1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What would YOU like to see in the cash shop?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Jabberwocky, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

I pay $15 a month so I should get free server transfers and free name changes whenever I want.

Do you not realize how silly that sounds?
  2. Yoritomo

Yoritomo New Cupcake

You seriously don't get that your assumptions about what should and shouldn't be included in a sub fee are entirely arbitrary and based solely on prior offerings from other companies, not based on any objective value or worth?
  3. HappinessFactory

HappinessFactory Cupcake

I've been trying to figure out what I'd like to see in the cash shop and I still havn't been able to think of anything. (Mostly because I don't want there to be one but hey)

I can tell you what I would not like to see if there does happen to be a cash shop.
    -I don't want there to be anything involved with crafting
    -I don't want to see aesthetic skins (mounts, gear, weapons, etc)
    -I don't want to have to buy keys to open up boxes that I find (freaking team fortress 2)
    -I don't want to see anything even slightly resembling a power boost (that includes in game currency)

I think that only leaves the name changes, character customization, and server transfers as people have been discussing in the past 15 pages of this thread. Still I would prefer that to be done under account management through a website rather than an in game store.

I think using money (past the initial fee) as a gateway to access any in game content is bad business.
    SnailPlissken, cfStatic and Alverad like this.
  4. Pocketz

Pocketz Cupcake-About-Town

Oh for heavens sake!
    Jabberwockey strikes again, with his love for arguing with broken points for the sake of pissing people off.

Jabber your argument is:
    "You dont have the right to claim other services for free just because you pay for a subscription, you arent entitled to everything just because you pay a sub!"

And whenever you get a counter argument you throw in:
    "LoL! So you want to have all the epix for free as well?" - Which makes no sense and doesnt help your case.

First of all, why most people want services to be included is because you tend to pay for these services in a subscription. Coroprate greed however, have made buisnesses exlude these services as of late as it is an easy buck to earn on the side.

Second of all, Why it should be free is when its keeping you from playing the game you paid for.
    Another example is from WoW, where some server would die out, where you could not buy things on the AH because there were no players on the server, where you couldnt compete in PvE or PVP because there werent enough people, or exprience it at all for that matter because, there werent enough people. This is when it should be free to transfer off. So that you can enjoy the game, they added the feature "Free transfers" from over populated servers to empty ones. But who in their right mind would leave a good server for a bad one?

And a point you seem to be missing, since its so obvious to everyone else.
    There is OF COURSE a timer, a Cool down, on all of these services to keep them from being abused.
    1-3 months between server transfers? Sounds fair? yeah it does.

However, I'm not that keen on name changes as it gives you anonymity and thats nothing I'm for.
    Transfers, race changes, character look changes. Yeah, im all game for that.

Side note; Your pet peeve with " blizzard made WoW, too easy, to cater to the kids. Now you get epix for free, fricken free loaders" - opinion, is shining bright in everything you say.
  5. Jabberwocky

[​IMG]
  6. Pocketz

Yes, because typing normally, making accurate points. Sure screams anger.

Do you want to share my breakfast with me in a calm and polite manner, or do you want to hang out at 4-chan, with your rage-tacular bros?
  7. Jabberwocky

Being a condescending douche is typing normally and making accurate points. It really does scream anger and I will have breakfast with you while you rage about my posts.
  8. HappinessFactory

HappinessFactory Cupcake

A post like that makes me doubt the validity of your entire argument Jabber. Makes me think that this entire thread is just a troll attempt.

Pocketz has proved your arguments to be rather shaky anyway.
    Pocketz likes this.
  9. Pocketz

Instead of making it personal Jabber, like you tend to do when you hold no validity in your arguments.
    How about you counter them?

I'd actually like to hear what you have to say towards my points, rather than "lolz u mad bro?"
    SnailPlissken likes this.
  10. Sera Serenity

Sera Serenity Cupcake-About-Town

wow... this threads gotten quite acidic...but on topic,

Cosmetic pets, yes.. Maybe cosmetic armour/weapons

No to housing items, because as we already know the more stuff you have in your house the bigger your rested XP is (so this would be like buying XP boosts), and could give a really in game advantage.

No to Mounts, again because of possible advantages.

I agree with you Jabber that server transfers/name-changes should be paid for, to reduce the level of abuse, and I think they should be available.

I do realise that the C.R.E.D.D. system essential enables all of this anyway, but hopefully this will place a cap on how often this can occur, due to supply and demand issues.
  11. Yoritomo

Yoritomo New Cupcake

12. Jabberwocky

Well, there is a cap to how many items you can put in your house to prevent people from just completely filling it up with junk.

I would at the very least like some cool pets and housing items.
  13. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

Do you not realize that is a fallacious argument? It is circular reasoning.
  14. Pocketz

Sera, I agree with some of your points. Specially the housing items and mounts.
    I'm one of those who want as little as possible in the shopp'eh.

How do you feel about time limits to control services rather than supply and demand, as its a more stable and static way?
  15. Yoritomo

Yoritomo New Cupcake

The problem i see with using a time limit CF money is that there is incentive to use something that has a charge because there is no opportunity cost. With money there is always an opportunity cost, so you are more likely to use the service sparingly (unless money is no object, but i think we should work from the assumption that it is for everyone playing the game).

My concern is that server transfers can have a negative effect on local server communities. There are circumstances where they could be positive, but as someone else mentioned, one would hope they would turn on free transfers in those situations.
  16. Pocketz

@ Yoritomo,
    I need some help here, I've been re-reading this over and over, and I cant seem to understand what you're trying to say. Sorry if I'm daft.

What are your negative concerns btw? What do you believe players could do?
    Guild transfers, creating competition or simply dominating it.
    Rude players coming over? - Thats no difference from a rude player simply joining the server.

I would hope that if a server is on the brink of death, that free transfers OFF it and not TO it would be implemented. Or the option of a merge would take place.

When it all comes down to it, I would not have to use a service if I'm actually enjoying and is able to play the game I'm paying for. The moment I simply want to transfer of because, I just like the other server better, then I have no problem paying.
  17. Yoritomo

Yoritomo New Cupcake

I was arguing against jabber because he wasn't supporting anything that he said and was being obnoxious to other people, so i'm sure i've been unclear.

I just think having a hefty penalty to leaving a server encourages a more cohesive server community. On a timed system my primary concern would be that I don't really like the idea of "shopping around" for servers and i can imagine a charge system (where you could transfer once every three months or something) working like this in practice. But i don't feel particularly strongly about this and think both sides of the argument are reasonable. I myself has abused the WoW transfer system to reset my conquest cap before despite the money, so i know that even with a payment system people will abuse it.
  18. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

The old school cohesive server community is dead. I don't particularly like that either, but it's the truth. The LFD tool basically killed it, but I prefer LFD over a slightly more intertwined community anyways, so I can't complain.

I don't see how server transfers will be exploited to be honest, especially if there is some kind of limit set in place. If someone changes servers, or their race, or their name every few months, then how does that effect you in any way?
  19. Yoritomo

Yoritomo New Cupcake

It only affects me indirectly, admittedly. I guess i am optimistic that it is not a dead mentality. That under the right circumstances, the feeling of community will return. Even within modern memory, bg9 had a community feeling. It was an awful community, but it was still there. The way it affects me is that it affects the community as a whole and i interact with that community on a regular basis. I know that is vague, but getting precisely at what shapes an MMO is a really complex problem and i can only take bites at the edges of it.

I am not saying it would be abusive to transfer servers every 3 months or so. My point there was that there will be abuses in either system.
  20. nra

nra Cupcake

I did write "all the items available through this hypothetical store" and not "all the vanity items in the game".
    Yes I understand that there will be items I will not be able to receive.
    But I prefer having content linked with the vanity items and acquiring them through gameplay, like Christmas or Halloween pets.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.