1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which race facinates you the most?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Caedos, Feb 13, 2013.

?

What race will you be playing?

1. Human

9.5%
  2. Granok

8.3%
  3. Aurin

30.8%
  4. Cassian

11.1%
  5. Draken

16.6%
  6. Mechari

23.7%
  1. Rakkis

Rakkis Cupcake

I'm expecting them to sound like the HK droid from KOTOR1
  2. Deimos

Deimos Cupcake

I want a Mechari settler with a straw hat, who chews tobacco or smokes a cigar and whose kind of like an old kooky wild west cowboy heh.
    Loveless likes this.
  3. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

"Clarification: When I said 'death' before 'dishonor', I meant alphabetically." ;)
    Rakkis likes this.
  4. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Cupcake

I need to see the last 2 races before i decide anything. But so far Humans/Granok on Exile side and Cassians/Mechari on Dominion looks interesting.
  5. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

From a lore perspective, Im very interested in the Mechari for the same reasons as most people. That said, I may not really want to play one. I'm almost certainly going to play a human character, either an Exile or Cassian. I may be interested in the Mechari but I enjoy the experience of being 'on the outside', so to speak, learning about other races through a human's eyes as opposed to actually being that race.
  6. Ralanost

Ralanost New Cupcake

As of right now? They actually don't do much for me. I am want a tall and broad female. Even though they had amazingly low poly counts, I love female Tauren. Not just because I have a thing for minotaurs, but because I loved how they moved and their melee animations were top notch. So far it seems the females of Wildstar are all way too thin and willowy. I REALLY don't like it.
    Loveless likes this.
  7. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Female Draken look really cool, they have very broad shoulders that gives a brawny and tough appearance:
    [​IMG]

There's also female Granok who look pretty statuesque (pun intended)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since it's looking like the remaining 2 races are a race of human-sized high-tech undead and some small, furry dudes, I think that Granok females will probably be your best bet for the type of build you're after. :alien:
  8. Ralanost

Ralanost New Cupcake

Ah, thanks a lot for those images. I hadn't actually seen any female Granok before. Hell, I didn't think they had any females. Problem comes with their limited class choice and the fact I am not terribly fond of the Exiles. But, I do like the potential of the magic/tech ranged dps/tank class that might happen that Granok are said to be eligible for and I generally hate short races. So this might be a win/win other than I won't be Dominion. I will have to wait for more info, but this looks very promising.
  9. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

I think you will find your mashing the two remaining classes togethor there.
  10. Ralanost

Ralanost New Cupcake

Nope. By the evidence so far it looks like one of the classes will be a melee str/wisdom dps/healer hybrid and the other will be magic/tech ranged dps/tank. If we are going by npcs that have been seen and using logic based on information given so far. They could still throw us a curve ball, but my bet is on those two being the basic outlines for the next two classes.
  11. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

This general premise seems based on the assumption that Tech must = tank and Wisdom must = healer which actually doesn't need to be the case at all as the way the stat interacts with a specific classes role does not need to be blanket. With the Granok confirmed as already getting both of the unrevealed classes this will bring them up to 3 class options. The Mechari are currently at two and seem to be thematically limited to Tech based classes so will likely get the Tech class from the two unrevealed classes and currently lack (like the Granok) both a Ranged DPS option and a healing option. Limiting Class by race is one thing limiting Role by race is whole other thing. One remaining class will likely be Tech ranged DPS/Heals and the other Magic Melee DPS/Tanking. Not only does it ensure each race can peform each role but also gives us a Magic based Tank , a Magic based Melee class, a Tech based Ranged DPS class and a Tech based healing class all of which are currently absent.
  12. Rhsolyn

Rhsolyn Cupcake

I seem to be one of the few who is terribly interested in Cassians and Cassian society, but there you have it; I adore their culture and pretty much want to know everything about them.

And apparently because I am boring and love humans, the same basically goes for Exiled humans as well. I really hope Carbine chooses to reveal how daily life in space was and what planets the humans (and Granoks) have visited besides Arborea.

Draken society interests me quite a bit, too. I was disappointed to learn they're quite patriarchal, but whatevs. Their ladies still look badass.

I love the mechari (because who doesn't love nine foot tall killer secret agent robot spies?) but I'm content with the lore we have for them now, honestly. The Imperial Corps of Intelligence, however... omg tell me everything pls.
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  13. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

The race that fascinate me the most changes from article to article but always between the Draken, Granok and Mechari. They are different and interesting and fancy looking. But the race I identify with best is probably the Aurin.

Luckily I love leveling several salts and will probably have one of each of all races except possibly the Human ones. I generally don't play humans, they bore me. The Wildsar humans, exile and cassian alike, are actually kind of interesting though, and look way better than most mmo humans.
  14. Cheveyo

Cheveyo New Cupcake

I love that pose!
  15. Devorak

Devorak New Cupcake

So far it's either Granok or possibly the last Exile race. Really can't decide for sure until the big reveal.
  16. Nekofest

Nekofest Cupcake-About-Town

17. Glacius

Glacius Cupcake-About-Town

Right now the Mechari and the Draken seem the most interesting to me. I like the savage culture of the Draken mixed with their draconic look. I want to learn more about them and how race is. I also really like the Mechari and their system of spies. Plus you don't get to play a robot in MMOs very often.
  18. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Depends a lot on the lore and eye candy wise eg what looks awesome in armor .
    I do think ill make a male human exile my first main but im leaning toward female aurin or granok . They look pretty awesome in motion and just looks wise.
    I may end up going female granok esper! But I do really like the goofiness of the male human exile a lot.
    Eye candy will be the deciding factor at the end.
  19. Nym

Nym Cupcake-About-Town

The Cassian probably intrigue me the most, but I honestly think thats more of my interest in the dominion as a whole. Wanting to learn more about how the dominion actually function as a governmental power and how it effects the Society.

I am most drawn to the Draken. A wild and savage culture. The strong survive!

I am so torn over this games factions because I don't know enough yet about the factions. I like the dominion so far but I don't necessarily want to be the Governments lap dog. The exiles also seem great but I feel they have a hint of "fight the power because they said I couldn't own 700 lazers and my own planet." Ug so torn
  20. Scelestic

Scelestic Cupcake

I'm looking forward to the Chua!