1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which Class Do You Think Will Be The Best In PVP!

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by AlunaEclipse, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Xpress

Xpress Cupcake

Chuck Norris
  2. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Since there are only 6 classes I hope them to have very good class dependant balance. If I had to compare it with anything, I'd compare it to TF2.(Wtf its an fps u <REDACTED> moron idiot blablabla. Hear me out...Or read. You ought to read, yeah.)
    You have a handful of mechanics at your disposal plus a handful of classes which can be very dependant on what loadout they have.

This allows for variety yet easy balancing which I think is fine and every specc will get themselves a role.

I hope the Warrior will be a good flag carry/objective tank and together with a good heal a nice and well doing duo in battlegrounds and Warplots. I personally dispise arena, sorry.

@Awesomebuck bets by Protostar: 300 Awesomebucks on Warriors to be a CC machine that only needs one damage skill to work!
  3. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

I think this will all depend on the pilot since its more skill based instead of just steath, stunlock, blind, shadow step, slow, vanish, rince and repeat.
  4. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

There wont be any "best" or "worst" class in PvP, just "most popular" and "least popular". Good players will always make any type of class work, regardless of their state. Some classes will have a lower skillcap to be successful at while some will have a higher skillcap, that doesn't make them OP or UP though. I have no doubt that the vocal minority will flood the forums and crying for nerfs because they got raped by Stalkers or whatever, and that Espers are severely underpowered and need to be buffed asap, but good players will adapt and kick ass, no matter the odds.
  5. Jersaun Korris

Jersaun Korris Cupcake-About-Town

I would say that there won't be a class specifically for PvP, but all the classes will have their roles to play. Depending on your play style I believe all classes will be pretty much balanced, and well rounded for the tasks that are thrust upon them. At launch, and beyond there might be a balance issue here or there, but that will get ironed out over time with testing, and patches.

The question is not what class is best at PvP, but what class can I play best at PvP?
  6. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

I am such a good PvPer that i can make the most OP class(So OP that even Carbine will run for nerfs) and make it the worst character in the game:)
    Ye i am that good:p
    /flex
    Jersaun Korris and Dyraele like this.
  7. Jersaun Korris

Jersaun Korris Cupcake-About-Town

Pfft. Do you even lift? Joking aside I know there are players like that who spend countless hours perfecting their classes strategies, and even do the proper math to maximize their effectiveness. It can get real scary.
  8. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Since this is a thread about egos, Esper, because I'll be playing one! They look awesome. :p ...
    But it will come down to mode, be it Battleground, Arena, Warplot, or Open-World.

From experience in other games, the healers and hybrids will do generally better on Battlegrounds than other specs (because rarely anyone brings healing), Stealth-Burst-CC-Heals in small Arenas, ranged dps/hybrid & heals in Warplots, and probably Stealthed DPS for Open-World.

Tanking units/Tanking-hybrids usually fall short in PvP, but they actually sound like they have some utility in WildStar. However, I imagine since the 3 classes that will presumably have DPS/Tank specs will then have higher damage burst than the 3 that will have DPS/Healing specs.

As said earlier, it's too early to tell. :) ...but if I were to name some classes now, purely through speculation & guessing... <REDACTED> healer for BG; Stalker, Esper & <REDACTED> healer for Arenas; Esper, Spellslinger, & <REDACTED> ranged (?) for Warplots; and then Stalker for Open-World. Voila! :D
  9. Chestnut Bowl

Chestnut Bowl New Cupcake

Stalker, initially, until it's nerfed into uselessness. Such is the fate of all stealth-based classes.
  10. Xandita

Xandita Cupcake

Gonna say the two unannounced classes. They're so good that Carbine is afraid to mention them!
    B0rik3n likes this.
  11. pondfilter

pondfilter Cupcake

Their abilities sound pretty damn cool too. Taunt reducing damage done by enemies except for the person who taunted, the tether spell that will anchor an enemy to the ground and a pull are all awesome tools to keep your healer save or to control the fight. For once people won't have to be depressed when they get stuck with a tank that wants to PvP in their group haha.
  12. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I think I agree that the "Most Popular" will be stalkers. Especially when Wildstar first launches. It seems that any class that has the ability to hide or stealth themselves is what people usually reach for to when they first find a new game.
  13. Grelin

Grelin Cupcake

Definitely <REDACTED> :up:
  14. Bird Flu

Bird Flu New Cupcake

I thing its going to do down to the warrior or the stalker (or an unreleased melee class) the one that has more cc will be the winner. The advantage comes from melee range being the hit box vs the ranged who have to line up telegraphs and give opponents a chance to dodge.
  15. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

16. Monarc

Monarc Cupcake

Well whatever class is best it will eventually get nerfed which will create a new best class which will eventually get nerfed which will create a new best class which will eventually get nerfed...
  17. heleos

heleos New Cupcake

As other people said, probably the stealth class.

I'll be playing a healer, because healing people in pvp makes me feel like a boss
  18. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

Only if you don't fight me bub :) RAWR!

Stalker FTW
  19. Hephen

Hephen Cupcake

Personally I love healing in PvP.. Hoping for a mix between the paladin heals and the druid survivability in wow for the staff <redacted> class. And as you can see from my picture, I'm a staff wielding fly squatting kind of guy :D
  20. Twinflame

Twinflame Cupcake-About-Town

As long as things are decently balanced, at high level (I mean skill level, not level cap) play there won't be any better or worse classes. Slight differences in ability disappear once people get awesome enough.

However, in general, I think Spellslingers will come off as better because they're a ranged dps/heals hybrid. Dependents on their mobility and the chasedown ability of melee classes, though.