1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What sweetens a pre-order/CE for you?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Malisent, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

That will protect my account nicely yes. I add the authenticator to my wishlist too!
    Malisent likes this.
  2. Gray

Gray Podcaster

To date I've shelled out for one CE in my history of MMO's and that was the Warhammer Online CE.

The feeling of a huge box of goodies is a great one and I do like the idea of CEs, I'm just unlikely to go for them.

Gray's Fantasy Land Collector's Edition includes...
    • In game mount: The only hoverboard that will ever be created in Wildstar :)
    • A poster to hang in my cubicle
    • A replica of the currency
    • A making of DvD ( I love that stuff)
    • A thank you letter
    • Beta access
    • Digital download
    • 2 friend passes to send to gamers so they can trial the game
    Teehk, Daynejah, bitbandit and 3 others like this.
  3. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

I was thinking that I'd love to see some blurring between IRL and in-game content in the collector's edition.

For example, in my collector's edition box, I'd love to get an envelope from Dorian Walker where inside there are two sheets of paper. The first is a rubbing of an ancient eldan script that Dorian tells us is only decipherable by finding the codec located on the treasure map that is attached to the letter. By searching out the hidden area, you can decipher the text that points to some cryptic lore. It's like a hidden quest that is only available to those who actually have the collector's edition!

I'd also really enjoy other pieces of bric-a-brac found on board Gambler's Ruin which could include crude children's books telling the tales of Serrick Brightland, or even a facsimile of the Exile Accords.

Perhaps other things that deal with the Dominion... although right now I don't know what that would be.
    CRB_Gortok likes this.
  4. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

the CE I got in last year Diablo 3. I love the extra real stuff that comes with CEs. for GW2 I only got the digital deluxe edition in which you only get the digital extras because I did not want Rytlock :p

Also got the ultimate pack for Marvel Heros but that does not come with any RL stuff but the digital extras where amazing with exclusive costumes and permeant magic find + XP boosts. For prison architect i paid to support them enough to get posters and an art book etc..

So the best things about CEs is the real world things you get with them artbooks, DVDs, trinkets, statuettes etc..

For the people who just want the digital stuff, a digitial deluxe edition of the game would do for them.

Also have the a digital game avalible to the collectors edition buyers so they don't have to wait for the box to be delivered to install the game since the box could take time to be delivered. I remember my friend had to wait for her SWTOR CE and missed a few days. Also I think I remember similar problems for those who bought the GW2 CE.

So please Carbine have a nice Wildstar CE I would like to support you. :D

@Blackwolf - I like the idea of including a hat in the CE (maddog would be happy) but t-shirts would be difficult because of sizes.

Carbine sell all that in a online store *hint**hint* ;)

Imagine having faction themed CEs 1 for exiles 1 for dominions?
    No no no don't do it .. it will be to tempting to double dip :cry:
    trinkets from both factions in it like you suggest would be better
  5. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

From this old thread, which probably has a bunch more suggestions, too. :p

Adding to this, a Metal Maw collectible instead of the Trailer Trio... and I have no idea how I neglected to mention the soundtrack - whether the full one or just a "best of" type of thing.
  6. Malisent

Malisent Cupcake-About-Town

Whoops.. I looked for an existing thread before posting. Unfortunately, I searched for the term 'pre-order', as that's what I was thinking about when I started the post :notworthy:
  7. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

For Pre-order:
    • Authenticator for my iPhone - I expect such to be free, because security is in everyone interest, just saying I do not want it as an afterthought, that I have to wait for outside by my snailmailbox).
    • Pre-release character name tag.
    • 3-7 day pre-release access.
    • Founder tag on the official forums.
    • A gift card redeemed into cash shop currency (if there is cash shop). Anyways, a small cash shop currency gift card is a good way to get people to try out a cash shop - if there is any.
    For normal Edition:
    • A free month sub, as per usual.
    For a Deluxe Edition:
    • A bigger inventory bag - bag issues is the #1 annoyance I have when starting out :notworthy:
    • A family racial concept heirloom chest to put down in the house (containing a set of appearance outfit designed for RP founder anniversary galla balls, and random small accessories for the house, maybe even an upgrade to a house convenience item).
    • Extra free sub month (if there is sub...) or another gift card redeemed into cash shop currency (if there is cash shop) - or both.
    • Depending on the social community tools, earlier access to the unlimited version (if chats are something people have to earn access to).
    • # free tickets to premiers at the ProtoStar cinematic theater on the mother ship :inlove:
    For additional activities:
    • Closed beta vehicle /can't use until learned to use vehicles/mounts :D
    • Open beta vanity pet /can't use until licensed to have pets :rolleyes:
  8. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Yes! protostar stuff!
    I may be biased because my posts are sponsored by that company :p but I would love some protostar "swag" lol
    16bitbandit likes this.
  9. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

I think we'll survive with a duplicate thread. Don't worry. ;)
  10. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Personalized passports to Nexus, sort of like the cards Star Citizen did for their backers. Something you could put in a wallet and show it off when needed because I'm nerdy like that. :)
  11. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

I'll order one for my android systems then! ;-)
    16bitbandit and Malisent like this.
  12. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

...........:( haz a sad :cry:
    .....but....
    Poster
    Signed copy of in game artwork
    Choice of guild name reserved
    a hat (of course)
    maybe a pet or mount
    an ingame hat
    a hat for my ingame pet
    a hat for my real life pet (Yes thats what I mean Zhen :))
    Coffee Mug - essential probably the thing I have with me the most all day - even before clothes ;)
    Aurin bath towel - signed by Tara :D (<---thats not grinning enough)
    Piece of Granok slate celebrating Starfall
    Small Loftite crystal as a night light
    Granok 'Sarge' alarm clock
    Tommy Hilfiger 'Buck' leather jacket
    One of those small red spider droids as a desk toy, maybe use as a pencil sharpner
    Anything by the Eldans, literally anything an Eldan toenail clipping even :sick: (Need....to....know....more......)
    Bucks goggles, would look just fine in my open top sportscar :)
    Stemdragon iced tea pot, neck could be the pouring spout with like a mouth that opens....well you know what I mean.
    .......I will stop now :)
    16bitbandit and JarNod like this.
  13. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

One thing I will add, that hasn't mentioned in other threads is different levels - provide a "cheap" digital pre-order option so even the most frugal gamer can get a little bit of specialness ingame!
  14. Ingsoc

Ingsoc Cupcake-About-Town

I really appreciate it when game producers do this. It's nice to be able to opt for a lower priced Digital CE when you have little to no interest in the physical extras that are included in a traditional CE. High-end CE's can also get a bit pricey when you have multiple gamers in the family.
  15. Guitarist

Guitarist New Cupcake

I like early Beta Access and a cool looking Figurine always helps.
  16. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

Great thread idea!

First and foremost, a realistic price for a digital collector's edition. Another $30 bucks above the standard edition is a bit absurd. It would be nice if the only difference in digital and physical collectors editions are the items included in the box. If you want to see how NOT to do it. Look at SWTOR. Man was I sad that I got roped into buying the digital collector's edition. Basically, have the physical cost more than the digital because it includes all the in-box items like statues, art books, making of DVDs, etc. Have the in-game items be the same.

Sorry, had to rant a bit. As for what I would like to see. Hrm, I think I will include some pre-order stuff too.

Pro-Order Specific Perks
    Beta/Early access: Huge selling points for me right there

Name/Guild name reservation: great idea that was implemented in a few recent games

Everything Siega listed!

Digital Items
    Exclusive Mount: I'm always game for an interesting mount. Although, if the riding cost is going to be the high priced item, a voucher for one (or more if you so desire) free riding skill would be interesting. I for one would pony up a bit more the game at purchase if it meant not having to spend all I have to get a riding skill.

Housing Items: Some unique aesthetic or functional (read as HUGE GUN, lol) items for player housing would be nice.

Physical Items
    I have honestly never bought a physical collector's edition. Firstly though, as mentioned above, all the items that come in the digital edition.

Authenticator key fob: I hope that there is an Android version for my phone like most other games but having a physical one in the box would not hurt.

DVDs/Art books: Everyone I know who buys the physical editions loves that stuff. I would say you cannot go wrong there.

Hrm, I will have to think about this more....as if my post wasn't long enough.....
  17. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

I choose mount/vehicle!

Hoverboard.
    Loftitle bicycle.
    Superspeed shoes.
    Giant hamster ball.
    Bantheera likes this.
  18. Kahlan

Kahlan Guest

There are a lot of great ideas here!

My experience with buying Collector's Editions is that physical items are lackluster. My partner and I jokingly refer to our SWTOR CE's as ottomans and we swore we would never buy another one, no matter how excited we were for a game. Practical, in-game benefits (not game-breaking ones) could certainly change my mind. So, I'll echo some of the previous suggestions and add a couple of my favorites from other games:

+ Beta Access
    + Headstart
    + Name Reservation
    + Larger Inventory
    + Authenticator
    + Mount
    + Founders Title for the Forums
    + Making Of Wildstar DVD
    + Access to Special In-Game Vendors (cosmetics, pets, mounts, etc; )
    + Item which grants access to bank while exploring
    + Shorter cooldown on Hearth/Teleport
  19. Kahlan

Kahlan Guest

@Guide Hamster ball! Lol. Hilarious. I want one.
  20. Ingsoc

Ingsoc Cupcake-About-Town

Headstart access is something I prefer to see tied to pre-orders, rather than which version of the game you buy. Just my opinion though.
    cali likes this.