1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What sweetens a pre-order/CE for you?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Malisent, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

Vanity Pets, mounts, or titles. Basically anything I can always use to show off what an elitist I am.
  2. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

Character at max level and a cookie.
  3. The Fiery Fox

The Fiery Fox New Cupcake

I like to see something that lets you try out one of the beta weekends so you can start to get a taste and understanding of how the game works. I also enjoy something that lets you look a bit snazzier at early levels or maybe some cool looking mounts or pets.
  4. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Phineas minipet that talks to you and randomly gives you sales pitches while you are questing around :inlove:
    Risetta, Zilvoran, Jeremy and 3 others like this.
  5. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

I tend to go for digital CE for most MMO's I play simply because I believe it supports the developers better (I could of course be wrong on that) as well as giving me some digital 'fluff/toys' to play with.

That being said Pre-launch access (not necessarily beta, head start is fine) to avoid the massive rush on launch day is normally what I value most.

After that then mounts/convenience items like bags etc are probably the most valued with the cosmetic fluff/minor stat items/pets etc after that. Would go digital CE simply for the early start though if I'm honest, the rest is always nice but by no means essential for me.
    SiegaPlays likes this.
  6. Gazimoff

Gazimoff Cupcake-About-Town

This is my wishlist.

Digital CE:
    • In-game Pet (maybe one of those little spider-robots from the cinematic trailer or similar)
    • Title
    • Early Access
    Physical CE:

• 'Piglet' spaceship statuette
    • Protostar Corporation Loyalty Card (does nothing, just looks cool)
    • Art Book
    • Paper or Cloth Map of Nexus
    And then, there are community gifts. Something to reward everyone who's a fan of the game.

• In-game soundtrack on Spotify & Pandora
    • Documentary making-of videos on Youtube
    Nym and ObliviousPrime like this.
  7. Zinn

Zinn Cupcake-About-Town

The most important perk for me in a pre-order is early access. I have always liked to level quickly and level in basically empty zones. To level quickly and efficiently one needs to get away from the masses as quickly as possible. I generally do not buy CEs but I will if it gets me into game a few days early.

Although I do miss the cloth maps. I still have my EQ1 cloth map.
  8. John

John "That" Cupcake

A Wildstar themed gaming mouse, or even just a Wildstar mousepad...something that I would actually use or see when I play the game.
  9. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

Perhaps its been mentioned, but maybe a unique piece decoration for your house/warplot thing.
  10. Loveless

Loveless Cupcake

I'd like to see faction specific CE rewards, regardless of whether they be physical or digital.

If they are digital... "cute" pets that follow you / stay in your house. A goofy pug wearing goggles and a brown leather collar for the Exiles pet, and a pompous, noble looking obese house cat with an expensive collar for the Dominion.

Make them them a 'purchase' item later (for fans who join late / changed their mind) that can be used toward your sub fee / a charity so it doesn't seem like a microtrans.
  11. FluidD

FluidD Cupcake-About-Town

If i buy full blown 150-200 dollar CE I usually expect a statue of something wicked, some art/music, and a how it was made kind of book.
    In game I usually would expect a headstart or beta access+mount(s) and titles. But the physical stuff is what i buy CEs for. I got alduin up there with my flaming sword charr ^.^ I cant believe i forgot that kittys name
    Rakkis likes this.
  12. Nym

Nym Cupcake-About-Town

hmm lets say the game retails at $50

$70-$80 = Digital Collectors
    • In-game Pet(s)
    • Title
    • Early Access
    • Name Reservation
    • Mount
    • Vanity Clothing
    $125 - $150 Physical CE:
    • All the Digital Stuff
    • Cloth Map of Nexus
    • Statue Exiles ship
    • Authenticator Key-fob
    • Art Book
    • Protostar Corporation Loyalty Card (Great Idea Gazimoff)
  13. Bantheera

Bantheera Cupcake

I would really love to have some kind of statue to put outside of my house in game. Like a statue of Dorian Walker, the ship in the cinematic, or a massive statue of the Emperor. It could be really great if they let you choose from a few different digital statues they made specifically for the CE. A item for your house that would not be in a cash shop, if they make one, or be made or bought in the game otherwise.

Edit: I just read about the Hamster Ball Mount suggestion, could be my new bff :inlove:
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  14. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

I dislike any kind of permanent ingame "exclusives" CE edition artbooks and statues etc I'm all for. I will pre order for name res and early access, I will prepay for assured "beta" access provided the ahem "beta" is sufficiently long enough for me to feel it warrants me giving them my cash upfront but not for beta weekends they are annoying. But store exclusvies are the most exploitative marketing gimmick ever, whoever concieved of them deserves a special place in hell.
  15. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

What about a mount that costs the same as the other mounts, just looks different and is unlocked through CE?
  16. Rylia

Rylia Cupcake

Those with completist mentalities like myself are especially vulnerable to this tactic. :cry:
  17. Optimisticnerd

Optimisticnerd Cupcake-About-Town

Personally, I would certainly like some behind the scenes information with the CE. You know, a good amount of footage about "this is how we made the game" and "this is why we did what we did"

Sure, in-game vanity items would certainly be a factor; however knowledge about the developers and how the game was made that I would not be able to normally is a worthy investment for me, especially if I really like a game.
  18. Samsquanch

Samsquanch Cupcake

Head start, name reservation (somewhat goes with head start), in-game collectibles. Other than that I like knowing I have it in case I really like the game, lmao.
  19. Rhsolyn

Rhsolyn Cupcake

See, this is what I said about SWTOR and GW2.

Which is why I don't let myself buy CEs.
  20. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

I'm a supporter of inclusivity your example is still an exclusive now you want something like this that becomes available via cash shop at a later point sure but something that is exclusive to a limited window no. I know this sort of thing will always happen these types of exclusives help to sell boxes especially CE boxes I just don't like them I think they capatalize on people's desire to be elitist special little snowflakes which I find detestable.
    Aheadache likes this.