1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What Wildstar needs to get right in RP

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Vyver, May 6, 2013.

1. Sol

Sol Cupcake-About-Town

lol Exactly! Talking to the other faction is fine and if someone is being a jerk, ignore and report them. It's not one bit different than someone on your own faction acting like a tool.

But I feel at this point I must point out that previous logic dictates you would report them by pantomime only as the devs aren't exactly anyone's faction!!
  2. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

oh just thought of another thing for the thing

idle animations for drinking, eating, smoking, and stuff.

And if they could combine it with the eventual sitting animations woooo boy that would be great.
  3. Twinflame

Twinflame Cupcake-About-Town

LotRO had a fun emote like that. /smoke would make my guy just pull out a pipe and start smoking. He'd chill until further notice. Take a few puffs, look around, exhale, take a few puffs, on and on. So casual.
  4. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

Man that sounds awesome

I remember City of Heroes had /eat, /drink, and /sit but never any combination :((

some NPCs would sit and drink tea/dip tea bags in cups and they said they were going to add them but then the game was killed
  5. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

I love the things I see here, and even as someone who isn't hugely into RP, I love a lot of this.
    Guild uniforms get a definite yes from me, it would be epic to show up to some raid or pvp event wearing matching uniforms and all, as well as having the guild hall decked out with flags and everything of our guild insignia. That all sounds very awesome, and I'm definitely interested in that.

Sitting is a great thing, and if we can sit on some things proper, that'd be even better. I also love the idea of guild-sized plugins for housing, being able to maintain a farm with people on the guild lands would be amazing, and i would certainly be doing that as well, contributing to the guild crafting stashes :D
    Furthermore, I would like to see trophies like EQ2 did. If you killed a raid boss, you could mount its head on a pedestal in your guild hall for others to see. I never did raid in EQ2, but the concept itself is awesome.
    Khrusky likes this.
  6. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

yeah trophy heads would be awesome!

maybe instead of raids have it like..tied to something like "kill 500 of a certain monster and get a head trophy of it"
    Khrusky likes this.
  7. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Or an interact able trophy. Kill 1000 antelope, and you get a horn that you can be used as a musical instrument!
  8. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

I don't know how hard to do this or is it even possible with your magnificent engine, buuut..
    Maybe.. animation for two person emotes? :oops: For example: Hug.

It would be awesome if two player could actually hug each other.. I mean virtually ;)
    Khrusky likes this.
  9. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Um...that would be a double edged sword. One one side, it's nice, on the other side I don't want to start getting creeped out by strangers doing some elaborate hug or maybe kiss without my consent, especially since I tend to play female characters and there are lots of horny 16 yo and weirdos out there.
  10. Myrrdhinn

Yeah, I know.. that's sucks. It could be implemented as "If both player do the animation and select each other." :)
    Chomag likes this.
  11. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

It would have to be done with both parties inputting the command or it fails to take place.
    And yes I share chomags feelings about it. Hugging without my consent would be a no no.
    Chomag likes this.
  12. Chomag

Yeah, I could see that working.

Jim wants to hug you. Then if you do the same toward the other character in like a 10 sec timeframe, the advanced animation plays.
    Myrrdhinn likes this.
  13. Myrrdhinn

Exactly! :)
  14. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

The "wants to hug" emote animation should be that they open their arms offering, then if you don't respond it finishes with them acting all sad.
  15. Chomag

Nah, let's keep it simple. :)
  16. Packetdancer

Packetdancer Addon Cupcake

If an Aurin hugs a Granok like they'd hug another Aurin, it'd look silly, and male Human hugging male Human would probably be different than male Human hugging female Human, etc.

Just looking at the Exile side alone, wouldn't that work out to needing 8 'hug attempt' animations (one for each of the sexes of the four races) plus 32 actual 'hug' animations for each of the possible pairings? (64 animations if which one initiated the hug makes a difference to the animation, i.e. whether 'male Granok hugged by female Aurin' differs from 'female Aurin hugged by male Granok'.)

40 hug animations just for the Exiles. I suspect that somewhere, this thread has made an animation artist cringe. ;)
    Khrusky likes this.
  17. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Ooo I completely forgot this but this would be amazing.
    In addition to a bio page, a place to put notes of stuff that happens to you ingame to your character - like a journal.
    Folks who dont rp can use it for other things - keep track of what to farm, good locations for this etc, but a journal with dates would be amazing to chart a characters story. Make it a side bar/attachment to the galactic archive.
    Packetdancer likes this.
  18. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Ah, but we can dream.
    Khrusky likes this.
  19. Packetdancer

Packetdancer Addon Cupcake

I actually just hypothesized a design for something akin to this in the addons thread over on WSRP. :)
    Rumze likes this.
  20. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Ooo I love the idea ! An addon would work just as well actually . Dossiers sounds like the perfect name for the addon to!