0s Cupcake

In-game exclusives like mini pets, in W*'s case probably housing items, and certain other collectible / vanity items are usually what lure me in. I get nervous at the site super exclusives, like entire sets or turbo mounts. As well, I don't really prefer physical items unless it's something particularly useful or unique.
    Azhdaha likes this.
  4. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, making Collectors Edition actually a collectors item would be a good step to me wanting to get it.
  5. Kyrios

Kyrios Cupcake

I did like the demon head with a black stone usb in it from Diablo 3, but I would prefer in game items, that offer no true benefit, and just looked good, A demon head helm, or glowing cape, (that are lvl1 no stats, or in wardrobe)
  6. C1d0s

C1d0s Cupcake

That's my idea of useful. If you're going to give me real stuff, at least make it something that we'll actually use, like a flash drive or something.
  7. Jojin

Jojin Cupcake-About-Town

I like useful real items, like a security token. The fluff stuff I prefer in game.
  8. Draahl

Draahl Cupcake-About-Town

NOTHING that improves your gameplay, i want the following.

• A figurine
    • A lore book
    • 3 months subscription(or money in the cash shop if there is one)
    • A pet that no1 else will have except the CE buyers.
    • A mount no1 else have except the CE buyers.
    • Authenticator.
    • Map over the current world(so i can have it on my wall)
    Not saying we should have all that, but those is something i would definatly consider to buy the CE.
    Psistorm likes this.
  9. C1d0s

C1d0s Cupcake

One thing I loved about SWTOR ( Wow, that's even hard to type ) was how it came with an authenticator in the CE preorder.
  10. Valin

Valin Cupcake

+1

But I would also like an ingame title.
  11. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

I don't think I could really add anything to that list, this covers pretty much my wants as well. And I fully agree, no gameplay benefit whatsoever. The ONLY thing I could see in that line of thought might be a 2-day headstart or something, but this should just extend to all preorders, not just CE.

Another non-gameplay thing I would like: A really fancy/exotic box. Few games do that, but I'd quite enjoy having a nice piece to display as well.
  12. knightwolf

knightwolf New Cupcake

I always get ce for every game I get since WOW BC. I think 2 lvls of ce would be nice. 1 with digital items that you ca can get from digital dl or in store purchase via a card with code and a 2nd ce that would come with the digital items plus a pphysical item like a statue or somthing. This way it would cover both the ppl that only like the digital items and also the ones that like to have the physical items. Iexpect the prices to be about 60 for the reg game 100 for the delux edition and 150 for the ce.
  13. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

I'm all for making of dvd and art book, Wildstar is pretty let me show it off with a book. I totally ate up the progression with metal maw, a dvd of different parts of the pipeline is really neat.

Authenticator, some type of poster/ beauty map.

I'm always torn when they are 2 sided and I need to choose which side wins out.
    Thay brings up another neat idea a dual Dominion/Exiles recruitment poster.
  14. nednerb

nednerb New Cupcake

• Access to all beta events
    • Name reservation
    • Game time
    • Authenticator
  15. Jojin

Jojin Cupcake-About-Town

I was just thinking, seeing Nexus is just now being settled by everyone, I would like to see a pre-order emote.

To go along with other historical references, I think it should be a flag planting emote. Something to signify, as pre-orders, the players were some of the first.
  16. Octopusbread

Octopusbread New Cupcake

I don't get why people put a bunch of money into a game they haven't played yet.
  17. Ethos

Ethos New Cupcake

Vanity stuff that doesnt really do anything but make me feel like slightly more of a special snowflake. Mounts, pets, an on-use item that sparkles for a few seconds...
  18. Red_Death01

Red_Death01 Cupcake-About-Town

Pre-Ordering:

-Early Access/Head Start (Preferably 3-5 days)
    -Vanity Pet/Mount

...Really, I would only be interested in digital earnings.
    To be honest I would likely pre-order it should I get a head start. Since it would give me a slight edge over the drones of other players that will likely either A. Know nothing about the game and just impulse bought or something or B. Let me situate and learn the areas quickly with less giant drones of massive players on the servers causing a wave of death in the zones.... Only to see the tide rolling in as I rush to higher levels.

CE:

I personally never buy them. There isn't anything physical I want in something that is very much a digital type of product.
  19. quivers

quivers Cupcake

i just hope that at some point a collectors or ultimate edition appears with immediate beta access. carbine could make so much off this since people are super desperate for access atm. a simple Google of WTS/WTB Wildstar beta shows people are willingly buying accounts for up to $450+ stress test keys alone went for $130 with the hope it turned into a CBT key later on.

but aside from that i dunno maybe a exclusive title, mount, whatever hybrid model currenty they got, headstart etc. I'm a bit wary of physical editions these days as a lot of recent mmos have taken there sweet time getting here to Australia (eg defiance took up to 3 weeks after release). that and i managed to be lucky enough to score one of the ark kits from the LND childs play event so i got a bunch of physical stuff already on its way (hoodie, bracelet, signed poster etc)
  20. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

I know that maybe this sounds silly but maybe a movie like long video with interviews and footage from Carbine offices while people are working and meetings were they discuss about the game.

I am so in love for the game that i would like also to see how people are working and what happened until the released the game:)

Something like a storyline from the games first day to the launch day.