1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What sweetens a pre-order/CE for you?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Malisent, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

Ditto this. Exclusives (including vanity items, housing bits, mini-pets, and even character appearances) are enough to draw me in. The books are fine and dandy, but just give me a nice, high-quality PDF and I'll be fine. A soundtrack, especially for WildStar, would be great, but I'm completely fine not having a physical disc.

I don't care about plastic figurines, books, mouse pads, cloth maps, etc. Mini-pets that aren't otherwise available (and aren't just palette swaps) = priceless. :D
  2. Slashrawr

Slashrawr New Cupcake

My vote is for a teddy-bear sized plushie of this adorable little fella. I will hold him, and pet him, and squeeze him... and I will call him George.
    Nayukhuut`Chet likes this.
  3. Sanja Melody

Sanja Melody Cupcake

What i would love to see:

osmetic items:
    Like a mount with different looks. A mini pet which doesn't help in combat or something like that.
    A physical box:
    Is a must so i can put it somewhere and showoff.

Soundtrack: I love listening to game soundtracks and i would love to put something on while i'm making food or something like that to set up an atmosphere in my house.
    Posters: Posters everywhere and would be awesome if it was signed but not overdone it with autographs. I hate having a really cool poster but the guy who signed it wrote his name all over the damn thing and ruins the picture, something like in the bottom right corner or something like that.
    A book: Containing concept art, maps over the areas, your thoughts while creating the areas, your goal when creating certain thing, kinda like the book we got with the WoW one.
    A unique thing they put in from the actual game itself: Plushies, coins, Pillow, T-Shirts, Action figures or anything you could use in real life.

What i would hate to see:

Convenience items: I have friends that brags, and i hate when in a group with a friend he can do that 1 thing i can't so he has to wait on my to get there. Let's say a quicker hearthstone. So when 15 minutes pass he just hearthstones to the city and i have to run there. If we are out and questing and i have to go back and sell all the time when he has more space in his inventory. All those small things that makes him have to wait on me because i'm poor and he spent more money on the game. It kinda ruins the fun of leveling together.

Combat related items: I don't want a pay to win model in any way, and Carbine have stated that it's not going to happen so i don't even have to discuss this.

In game hats: I've played enough TF2 to know where this is going.

Anything that could annoy another player: The train from WoW that people threw in the auction house to make everyone go. "/train" or just things that is too flashy and fills up 50% of your screen.
  4. epiksheep

epiksheep New Cupcake

With the advantage 3d printers offer nowadays, I think a coupon for a figurine of your character, good for one year would make an excellent collector's edition incentive.
    Nicodemus likes this.
  5. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

I love this idea. Always wanted to get a print of a 3d model. If they could make a deal with a company. This would be unique to wildstar
  6. Mazaik

Mazaik New Cupcake

I'm a big fan of all things vanity for the pre-order/CE group. You don't want anything game breaking to go out to those who were on the bandwagon first, but something vanity wise is a must. Maybe something for your house, maybe a title, maybe a pet, as long as it doesn't break the game and induces envy by all the late to enter kids, thats what I want in my pre-order swag.
  7. Dragon

Dragon Cupcake

I'm always a fan of vanity in-game items, but for this particular release I'm most interested in an art book. The bigger and thicker, the better. Heyoooo...
  8. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

Do you guys think we will see

Normal (maybe 1 day head start) at around £30
    Digital Deluxe (maybe 3 days head start) at around £ 45/60
    CE (and maybe 5 days head start, tho think both CE and DD should both be 3 day) at around £80/95 (once its get more I tend not to buy them)
    on Pre-order
  9. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Do keep the discussion off of payment models, please. </Mod Monocle>
  10. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

Yeah, time will tell.
  11. Silas Jasar

Silas Jasar Cupcake-About-Town

For the sake of the thread I suggest not discussing different payment models. Just talk about the cool preorder stuff we could get like 5 day head start, a statuette of a granok, and an art book. Digital items include space pigs lol.
  12. ReapRHTB

ReapRHTB New Cupcake

Is this whole thread not about that very topic the fact that OP has listed prices for a game does that not imply a payment model?
  13. Chooby

Chooby Cupcake

I am 100% against head starts. I fully plan on getting a collector's edition of some sort but I don't like segregating the community of players like that. If everyone pays the base amount of what the developers want for entry into their game, they should all get to play at the same time.
  14. Reikad

Reikad New Cupcake

Preorder exclusive bonuses are bad form, especially early access, and I really don't like the idea of buying unique items when they could be put in game as a reward for some annoyingly hard content instead.

Hopefully we'll be able to buy a boxset that gives the cool fluff like maps, posters, lore books, art books/OST cds with interviews from the artists and composer, belt buckles, christmas crackers, fridge magnets, etc; although things like that are usually saved for a GotY edition.
  15. Jojin

Jojin Cupcake-About-Town

I like the head start and entry separation based on pre-order or purchase of an upgraded package.

This is mainly because for a good launch there needs to be some entry spacing; not everyone should get on exactly at launch. Otherwise, things are too crowded and it feels like a fight to find monsters, not to mention performance issues.

If it wasn't done through types of purchases, then it would be random, which would be worse I think.
  16. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

I removed the posts about it so it seems weird out of context, which I understand. I let the warning stand so it doesn't happen again.
  17. Chooby

Chooby Cupcake

That's not true at all, first of all, they will have a ton of servers on launch. Secondly, the first few zones are instanced and player capped so there shouldn't be too many problems or lag. This is why they are putting a huge emphasis on the stress tests so that they can make sure everything goes smoothly at launch.

If everyone is paying for the same game, they should be able to play at the same time.
  18. Issh

Issh New Cupcake

I like CE editions with early access personally.
  19. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I don't care if DD/CE has a headstart but if either do, I sort of have to buy it then. It's an obvious money-grab strategy and I knowingly fall for it. It's too good to pass up.

I don't know about prices. I can't speak for European prices either, but usually DD versions are 10-20$ more than the standard box or digital version. CEs tend to be a bit more but the prices I've seen CEs go for vary significantly.
  20. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

I would buy something between Digital Deluxe and Collectors edition.

I would really like if DD and CE have the ability to play at beta and also have a bit of headstart.I will not talk about what will be really nice to have inside those editions cause there is an other thread that can be found here:
    What sweetens a pre-order/CE for you?

I have a feeling that we will have an announcements about pre-orders and payment model at this E3.