1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What would you like to see implemented?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Khalm, Aug 29, 2011.

1. BaseFX

BaseFX New Cupcake

This.

I think that would be awesome! To have to defend the stuff your rightfully "found" first! I think that would be an awesome random public group/quest event. Alternatively, you could get a quest to loot another city of the rival faction and they would have to defend the city. A kind of PvP if you will. Not just killing to defend or attack, but acquiring items from the town and/or re-acquiring all the items taken. Something along those lines. It is a planet basically up for grabs, why not fight for what you, or others, find?
  2. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Just wanted to come back in and make a quick suggestion. I was playing the first Guild Wars again last night for the first time in nearly 5 years, and I forgot about some their systems they had in place that I really liked. For instance... ID Kits. I loved ID Kits and identifying unidentified items.
    I always thought it was exciting getting that purple drop that was unidentified and then being excited to identify it.
    Granted, normally the items were junk, but still...

If WildStar had a system like this, I don't think I'd be the only one that was excited about it.
  3. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I would like day/night cycles and a night that was actually dark in places it should be, like woods. I remember how intense it was in the original EQ to wander through wooded areas not knowing what was 10 feet ahead of you.
  4. souper

souper Founding Member

Or like DAoC where your torch light was actually pretty important in PvP. It would cool to see day/night utilized more. Most games have it is rarely integrated into the gameplay.
  5. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Yes, just like that. EQ was the same where you had to have a torch or lantern or a race that could see in the dark. DAoC did it right too. Newer MMOs have lost that immersion.
  6. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

Or, "Multi-spectrum" goggles, (like infra-red) Would it be a p.i.t.a. to implement? Probably. But think of the "cool!" factor, especially if tied into general gameplay, and not just quest-specific.
  7. Foxentist

Foxentist New Cupcake

There is one system I think MMOs need to do more and its the Badge system. I like the idea of earning badges from boss fights, and then spending badges to get the loot you want, instead of needing to kill the same guy 70 times because you have extremely awful bad luck on drops and/or loot rolls.

Badge System, please. Chance on drop is so old school.
    ImmortalExile and BaseFX like this.
  8. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

I'm inclined to agree with you. I'd much rather fight 70 bosses and earn a badge for each boss to get my next piece of armor. It adds a sense of advancement when you're aiming for a goal over just getting frustrated that you're not getting a damn thing.
    I'm all for badges, yes Ma'am.

I do still want my gear acquisition to take a little time. It'll keep me playing, and as I said, I get that sense of advancement.
  9. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

Just so long as random drops are kept as well, even if the frequency is toned down. Badges provide a nice sense of meaningful advancement, but it's nothing like the pleasure of scoring a lucky drop. :)
  10. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

I'm with Nonsensicles - if anything, I'd like to see both badges and bosses with loot tables.
  11. Ozbaab

Ozbaab New Cupcake

If only they produce a way to advance in level, or progress at endgame that does not involve fighting and raiding.
    I mean if they involve a seriously advanced crafting system, if you could craft you're way to max level I would be impressed
  12. Snapple

Snapple New Cupcake

I know it's a long shot but player cities that are destructible in pvp.
  13. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Hard to bid in on with next to no ingame knowledge.
    Well, a rundown of stuff already mentioned that I'd like to see with few additions:

* Zones

Level scalable solo, group and raid instances.
    Indoor or underground zones
    Underwater zones
    Floating islands/zones
    Multiple leveling areas. (Please dont make me have to go to the same 6 zones over and over with each of my alts.)

* Questing, grouping

Public Quests (EQ2 has 2 public raid quests that are fun the first 50 times. Almost tempted to try out Warhammer to see it there)
    Public Groups (Rift)
    Epic quests lines (EQ2, Rift)
    Guild quests (on a grander scale, se the crafting section)

* Travellin:

Spaceflight
    Mount taming or breeding

Mini games / puzzles to pass insane travel times (Peggle anyone?)

* PVP:

Battlegrounds/warfronts (Rift, WoW)
    Contested spawn areas (Rift)
    Faction raids (raiding settlements?)

* Home, sweet home:

Player housing or ships to decorate. (EQ2)
    Guild Halls or ships, build through team effort, naturally (EQ2)

* Market/broker/auctionhouse

Broker bulletin (EQ2) - I seriously hate being spammed by auction mail every day and having to spend lots of time to put new stuff on an auctioneer to have enough to spare. EQ2s broker is PERFECTED, I dare Carbine to figure out something less annoying than that.

* UI/technical:

Customisable/expandable UI
    Total avatar customisation
    Macros to switch between different sets of gear (EQ2)

Mouse button keybinds (I loved having 13 different heals, cures and shields bound to my mouse in WoW with clique/grid, feels more natural to click different mouse buttons on unit frames rather than targetting and fumbling around on the keyboard with my directionally challenged left hand)

There is one addon I will forever miss. Atlasloot Enhanced and all future games. An ingame catalogue for all found gear and being able to put items on a wishlist to plan future aquirements is gold - especially for an altoholic.

* Authenticator

For iPhone!

* Communication

Ingame cross-character/server chat channels, adding ingame real-ID friendlists (WoW)

* Future expansions:

New planets or dimensions in expansions. Not another continent.

* Crafting

Complicated crafting for non-trivial stuff. (EQ2, Vanguard) - It is not natural to set the toon to make 500 bandages and go do the garden while the toon skill itself up and gets an achievement for making 500 :p

Uncomplicated crafting for super trivial stuff.

Epic crafting quests lines (EQ2)

Guild Hub/Hall crafting quest - a 3-9 step (a step per tier guild level) excessive, I mean epic, guild crafting quest requiring the aid of all crafts, where - as an example - tier 1 is a 1 floor main guild room requiring lower level skills and mats, tier 2 adds another floor, and tier # adds one - or maybe through repetition multiple - playgrounds like stables, dungeon, beach, lake, smuggling cave, I am sure there are plenty ideas for additions from the decorators.
    Something hard enough for a crafting/settler guild to set their teeth in as progression goal and finish with a real sense of accomplishment before those not as crafting inclined.
    Tried to keep the text short, got it more fleshed out in my tiny brain about how the guild hub would progress on this quest.

I could also see guild hub/halls as license reward from guild achievements for gathering an insane amount of junk. Actually, a junkyard looking guild hub area would fit the junk theme ;-) Or it could be the starter for the epic guild building quest, sort of a "your guild gathered 100.000 pieces of materials and can start building a guild hub" thing.

* Apple pie