1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which race do you least prefer?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by mysticjbyrd, Jul 3, 2013.

?

Which race do you least prefer?

1. Human

36 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. Cassian

13 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. Granok

43 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. Draken

20 vote(s)
    9.9%
  5. Aurin

44 vote(s)
    21.8%
  6. Mechari

20 vote(s)
    9.9%
  7. Coming Soon

26 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

That would be what I refer to as the "kawaii neko" crowd, yes. Which is really just my own personal shorthand for people who like the cute, colorful, fuzzy stuff. I actually think the Aurin are brilliantly designed because the "magical protector of nature" thing dovetails quite nicely with the "cutesy catbunnies" thing. I simply don't have any personal affinity for either one of those things. If somebody were to combine Fern Gully and Avatar, and then make a manga out of it, I imagine the end result being something like the Aurin.

It's just human nature to categorize things, and intellectually lazy people tend to be the quickest in categorizing things. Being able to shove the Aurin into the "furries!" mental box is probably the quickest and easiest approach for people who aren't really interested in playing one (an Aurin). In my experience, anyways, people who hastily jump to superficial insults tend to be mental midgets.
    Xaks, Eluldor and Cottonspore like this.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I f*cking love this. Best insult ever. My personal favorite. XD
  3. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Least favorite pony? Rarity.

Derpy Hooves is best pony.

[​IMG]

-Rachel-
  4. Veneska

Veneska Cupcake

I picked Cassian. I would have also picked Human but there wasn't an option for both. So Cassian just because its human and Dominion :p Reason being.... I'm already a human in real life, why would I want to play a human in a fantasy game?
    Trigger, Witless and MrDreadful like this.
  5. Razma

Razma New Cupcake

Personally I don't find Granok appealing but I get why people want to play them.

As far as Aurin's go if thats what you want to play I'm all for it. It's your character and whatever helps you have fun sounds good to me. I have some buddies who flip out on Elin's in TERA but I'm all about more people enjoying the game and playing long term so whether or not you like/don't like Aurin just let people enjoy what they want IMO.
  6. Mad Zon

Mad Zon New Cupcake

Human/Cassian. I play as a human real life. So, why play when I can be a rock man, robot, or furry
    Trigger and Witless like this.
  7. Ha'boo

Ha'boo New Cupcake

I totally agree. Why would i play a human/cassian, when i can play as a kick ass rock, robot, furry or the two unannounced races.
    Chim and Witless like this.
  8. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Humans/Cassians. Boooring.
    Witless likes this.
  9. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Why you would need a human race i have no idea...

You can still have humanoid races just call them something original!
    Witless likes this.
  10. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

I voted human. Just not my cup of joe. I'd sooner be a raging Chua or a zombified fellow or a lizard-cat thing or even a bunny. I like trying different things.
    Witless likes this.
  11. Cottonspore

Cottonspore Cupcake-About-Town

Totally understand people not liking the aurin, but never understood why they called them "furries." Have they ever seen an actual furry? Are we even talking about the same people? I've known several in my time on the internet, and the aurin are waaaay too human-looking to interest them. True furries don't really want humans with purple hair and an incidental ear and tails. Actually, the Draken are almost furries in the truest sense of the word. They fit the criteria of having humanoid bodies covered in fur (or in this case they have pelts, with fur on their tails). The only thing that saves them from going full furry is that their faces are more human than animal... though the males are more animalistic than the females, but basically if there's a furry race in Wildstar, it's the Draken. Which is why I'm so conflicted about liking the Draken. But they're pretty cool, so I'll make an exception.

Anyway, I'm pretty hyped for every race except the Chua. Nothing really wrong with them, just not very interesting to me.
    Revon and Eluldor like this.
  12. Solarthermal

Solarthermal Cupcake

mechari be best, aurin are worst.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

I can see what you mean. A lot of blanket judgments go out towards certain racial choices and those who play them and often they are based on bad information or are just the result of several ignorant people making their opinions known. The aurin are far closer to human than any animal. They have animal ears and furry tails, but that's all.
  14. Littleman

Littleman New Cupcake

The Aurin are humans with animal ears and a tail. TERA's Elin are pretty much the same, only they nearly crossed a different, more sensitive line...

TERA's art team conceptualizing nearly every female armor as 98% nude was only exacerbating the issue, but I digress.

I woted Granok, but only because they're the race I'm the least likely to play. If they have a green skin/rock tone, that might change ;)
  15. Chim

Chim Cupcake-About-Town

I love all the races, without Aurins and (maybe) coming soon. If I won't see Aurins in Exiles I'll choose them. But, meh. I need to play Dominion.

Granoks, I love ya, sorry. :cry:
  16. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

human for sure. (and that counts cassian too, because they are the same race) though <REDACTchuaED> just *barely* beats humans, because they are slightly more interesting than humans.

i'd love to see a game that had no human, or hume, or anything terran looking in it.
  17. jackashflash

jackashflash Cupcake-About-Town

Nothing wrong with nude women, just nude 12 year old girls.
    Yinello and Ennui like this.
  18. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

apparently if you wanted to be serious in pvp you had to play as that elin race because hit boxes weren't normalized. creepy race. i refuse to play as them :p
  19. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

All the Granok hate! You people disgust me!
    Yinello likes this.
  20. Xlugon Pyro

Frankly if nudity isn't wrong, then why does the age of the person matter?

Now, getting AROUSED by nude 12 year old girls, now THAT'S another matter.

I don't hate them, they're just my least favorite race, and TBH it has mostly to do with their appearance. I'm not big on the whole beer drinkin', joint smokin' deal but it's their appearance that drags them below the bland humans and midday meal chua.