1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What would you like to see implemented?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Khalm, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Khalm

Khalm New Cupcake

Game looks awesome so far, and this is by no means a 'must have' list. But what would you like to see as far as features or gameplay?

For me, battlegrounds (even on pve servers) as well as arenas.
    3d flight combat
    More planets in expansions. Rather go somewhere else in the galaxy then a new discovered continent.
    Player housing or ships. Something we can decorate and invite others into.
    Guild Halls or ships.
    City raids (pvp).

Three factions was on the list, but only for balance issues which they somewhat addressed in the ten ton article by including the bad ass and pretty races on both sides.
  2. Lucas

Lucas Cupcake

My top two:

- Anything involving housing/buildings: seems I'm going to be satisfied, judging from the Settler path :)

- Something regarding flying in space: again, reading the recent TenTonHammer interview with Jeremy Gaffney, it looks like I'm gonna be a happy panda (unless we're interpreting that answer in a wrong way)...Hopefully it's gonna be some sort of "middle ground" between a "free fligh" model and a simple "minigame" like SWTOR is doing :).
  3. Vacendik

Vacendik New Cupcake

Expansions for Nexus's moons or the asteroid belt could be cool.
  4. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Some of my favourite MMO mechanics I'd like to see in WildStar
    • Non-rooting attacks (Champions Online)
    • Block mechanics (Champions Online)
    • Public Quests (Warhammer Online)
    • Public Groups (Warhammer Online)
    • Customisable/expandable UI (Warhammer Online)
    • Total avatar customisation (City of Heroes/Champions Online)
    • Low-level flying (City of Heroes)
    • Single-server cluster (EVE Online)
    • Ingame cross-character/server chat channels (City of Heroes)
  5. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

some form of end game progression that doesnt involve raiding, its actually my wish for all mmos. i love public auto grouping missions/quests, especially large scale. something that automatically connects you to people without having to set aside 3 hours of time
  6. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Lolipops, I want lolipops.

Other than that, I hope a lot of non-combat stuff the settler can do to earn rewards/cash.
  7. FerretParade

FerretParade New Cupcake

Pretty sure there will be public quests. I recall an interview very long ago saying they hired the guy that did the work on those in Warhammer.
    VooDoo likes this.
  8. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Right now I can't think of much else than a crafting system that's more interesting than the "click and wait" that's become so typical. Please make that happen, Carbine. Please.
  9. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

that would completely rock :) theyre so much fun
  10. gyves

gyves Cupcake

I would like to see a Darktide. A FFA PvP server. If only to see how that would work out now.
  11. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

I would like to see WildStar, fully operational.
  12. Dragor

Dragor Cupcake

This.
  13. Dansa

Dansa New Cupcake

Mini games / puzzles
    Underground zones
    Underwater zones
    Floating islands/zones
    Flying mounts/combat
    Profession or race specific mounts (helicopter bunny ears :eek::D)
    Solo instances
    Space ship PvP (Allods Online)

Sharks with lasers
  14. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

This.

And I am very fond of the whole "Public Quest" system. Warhammer does a great job with this- offering rewards and other loot and the quests are on a timer so you can repeat them to get all the "tier" rewards.

I love mini-games. Believe it or not, I spent a lot of time cooking and fishing in WoW. I know those are professions, but they were more like mini-games... to me.

A lot of the wants in here are already good. But overall, the quoted part is the only necessity.
  15. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Right now, I'm with Autumnal. The sooner they get the beta cycle going the happier I will be, even if I don't get selected. Once we have a fully working game and we can find out what the game already contains, then we can speculate, beg for, suggest, and demand improvements.

Once they have an official forum and a working game I'm sure there will be a suggestions forum. It was one of the most popular forums in City of Heroes and a great deal of the suggestions made by players were eventually implemented. The entire Architect Edition, for example, was a direct response to player suggestions.
  16. Scrawny

Scrawny Cupcake

I am also big on Fishing, Cooking and Achievement Point type mini-gamey things. I would love to see those.

Also a concept that WoW brushed upon, is multiple passenger vehicles. I would like to take it a bit further with vehicles that can hold 10, 15 or even 20 people. Imagine a guild hopping into a large land vehicle to head off for a raid or to attack another guild house, or whatever. Could be great for a group to move together. Just an idea I thought would be cool.

Also, I am very fond of leveling through crafting, or at least gaining XP when crafting, would like to see that.
    ImmortalExile likes this.
  17. Khalm

Khalm New Cupcake

How about expanding that idea to having guild ships that can carry personal ships. So the guild ships engage and all the little ships pour out and pure chaos begins. Fly your personal ship right on the enemy guild ship and pop out for some pvp action ground style.....how epic would that be?
    Scrawny likes this.
  18. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Hell of an idea! I'd expect these sorts of vehicles to be a bit more difficult to acquire, though. Maybe take the concept of "teamwork" and "partnership" in a new direction. A Guild Bank is great... but when you have something you all actually WANT... now, then you have a true group of dedicated "friends". Sorry to use the term loosely, but we all know how folk on the interwebz can be.
    Scrawny likes this.
  19. WarpCode

WarpCode New Cupcake

Since we are throwing out suggestions, I have a few...

1. Group & Raid /dance moves. (Who needs PvP when you could have a dance off!)
    2. Equipable Underpants. (How else will I make Profit?)
    3. Interactive emotes. /hug would show you and the other person actually hug, /slap would actually show you slapping the other person in the face, etc.
    4. Complete and total customization of body, face, clothes, etc. (Let us truly personalize our character instead of having the same old cookie cutter look as everyone else.)
    5. Bathrooms in game. (My characters are tired of peeing in the woods)
    6. A /reroll system that allowed you to change classes without requiring you to start at level 1. (For example, if you were level 50 you could reroll your character to another class and start at level 25.)
    7. Multiple leveling areas. (Please dont make me have to go to the same 6 zones over and over with each of my alts.)
    8. Pumpkin Pie (mmmm pie.)
  20. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Since Nexus is a world where races are coming to loot (one of the reasons), why not have random ships come and land to loot towns and such, and the people have to stop them to prevent the town from being ravaged?

Or at least have a quest that does something like that so it is not random but instead created when the quest is accepted.
    BaseFX likes this.