1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which race facinates you the most?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Caedos, Feb 13, 2013.

?

What race will you be playing?

1. Human

9.5%
  2. Granok

8.3%
  3. Aurin

30.8%
  4. Cassian

11.1%
  5. Draken

16.6%
  6. Mechari

23.7%
  1. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I said Mechari earlier but after thinking about it I am pretty torn. I really like something about each of the Dominion races so far and the Koala bears could always surprise me as well. :p
  2. Caedos

Caedos New Cupcake

As earlier mentioned, Carbine Studios has made an excellent job with the races, so I perfectly understand how thorn between the choices you are! (A koala bear race would be freakin' awesome!)
    Rakkis and Kurik Lein like this.
  3. Michael Thysson

Michael Thysson New Cupcake

I'll definitely be sticking with any of the races on the Dominion side of this game, absolutely sold on playing for the Dominion. Cassian would be my preferred option at the moment, I wonder if they're different at all to the Exile Humans. Mechari second, Draken third as things stand.
  4. Caedos

Caedos New Cupcake

From what I can tell by the poll, it looks like the factions are pretty equall among players, so hopefully there won't be a 2:1 ratio. (Although, I have a feeling that we will see a lot of Aurins running around!)
  5. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Draken for me, as long as the female face options turn out to be as varied and beastly as they are for the males. If not, I'll be extremely disappointed with the race as a whole and hug my Cassians and Mechari to tatters.

If you mean physically, probably not. Exile humans used to be Cassians, prior to Brightland's Rebellion.
    Michael Thysson likes this.
  6. Michael Thysson

7. ruff1298

ruff1298 New Cupcake

Aurin Esper, maybe a Human Exile Spellslinger. Also wish they'd lift all the Race Restrictions. It's the distant future; shouldn't they have tech that compensates for any lack of natural ability? Look at Spellslingers.
  8. starspun

It seems to me that in order to be a Spellslinger, you need to have an affinity for magic in the first place. They don't use tech to compensate, they use tech to enhance a natural ability.
  9. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

On restrictions:
    And:
    I wouldn't be so sure, they are separated by quite a different lifestyle + From what we've seen in the videos, Cassians have different hairstyles then what we've seen in humans so far.
    They are from different factions and I hope they make the effort, otherwise how will we distinguish them?
    Darkspur likes this.
  10. starspun

Scooter's quote and your reply seems contradictory to me. :p Why would they create more work for themselves by making separate models, animations and hairstyles for the exact same race?
  11. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, I'm aware of it :p
    I don't think they would make separate animations, just hairstyles, that's not that difficult.
  12. starspun

I'd be really annoyed if their hairstyles were separate. A couple of options that are unique to humans on either faction is fine, but not all of them.
    Patrician likes this.
  13. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I think Cassians and Exiles should just have all the same hair options, but maybe different "accessories" in the makeup and/or jewelry department.

I also still wonder if Humans can have Cybernetic limbs... Like Dorian Walker.

I love that Scooter quote though, thanks for that! It's actually interesting to know we may one day get race/class combinations not offered at release post launch!
  14. Michael Thysson

Whenever a developer says, "we will/might incorporate it after launch" random parts on my body start itching. The amount of times I've heard that, and yet nothing of the sort, or a massively watered down version, comes out. No disrespect to the Carbine Studio team, I've just heard it once too often and won't be holding my breath.
  15. Riepah

Riepah Cupcake

Time to show them just how much demand there is for Aurin Warriors!
    Zerdav likes this.
  16. Norlamin

Norlamin Cupcake

Currently, the Draken. They seem the most feral and beastlike, not to mention least humanized which is what I tend to gravitate towards if there's no shorter races. I like how they're a hybrid of demons/reptiles and felines, everything about them screams feral and tribal, really hope some of their armour reflects that as a Draken in a high tech suit seems rather strange to me.

If we do get a shorter race, I'll be joining either faction regardless as they truly are my calling. I liked the Aurin at first too, but I still think they're too human looking, everything on the Exiles is like that currently. Maybe once we see the character creator and we can create a more feral Aurin, I might have to go Exiles as I do love their love for nature. Same goes for the Granok, too human for me really, I like their overall visul as bad ass mercenaries, but just visually they're not all that appealing. Here's looking forward to the two hidden races!
  17. Vhiral

Vhiral Cupcake-About-Town

I am really interested about the other Dominion race, but of the revealed thus far. It would have to be the Draken.
  18. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

My favorite are the draken, but my favorite class so far is the esper :( ..........so i may play a human exile esper as my main guy, (unless the undead race and the remaing class change things)
  19. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

Also i really dont get way people like the aurian so much, i they were more feral i would go with them, but as it is they are just humans with a tail and bunny ears with i think is lame (no offense to the bunny lover).
    Mudfin and Norlamin like this.
  20. Caedos

Caedos New Cupcake

Probably some furry-fetish. :eek:
    Norlamin likes this.