1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What would YOU like to see in the cash shop?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Jabberwocky, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Money is a touchy topic it seems. :p So many seem to act like the requirement to pay for something is extortion of the highest order.
  2. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

You got a problem with circles? I hope not because they are my favorite shape.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

If he does, he should take a close look at his username.
  4. Jabberwocky

OMG, I have to pay $25 to transfer servers?! You money grubbing video game slumlords!
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  5. Yoritomo

Yoritomo New Cupcake

Well your love of circles certainly explains why your argument is bad.
  6. Jabberwocky

I am not arguing but you are definitely trying your hardest to start an argument. :eek:
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  7. Dargenus

Dargenus Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, you don't really want (I hope) to have people changing their names and hopping servers willy nilly, so putting a limiter on those is, honestly, quite justified. Those services don't have to be offered at all.
  8. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

Don't believe the marketing PR BS, it costs them next to nothing to do this.
    This service should be covered as basic content, as it is a basic service.

I find it shocking and rather horrifying that people are so quick to defend corporate greed nowadays. A clear example of the media brainwashing at work I suppose. Everyone thinks they are about to become the 1%, so they don't defend the 99% from being screwed over.
  9. Yoritomo

Yoritomo New Cupcake

You got me.

I think i agree with you that it's not crazy to pay extra for server transfers, but it's completely arbitrary on the part of the company to include those services in a 15 dollar sub fee; there's nothing entitled about expecting some of those services for your sub.
  10. Jabberwocky

Nope, it would just be abused if it was free. Scumbags would be able to steal from guild banks and scam people then switch to a different server with no consequences. I can't tell you how many times I have had people pretend to be interested in my guilds to get invited then get upset and leave when they couldn't jack my guild bank. Then they end up in someone else's guild and cleaning them out and you read all the drama in general chat.
  11. FairyTailisBack

It can still be abused by the rich.
    Such quantities of money isn't a limitation for many!

If that is your concern, then you would want a time limit that applies to everyone.
    Milamilou likes this.
  12. Jabberwocky

It doesn't matter, this isn't something that should be free and when you transfer servers you should NOT be allowed to transfer to a brand new server and upset the economy or progression of that server.

People crying about wanting everything for free simply because they pay a monthly subscription is nothing more than being an entitled whiner.
  13. Yoritomo

Yoritomo New Cupcake

Sounds like these guilds need a better permission system. The only guild banks i've ever seen stolen are the ones jacked by high officers, never by new recruits. I don't think your concern has much to do with server transfers, or at least, it has an easy solution that would still allow free flow of characters that has to do with a detailed permissions system or a time limit on transfers.

It's not free if you pay a 15 dollar sub...
  14. Jabberwocky

That is a played out excuse entitled kids use. Come up with a valid reason why services should be free instead of just saying "but I pay $15 a month!"
  15. Yoritomo

Yoritomo New Cupcake

Come up with a valid explanation of why services should cost extra?

Come on, why is the onus on me instead of you? You should provide reason why we should be paying MORE money and i guess i'll add something nonsensical about you being a gullible industry fanboy or something, since that'll mirror your nonsense about entitled kids.
  16. FairyTailisBack

Your argument makes no sense whatsoever. You could take any service, charge for it, and then call the players entitled whiners for asking for it to be included with a subscription.

Bank space = $100 per slot
    Customers: This should come free with the subscription!
    You: Entitled whiners!

Mail space = $100 per slot

Customer support = $10 per minute

etc... This is circular reasoning.
    They charge for it, therefore the charge is justified, therefore they charge for it.

I truly find it depressing that the common people are so willing to throw their fellow man under the bus, against their very own best interest!
  17. Yoritomo

Yoritomo New Cupcake

It's not even throwing people under the bus. It's more like "accepting without questioning things that really obviously invite skepticism."
  18. Jabberwocky

Entitled kids crack me up. You pay $15 per month so Carbine should give you all the best gear and mounts for free too, right?
  19. Yoritomo

Yoritomo New Cupcake

Keep repeating the same thing even though it doesn't make sense.

People pay 15 dollars to play the game. What server you are on isn't a power increment that you would acquire, it's just an access point, an administrative detail, and is the kind of thing that players might fully expect to be included in their subscription fee.

You must be a rich kid who doesn't understand the value of money. Yes, i'm sure that's it. These rich kids sure crack me up. Wish they'd ever had to work for a dollar...
  20. zephyrduo

zephyrduo New Cupcake

Services like Server Transfers or Name Changes shouldn't be free. Services like these usually take extra resources to implement and time on the game company's side of things. Yeah, I don't wanna pay 30 bucks for a name change but I'm the kinda person that'll kill a level 80 alt(in WoW) and re-roll it for a better name.

It took Blizzard a long enough time to push out name changes(?) and faction changes and they charge a decent amount for it; they took the time and spent the resources to implement it for the players though so I don't think they should be free which they aren't.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.