1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What would YOU like to see in the cash shop?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Jabberwocky, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

We already know there will be a cash shop to buy your C.R.E.D.D. from, but what else would you like to see available?

Personally I would like the following items:
    • Cosmetic pets
    • Cosmetic armor/weapons
    • Housing items
    • Ground/flying mounts
    Other than those things, nothing else really makes sense to me at this point in time.
    Manimal likes this.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Race changes and recustomization services if neither of those are present in-game.
    Lokken and Garchomp like this.
  3. Jabberwocky

Oh yeah, those would be great to have.

You could even add server transfers at some point in the future and name changes.
    Manimal and Lokken like this.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

D'oh. Forgot about name changes but those too.
  5. Jabberwocky

Good to see your inner Draken coming out. Join the Dominion, we have cookies.
    Manimal likes this.
  6. Xlugon Pyro

I just might. Time will tell, but I'll have characters of both races either way. XD
  7. Arsonist

Arsonist Cupcake

Nothing?....
    FlamingRuby and Destrin like this.
  8. Jabberwocky

Why do you want nothing?
    Manimal likes this.
  9. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Pretty sure they've said that right now the only things you can buy from them besides a subscription is CREDD - 'cause you buy that, trade it for gold and then can buy those "extras" like vanity pets, costumes, etc for gold...
  10. CptElendi

CptElendi Cupcake-About-Town

There is no cash shop and no one want that <REDACTED> at all.
  11. Xlugon Pyro

Ain't nobody want that kind of <REDACTED>!
  12. Jabberwocky

That still isn't the final word and we don't know if they will add more items besides C.R.E.D.D. in the future.
    Manimal likes this.
  13. Brynnevere

Brynnevere Cupcake

Mostly services such as server transfer and name change. Those things I consider mandatory. If not at launch than within 6-9 months. Race and faction changes could be possible, but not necessary.

I'd rather have an in game "shop" where you can re-customize your toon in game currency. Like a barber shop. I like to change things up a lot, sometimes with an armor change, sometimes just for change's sake. I don't want to have to use real money just to change a hair style.

Other than that, I'm a fan of cosmetic purchases like pets, mounts and some armor. For people who like those things you get to feel pretty/unique. For people who don't, they get to shake their heads and ridicule us for making poor financial decisions. Either way, it gets Carbine a little extra cash flow. Actually, quite a bit of research indicates that it may be more significant cash flow than subscriptions if the developer puts work into it. Though then you can argue that the developer is spending time making new cash shop items instead of content updates. Personally I doubt that argument: Carbine already has a dedicated art team just working on props who won't have quite as much to do post-launch.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

I actually like the idea of a cash shop IMO so long as it still encourages playing the game in order to progress. I'm not sure why there's so much hate out there for it though. Feel free to inform me as to why it's such a terrible idea.
  15. Brynnevere

Brynnevere Cupcake

Given how vocally against pay 2 win Carbine has been, I suspect they'll be very cautious in implementing a cash shop if they ever do. This thread is just IF they do, what you you like/be willing to buy.
  16. Jabberwocky

Carbine has stated that they will NOT even consider adding things like XP potions and stuff that would give you some kind of advantage in-game. This is something I really thank them for and makes me want to support them even more than just buying the game and subscribing. That only leaves us with a few services and cosmetic things that people in many games really enjoy.
    Manimal and Destrin like this.
  17. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

In the early days of WildStar's development Gene Wilder was asked this very question. I think he answered it best, on both if he wanted a cash shop and the ramifications of having one.

Ianpact likes this.
  18. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

I want a cash shop I don't have to pay real money for, but regular game currency (gold) instead. So, some of the things I would like to see would have to be: appearance, race, and name change services, as well as server transferring services (like it's been mentioned above). Lots of ground mounts, weapon skins, and clothes (costumes), just not anything that doesn't fit the theme of the game. I'm tired of seeing present day clothing in typical medieval themed MMOs.
  19. Jabberwocky

You will have a choice of buying stuff for in-game currency, but having the option to buy more exclusive items for real money through a cash shop run by Carbine would keep you feeling a little more unique and raise more money to throw into developing new content for the game.
    Manimal likes this.
  20. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

Sounds fair enough. I just hate having to pay real money for basic stuff like changing my character's appearance. I think someone mentioned having like a barber shop or something for game currency - I think the general idea is cute. However, I'm guessing that would limit it to hair style and color only. So, since this is actually a Sci-Fi themed game, why not being able to manipulate our genes at some cosmetics lab or something, that way we can have full control over our character's appearance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.