1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which Race Gets Which Class?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Xlugon Pyro, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

This may seem like a dumb and perhaps lazy question to you, but what I'm actually asking is a bit more specific.

Given increasing talks about the final two classes and a supposed reveal coming in a few weeks, which of these theorized or "leaked" classes should be available to play for each race?

Now, I am not asking whether or not which race will be able to be the new classes. This is a speculation thread, although I will keep track of the races that have been announced to be able to be the last two unrevealed classes. I will do so here and if there are any mistakes, please inform me and I'll correct them. Note that I'm not using their leaked names, at least not for the OP but they should still be easily recognizable.

Granok
    "Tank" and "Healer"

Chua
    "Tank" and Healer"

Mechari
    "Healer"

It's also probably likely that humans and cassians will be able to be all six classes.

Outside of these confirmed setups, which races do you all think will be the recipients of these final classes?
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

.....''not using the leaked names''.....

Why not? They have allowed it to go outside, so it is 100% legit to use their names....

So please remove the ''healer'' ''tank'' and replace them with MEDIC and ENGINEER!

OT:
    Aurin get medic, i'm almost certain of it.
  3. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

for Exiles
    I would say Mordesh would most likely be Medic given there history but looking at the current race/class setup everyone could be a Medic I think

as far as the Engineer goes Human and Granok
  4. Xlugon Pyro

To irk you further I will keep it the way it is.

It is a suitable response to Dominion filth like yourself.
    salazar likes this.
  5. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

I have yet to see a Dev leak that has announced the names of the last two classes, so unless there is such a leak it’s appropriate not to use the names that have been leaked by other sources.

What we do know is that there is a Rifle Class, and some Weird Assed Dual Weld Weapon Class, and from the last Dev Speak both human types have the WADWW Class and the Chua will have the Rifle Class.
  6. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

there was a video about a week ago in which Jeremey Gaffney is showing off the game, he clicks to make a new character and there on the screen are ALL 6 class names. So yes, it's out there "semi-officially"
  7. Xlugon Pyro

Back on point: I'm hoping that aurin can be the tank class or "engineer" but I'm pretty sure that won't happen. D:

Maybe draken can be my salvation?

If neither of them can be that class I will rage. WildStar will have taken all of my dreams and utterly shatter them. ALL OF MY DREAMS. SHATTERED INTO DUST.
  8. panickbr

panickbr New Cupcake

I think it will be:

By races:

Human/Cassian: All 6 classes.

Granok: War, Eng, Med (2 tank, 1 heal)
    Chua: Spe, Esp, Eng (2 heal, 1 tank)

Aurin: Sta, Spe, Esp, Med (3 heal, 1 tank)
    Mechari: War, Sta, Eng, Med (3 tank, 1 heal)

Mordesh: War, Sta, Spe, Eng, Med (3 tank, 2 heal)
    Draken: War, Sta, Spe, Eng, Med (3 tank, 2 heal)

By classes (not including Human/Cassian, as they can be any class):

Warrior: Gra, Mor / Dra, Mec
    Stalker: Aur, Mor / Dra, Mec
    Esper: Aur / Chu
    Spellslinger: Aur, Mor / Chu, Dra
    Engineer: Gra, Mor / Mec, Chu, Dra
    Medic: Gra, Aur, Mor / Mec, Dra

I think it's either that, which will leave everything pretty rounded or:

Mordesh: War, Sta, Spe, Eng (3 tank, 1 heal)
    Mechari: War, Sta, Eng, Med (3 tank, 1 heal)

Aurin: Sta, Spe, Esp, Eng, Med (2 tank, 3 heal)
    Draken: War, Sta, Spe, Eng, Med (3 tank, 2 heal)

Engineer: Gra, Aur, Mor / Mec, Chu, Dra
    Medic: Gra, Aur / Mec, Dra
  9. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

The Mordesh will only get one of the two, an interview said. I'm actually pretty sad, because then I'd have to possibly make a choice between veteran Zombie Hunter and a possibly nanobot healer with electro-fists.

The Draken, I think, will most certainly get the rifle class and hopefully, the healer class. The rifles are a no brainer as they seem to be standard fare for shock troopers and basic infantry. The healer will be slightly more iffy unless they're a very "punchy" class which fits well with the Draken. Also, an alternative healing option.

Aurin, most likely, will get the healer class, and hopefully the tank class so they'll have two tanking options. The equipment doesn't seem to be that heavy given that Chua of all races have them as their poster-boy class, and I find the idea of a female Aurin with the skills to handle what amounts to an infantry-sized fusion lance... interests me in many ways.

Mechari will probably get both. They don't have any healer classes, and a technologically inclined tank would be a no brainer for the robots. Unless they get Spellslingers... hmm...
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

This Kat.....owning peeps on a daily bases :D

Carbine hasn't tried to remove that video of the internet, so that must mean they accept the fact that they themselves let the info loose on the masses. Which could only mean we can use the names aswell, seeing as they don't treat it like a ''NDA-leak/break''.
    Kataryna likes this.
  11. Kiyo

Kiyo Cupcake

Here are my guesses:

WARRIOR - Human, Cassian, Granok, Mechari, Mordesh, Draken
    STALKER - Human, Cassian, Aurin, Mechari, Mordesh, Draken
    ESPER - Human, Cassian, Aurin, Chua
    SPELLSLINGER - Human, Cassian, Aurin, Chua, Mordesh, Draken
    MEDIC - Human, Cassian, Aurin, Chua, Granok, Mechari, Mordesh
    ENGINEER - Human, Cassian, Chua, Granok, Draken
  12. panickbr

panickbr New Cupcake

[​IMG]

From the ZAM Combat Q&A, a Mechari holding a 2-handed Rifle, the Engineer weapon (unless it's a Solider SWAT Mission weapon).

But, it doesn't make sense to leave the Mechari without access to the full tech themed class.

About Engineer, above... About Medic... Mechari is the poster boy for the Medic class

[​IMG]

So I think it's a no-brainer that both Mechari and the Granok (because it was stated by a Dev) will get both unreleased classes.
    zekkdarklighter likes this.
  13. Mykor

Mykor Cupcake-About-Town

Humans / Cassians
    Already have 4 classes. So they are complete

Granok
    At the moment, they can only be Warriors. They will get both Medic and Engineer

Chua / Mechari
    They have only 2 classes to choose from. They will get both new classes

Draken / Aurin / Mordesh
    These have 3 classes each. They will get one more.
  14. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Except that in the new DevSpeak it clearly shows a human/cassian holding the "paddles"
  15. panickbr

panickbr New Cupcake

[​IMG]

Also, this human/cassian with the same Rifle as the Mechari up there.
  16. Kiyo

Kiyo Cupcake

Pretty sure it was stated somewhere that humans and Cassians can be everything, and there's plenty of screenshots to support that.
    The rest is up for guesses. That does look like a screenshot of a Mechari wielding an engineering weapon up there. If they do get that as well though, it might cause an imbalance in what's available on each side of the conflict, and I suspect they're going to want to try and balance that somehow, which is why we might not be able to simply rationalise what race should get what.

Edit: My updated suggestion list has the problem of imbalance, I shifted the engineer to Mechari and took it away from the Draken so they match their Granok buddies with getting just 3 classes, but the problem in my current spreadsheet is the fact that Dominion would get 3 engineer-able races while Exiles only got 2. And Exiles would get 4 medic-able races while Dominion only got 3.
    I can't think of a way to shuffle those without causing conflict with screenshot-supported evidence, or going beyond 4 classes each for the non-humans.

WARRIOR - Human, Cassian, Granok, Mechari, Mordesh, Draken
    STALKER - Human, Cassian, Aurin, Mechari, Mordesh, Draken
    ESPER - Human, Cassian, Aurin, Chua
    SPELLSLINGER - Human, Cassian, Aurin, Chua, Mordesh, Draken
    MEDIC - Human, Cassian, Aurin, Chua, Granok, Mechari, Mordesh
    ENGINEER - Human, Cassian, Chua, Granok, Mechari

Edit of edit: If the Aurin could be engineers instead of medics, it'd fix the entire imbalance, but I'm not sure that would make much sense. I guess on the other hand the medic does seem more technologically aligned than I expected, so it would look a bit weird on the Aurin as well and they could've picked up either profession from the humans after they left their home planet.
  17. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

see, I think that the races will be restricted to 3 classes each outside of humans. I think granok will get medic and engineer, mechari will get medic, and chua will get engineer. I think draken, mordesh and Aurin are done, class wise.
  18. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

I think the Chua will get the Engineer class but not the Medic class.
  19. PsychoticHamster

PsychoticHamster New Cupcake

Honestly, I hope there is a sort of "uneven-ness" to the game in terms of class/race combinations. The Granok/Mechari should just be better at taking damage than everyone else. Likewise, an Aurin/Chua should not be able to tank, both being "flimsier" than some of the other races. Making race/class combos different is better than everything being the same. Its boring, and nobody wants that.
  20. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

and how exactly is an aurin flimsy..............:devilish: