1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What sweetens a pre-order/CE for you?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Malisent, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

An authenticator, art book, a mini statuette ( maybe of an exile ship with its stand being the wildstar logo !) and a cosmetic minipet ingame , maybe a mount.

But the first two above all. Security is important.
  2. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

One of my favorite ever items I got in a Collector's Edition was the backpack Cole McGrath wears in inFAMOUS. (I've used it quite a bit as well!) God, I love those games. :D (I swear, if I have a son, I'm naming him Cole.) I super love the figurine as well. Got him sitting on my desk. :]

[​IMG]

I really like name reservations, and I too took advantage of that in The Secret World. Early access helps.

Oh, and althoguh I didn't get this (on account of finding out about Ni No Kuni too late), I would have absolutely died to have had the Wizards Companion book:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's so long and filled with so much good stuff! Any books, especially art books, are great. :)

I guess I like a lot of physical stuff. XD Get me some swag!
    Kurik Lein and Elsie like this.
  3. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

This is the kind of thing that attracts me to purchasing a physical CE. I am a real sucker for soundtracks and cloth maps. I just love maps. Another thing that would get my attention is something that is a 'piece of the game' like replica coins and the like.
  4. Ingsoc

Ingsoc Cupcake-About-Town

I'm sure Protostar would be willing to sell you a guaranteed authentic* Nexus rock!

*Note - Actual rock may or may not be from Nexus.
  5. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

An authentic Nexus rock ? With a certificate of authenticity?! Sign me up.

( In all seriousness that would be an awesome paperweight - although those are going a bit out of style what with the paperless trend )
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  6. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Oooh, a cloth map would be great! I've never owned one, but the Borderlands 2 Pandora map seemed awesome. So, it would be amazing to own a cloth map of Nexus.

Darn that Protostar and it's questionable authentic wares...
    Yakzan likes this.
  7. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

In game unique fluff. Something I can only obtain by purchasing a CE, specifically appearance gear. I dont care much for physical items. Usually I just look at it for the first couple days I get it and then its on the floor, shelf, or closet to be forgotton about.

also, discounted cash shop currency.
  8. arnold

arnold Cupcake-About-Town

The diablo statue for D3 CE was completely awesome imo. An authenticator, art book, maybe soundtrack? Something vanity for in-game, I also loved the wings from D3. Pets are alright, but not my favorite thing. I'd love some swag like a lanyard or some stickers, tshirt would be awesome but would be a pain because of sizes. EGA if that's going to be a thing, definitely.
  9. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

Someone earlier mentioned a loftite nightlight. MAKE THIS A THING
    Kataryna likes this.
  10. Ayr

Ayr Cupcake-About-Town

Anything with a book or a lot of paper in it I usually won't buy. I think it's wasteful, but won't go all Greenpeace on you.

For me I'd only buy a CE if it had digital content that I could look at on an iPad or get ingame bonuses. The early naming bonus mentioned was a nice idea. Some costume or item skin (that you could use to reskin an armor set) would be tempting.

I don't need a box though, just mail me a CE code to apply on a website is enough for me.
    Ingsoc likes this.
  11. Draogon

Draogon Cupcake-About-Town

Early name option
    Early access
    Title
    Special mount (that can only be used at the normal stage, not release)
    Other fluff

If its physical copy I want the game code to emailed to me so I can get it all downloaded.
  12. Hope

Hope Cupcake-About-Town

I'm a huge fan of art books (and posters) filled with gorgeous concept art. Same for "making of" behind-the-scenes bonus DVDs, usually it's pretty interesting to see how the games were made. Authenticators are a nice plus too. Also, soundtracks are generally nice, but perhaps it's time to move away from a classical CD format, I'd rather have them in digital form... on a custom USB stick!

As for in-game stuff, a unique title, maybe a special non-combat pet or mount. Definitely cosmetic stuff only, like a little extra bag or bank space or an outfit.

Early access or head start is a must have.

What I don't care much for are statues. Sure, they are exciting when you get them but after a while they just end up collecting dust. I'd really prefer if they sold them separately, so those who like collecting them could still get them, but they wouldn't unnecessarily increase the price of the CE for the rest of us.
  13. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

An art book and a Soundtrack. I also love "Making of" stuff!

And in game stuff, especially cosmetic things you can keep using without gimping yourself. Unique pets, titles, that sort of stuff.
  14. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

come to think of it, I do have a thing for art books as well. Probably the only physical items in collectors editions that I actually keep and come back to time and time again. Still have my Guild Wars 1 art book and still look through it, probably my most treasured CE item.
    Ender likes this.
  15. iago

iago New Cupcake

I have never purchased a collector's edition of anything, largely because I don't want the physical stuff.. boxes, books, posters.. it's just stuff that will clutter up my life. :) I moved recently and I cleaned out a lot of little cardboard boxes and CD jewel cases, all of which felt like a waste of cardboard and plastic. I know a lot of folks dig the doodads that CE's provide, and more power to them, but I personally just want the practical in-game stuff at an appropriate price.

Beta and head-start access of some sort has become pretty much standard for pre-orders and special additions. I think the name reservation thing is a great idea. Including an authenticator with a CE order would be great perk, as well. (So, okay, one physical thing.. heh).
  16. Rakkis

Rakkis Cupcake

Cool statue like the Dragon in skyrim CE box. The thing if I dont think it looks cool, then i'm not getting it. Art books as well they're pretty bad ass. The most important fact though if I have money to get it though.
  17. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

Cloth map is where it's at. Sadly I lost my UO map somewhere in one of my many moves.

Other things of interest would be:
    Authenticator - sad that we need this but as stated by others, it is a must
    Beta access - probably can't let everyone in the closed beta that preorders but I like how GW2 handled that with their beta wave weekends and stress test dates.
    Headstart - The soon we get to play the better :)
    Comic book - would be cool to maybe have a story leading up to the events of the game (big lore nerd here)
    Titles - I love me some titles
    Mechari power core - perhaps I can configure my car to run off of it and save some money on gas.
  18. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

I'd love an authenticator (please make these available!), early access, name reservation, art book, and/or in game fluff like a cosmetic pet or title.
  19. Hope

Hope Cupcake-About-Town

I still have one of those too... somewhere! I remember it came with a custom "UO" pin too.

Pretty generous for something that came out like 15 years ago. :)
  20. Slyndria

Slyndria Cupcake-About-Town

Early access to me is always the most important, so I can get ahead of the curve.

Entry into beta is one of those issues I can go both ways on!